Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fart simpson posted:

those swarming maggots are your fellow working class people

:razz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fart simpson posted:

those swarming maggots are your fellow working class people

we're all maggots here

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

that like 4 month stretch where people stopped driving was nice. it was quiet. the waters cleared up. the air cleared up. people were happier.

now all the swarming maggots are doubling down on vrooming everywhere. losers.

lol remember how climate change got worse when we stopped polluting for those months because the planet is hosed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OH MY BAD posted:

can u imagine "uniting on class lines" with a guy who does email job? tf are you gonna do, work the calculator?!

yeah tbh. You think state administration after a revolutionary shift doesn't need bureaucrats???

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!

quote:

As of the second quarter, 64.5% of buyers with payments over a grand had longer-term loans between 67 and 84 months, meaning they’re paying thousands in interest over the life of their car loans. A smaller, savvy group—some 15.6%—had shorter-term loans of 31-48 months, minimizing their total interest payments at the cost of having a higher monthly payment in the short run, Edmunds said.

lol $1000+ a month for 84 months for a car

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol $1000+ a month for 84 months for a car

That's just what a Jeep costs!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
The fact that <16% of people with car payments over $1000/mo have 4 year loans is some pretty brain melting information. That's incredible.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol remember how climate change got worse when we stopped polluting for those months because the planet is hosed

iirc a large part of that was because shipping tankers and the fuel they use? some sort of sulfur mix into the fuel

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

OH MY BAD posted:

mandatory 6 months of lifting poo poo in a warehouse for anyone who can do a vlookup in excel

edit: forgot it's mandatory

I did that while learning Excel. Do I get grandfathered?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

we're all maggots here

Not me, Imma be a fly, then I'll fly away from this poo poo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Today's the day we finally crack it. We're gonna figure out who gets the wall and who gets to lead the glorious vanguard.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

iirc a large part of that was because shipping tankers and the fuel they use? some sort of sulfur mix into the fuel

We've been engaging in ongoing atmospheric aerosol injection of sulfur dioxide via shipping routes. Sulfur dioxide is rather bad but we've gotten ourselves into quite the pickle where doing a thing will kill us but stopping doing the thing will hurt really, really bad.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Today's the day we finally crack it. We're gonna figure out who gets the wall and who gets to lead the glorious vanguard.

The answer is me

to both of those, wall and vanguard but not in that order

I'm gonna robespierre this poo poo

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah that happened twenty three loving years ago too when all the planes stopped flying
vapor trails disappeared from the sky and the sun was no longer shaded

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if only there was existing system of thought and analysis that, when properly applied, yields an empirical view of the relations of production

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

unfortunately liberalism is the manifestation of reality. therefore pfc is first against the wall because his posts piss me off

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
I will simply ride my bike away from the wall

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Raskolnikov38 posted:

loolll

To be fair that was primarily the beginning of manufacturing consent for geoengineering, which is definitely going to be safe, well implemented, and not going to kill us

They're just sliding out the little ol' idea that maybe polluting is good...? Idk they're just asking questions

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Most geoengineering projects (aerosol injection in particular) produce extremely quick results, so starting those is one of the rare times when you can probably predict that things are going to get really bad, really soon. You won't have to wait a decade to learn that we just annihilated rainfall patterns for most of Asia.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1755613305581007308?t=eipIP3Brnxp68_hpF9XuGA

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

that like 4 month stretch where people stopped driving was nice. it was quiet. the waters cleared up. the air cleared up. people were happier.

now all the swarming maggots are doubling down on vrooming everywhere. losers.

Netflix had this documentary about all the ways that nature recovered because of the COVID lockdowns. Birds could sing complex songs again. Whales could hear each other over long distances. Turtles could lay and hatch their eggs along beaches without them getting trampled by people or having the hatchlings get confused and crawl the wrong way towards the sea.

It was intensely depressing watching it last year because I knew we had thrown it all away.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
$ARM loving went up 58% just today because they said AI :stare:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

gradenko_2000 posted:

Netflix had this documentary about all the ways that nature recovered because of the COVID lockdowns. Birds could sing complex songs again. Whales could hear each other over long distances. Turtles could lay and hatch their eggs along beaches without them getting trampled by people or having the hatchlings get confused and crawl the wrong way towards the sea.

It was intensely depressing watching it last year because I knew we had thrown it all away.

What’s the documentary?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

sending my boss the letters "AI" and demanding a 50% raise

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

skooma512 posted:

$ARM loving went up 58% just today because they said AI :stare:

Palantir just dropped an ad today where they say AI and football for 9 minutes straight. It was so bad.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yellen is a terrorist

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RadiRoot posted:

home assessments will go down too though right? right? …

hosing assessments in PA are very strange and don’t follow anything like you would think would be a normal same system

the answer is no but !!! they didn’t go up either so

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Glumwheels posted:

What’s the documentary?

"The Year Earth Changed", with Sir David Attenborough

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
In this county the assessment guideline is 63% of the fair market value when the last reassessment was done (2012), but whenever properties change hands the school district can and frequently does get them reassessed. On the other hand there are people who have somehow managed to maintain 1980s level assessments. It's hosed up

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

read that report a while ago and loving lol that the 601-660 group takes out bigger loans than the 781-850 group

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
it’s literally subprime mortgage bubble but for cars. the only good news is that the car market is smaller on paper

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Non banks are non important!

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
It's probably the subprime group getting hosed harder on interest rates than the prime people. It's not like there are that many cheap lovely cars for the working poor to drive anymore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

533 for a used car loan jfc

(average !!)

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

It's probably the subprime group getting hosed harder on interest rates than the prime people. It's not like there are that many cheap lovely cars for the working poor to drive anymore

click the link, the highest group averages $36k and the middle averages $43k. only for new cars though, the used car amounts dont have that pattern

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

that’s a great deal

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Pink Mist posted:

click the link, the highest group averages $36k and the middle averages $43k. only for new cars though, the used car amounts rank order with fico

lol oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Also some dealerships now won't let you do outside financing, I did a "check my rate" thing with a Ford dealership to see what they were charging and their only option was Capital One at 5.9%. Also they kept calling me for six months after I checked that.