Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Shammypants posted:

It's ok to not like BotW or TotK, you're safe here despite some of the heathens.

:hmmwrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
People rushing to proudly tell the Switch thread how they pathetically failed at completing a simple task in a children’s game is an evergreen tradition. Thank you for your contribution.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

eightysixed posted:

I don't know what's more annoying, the weird "cop" guy who was always asking what games to "cop" and what games he currently had "copped" or copying at Staples or whatever, or the fact that we've moved past that and on to "jank" and how "janky" TotK is.

It all feels moist.

Sounds pretty cheesy, to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

American McGay posted:

People rushing to proudly tell the Switch thread how they pathetically failed at completing a simple task in a children’s game is an evergreen tradition. Thank you for your contribution.

drat you got a lot meaner after your ban

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Meowywitch posted:

Not very Kawaii Desu Ka if you know what I mean, he will be reported to Satoshi-San at Nintendo of Japan

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

American McGay posted:

Wrath is one of the 7 sins too

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Shammypants posted:

Not very Kawaii Desu Ka if you know what I mean, he will be reported to Satoshi-San at Nintendo of Japan

this might be the worst post you've ever made

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shammypants posted:

ANother Epic Shammypants Post

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Hey guys, keep it to the switch discord thanks.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shammypants posted:

bro what are you talking about

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Looper posted:

bro what are you talking about

You're not in the discord?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:sam:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
It appears we're going off the rails today :catstare:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

eightysixed posted:

It appears we're going off the rails today :catstare:

Today?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Hell yeah

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mods, please release more Switch 2 leaks, and Perma Ban Shammypants. Thank you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Shammypants posted:

lol cool

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mods, please release more Switch 2 leaks, and Perma Ban Shammypants. Thank you

No backseat modding, no being uncool.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch 2 will totally be revealed in March! it'll have a nine inch screen and a camera and a stylus and a

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Switch 2 will totally be revealed in March! it'll have a nine inch screen and a camera and a stylus and a

The Nintendo Switch 2 is shaping up to be the greatest console of all time, say insiders.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
They should release the 3DS2 instead

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I have faith in Wintendo

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Backward compatibility, discord/voice integration, Isabelle theme

wrap it up

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shammypants posted:

switch discord

Gross

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

JollyBoyJohn posted:

oh

totally missed that

I believe you have cognitive issues that need to be addressed by a team of medical professionals

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
plenty of switch discord here in this thread imo

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

hatty posted:

plenty of switch discord here in this thread imo

GeneralBullSwitch

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Can't we all agree that the 2017 Nintendo Switch is another absolute banger for Nintendo? (Wintendo)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wizard2 posted:

Can't we all agree that the 2017 Nintendo Switch is another absolute banger for Nintendo? (Wintendo)

It's an epic console.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Meowywitch posted:

That's American McGay's thing, though. Code Name Viper is one of my favourite NES games, so I automatically just kind of don't mind whatever they say.

That game should be on the Switch, and I will fight anyone who says Rolling Thunder is a better NES game :colbert:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

wizard2 posted:

It’s got a decent shot at becoming the best-selling console of all time when all’s said and done, I’d say that’s pretty bangin’

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's American McGay's thing, though. Code Name Viper is one of my favourite NES games, so I automatically just kind of don't mind whatever they say.

That game should be on the Switch, and I will fight anyone who says Rolling Thunder is a better NES game :colbert:
Thank you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hatty posted:

Nine Inch Nintendo

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I think the average person has pretty basic critical writing skills and heavily relies on the use of shorthand and slang. It's easier to just say something is "good/bad" and let the reader fill in what exactly that means instead of spending the time (and having the skill) to fully describe complex thoughts and feelings.

This isn't a knock on anyone specific, just something I've noticed about media criticism at large across various places.

Skill issue

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

daydrinking at the airport while playing SMRPG. experiencing nirvana right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Yes. Definitely. People go to school to learn how to write critically. It's not something a lot of people can do and even then, it takes talent to be good at it.