Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I cannot believe that Doc Rivers weasled his way into this job and is already like "well it's not my fault we're bad. I'm not the coach. I'm just a color commentator on tv"

Well I can because he's the worst

it's fine, he's got a get-right game coming up in indianapolis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

At least they’re not as bad as the Wizards FO. They traded KCP and Ish Smith for Monte then traded Monte for a 2027 2nd.

Hahaha the opposite of the red paperclip bit. You start with a new car and end up with a red paperclip

Declan MacManus posted:

it's fine, he's got a get-right game coming up in indianapolis
hahaha

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Doc Rivers is just too good of a name. How could "Doc Rivers" not have all the wisdom in the world?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What’s docs excuse for losing ASG going to be

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i looked it up and apparently he's "doc" because he wore a dr. j t-shirt to a basketball camp when he was in high school, the least learned doctor in this thread.

Boola
Dec 7, 2005
The Bucks hiring Doc Rivers is like if when Mark Jackson was replaced by Steve Kerr in Golden State and immediately became the best team in the league... Houston said to themselves, "drat, we need to throw all the money we can to get ole hands down man down in here stat, he'll turn things around".

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

i looked it up and apparently he's "doc" because he wore a dr. j t-shirt to a basketball camp when he was in high school, the least learned doctor in this thread.

My whole life, maybe because I watched too many action movies and war movies with my dad growing up, I wanted a friend named Doc. I finally got one last year, and let me tell you, it feels great.

"Doc always comes through" "oh yeah Doc is always there to help out"

feels great to say

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

his career high was with the nets so vOv

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Boola posted:

The Bucks hiring Doc Rivers is like if when Mark Jackson was replaced by Steve Kerr in Golden State and immediately became the best team in the league... Houston said to themselves, "drat, we need to throw all the money we can to get ole hands down man down in here stat, he'll turn things around".

But the 76ers are basically the same team they were last year...

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

oh no is the Poole Party over??

https://twitter.com/feellikedrew/status/1755420423758467577

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

And then he fouled out , 0-5 0pts

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

this is how I expected it to go

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

legacy secured, this is no longer the most shameful pool party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-mHSkQTTQ

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
One point raised by a Wolves podcaster that I'd missed is that Monte and his bird rights give the Wolves a bit of insurance against Conley moving on or retiring. Absent that, the Wolves would essentially be stuck moving one of their top 6 players (without having firsts to move with it) or sign someone on the vet minimum.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lowe said Washington tied with easiest schedule so far

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this is the one to put the Cs over the top. book it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Lifespan posted:

But seriously, wtf is a tune up procedure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k81o40CbGXQ

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Lowe’s other interesting point was a number of teams will have a lot more stuff to trade in the summer so sellers may hold out for better trades.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Gary Trent hasn't shot a free throw in his last 16 games. Shooting the hell out of it from three though.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Pistons won a game!!!

Ivey, burks, ausar, sasser, muscala, duren played well against saccamenno.
(killian hayes was part of losing a 15 point lead, joe harris got emergency minutes and continues to be washed)

Now that trade deadline for detroit has passed, to give an honest assessment of detroit's roster, it looks much more like an NBA team than it did to start the year, when it was massively lacking shooting and had zero replacement level small forwards

Now with Burks, Bojan, Muscala, Fontecchio, and troy Brown Jr, they can play normal spaced NBA lineups.

I think Ivey, Ausar, Fontecchio, Bojan, and Muscala could be a great offensive lineup.

Swap in Cade and Burks. Pop Duren in when you want rim running and o-rebounding

Hopefully this team can keep winning, and we can get some positive development from the young guys.

I hate that they lost monte morris, but to be honest any spare lead ball handling minute should be going to Ivey.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 8, 2024

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
the deadline is 3pm eastern, right?

masai blow up toronto
and then also the team

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
cavs

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Pistons are going to be good!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
A nice reminder of the life of a Kings fan. They somehow managed to give the Pistons their 7th win :shepicide:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’m just gonna focus on the “first game home after a long road trip” part of it and call it a schedule loss. 5-2 on said road trip too, hey!

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

fart simpson posted:

this is the one to put the Cs over the top. book it

They got Tillman's Bird Rights too, so even being in 2nd Apron jail he is a guy they can extend which I feel like is a low-key big deal going forward.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

KurdtLives posted:

They got Tillman's Bird Rights too, so even being in 2nd Apron jail he is a guy they can extend which I feel like is a low-key big deal going forward.

i dont really know what any of that stuff means. but it sounds good so im getting hyped

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings fans know about this “first home game after a road trip is really tough” stuff because after years of Kayte saying it she has conditioned us to accept it

They lost to the Hornets AND the Pistons on games like this

Not even Doc has used this as an excuse!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings fans know about this “first home game after a road trip is really tough” stuff because after years of Kayte saying it she has conditioned us to accept it

They lost to the Hornets AND the Pistons on games like this

Not even Doc has used this as an excuse!

Hahaha, that's really good. Nothing is more taxing than being home, sleeping on your own bed, being around your family. It's exhausting!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I don’t pay attention to the Spurs but I’m seeing that Wemby hit a Shammgod on someone? That alone gets him the ROTY. Sorry Chet, that’s just loving insane. And he got the layup! He didn’t do the Iverson sick crossover to clanker!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hahaha, that's really good. Nothing is more taxing than being home, sleeping on your own bed, being around your family. It's exhausting!

Lol. imagine players also being humans!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pistons are 3-4 in their last 7 games

0-4 with Cade
3-0 without Cade

the vaunted 2030 second round pick. it's not much but at least you don't receive it for a long long time

Celtics and Wolves both get really serviceable guys in important backup spots. Should solidify them both

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bulls clinging to that ten seed lmao
https://x.com/KCJHoop/status/1755565405790183498?s=20

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Boring

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1755606306654994780

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1755606644174762470

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/1755604316860334525?s=20

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
lmao, i didn't realize miles bridges had a no trade clause

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

runaway pancake posted:

lmao, i didn't realize miles bridges had a no trade clause

only the truly great ones get to say "not today"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1755611434816565663

Lakers gotta change that banner

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Can’t believe they’d break out this kind of Godfather deal for a guy like Royce

https://x.com/esidery/status/1755590111159267762?s=46

Reports were already coming out that Charlotte had decided to not to trade Miles and was looking to re-sign him this summer, so I think that statement is just a Rich Paul flex thing

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1755613218410832354

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I love these NBA trades where a create-a-player is traded for 19 second round picks and cash considerations.