Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Harper Lee's estate sued him because of how bad it is and I hope they won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bill maher and sorkin should get gay married

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Kumail's therapist should have shown him Kojima's review

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

so excited!
https://x.com/THR/status/1755415682198433865?s=20

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this movie sucked rear end.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

this movie sucked rear end.

hmm sounds like maybe you just hate women directors, misogyny much..???

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Xaris posted:

hmm sounds like maybe you just hate women directors, misogyny much..???

yes

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
cant do comedy, cant write books, cant make Good movies... they can't do anything. I hate them

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Harper Lee's estate sued him because of how bad it is and I hope they won

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Death Stranding is great but I really wanted to see him as the protagonist of Silent Hills.

Kojima must make all Norman Reedus mocap footage public domain, for the good of the species

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Norman Reedus is gonna be the eternal digital actor that Square tried to make Aki Ross into

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I can't wait to see all the weird mocap stuff Norman does in Death Stranding 2

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
a digital Norman Reedus in every home

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
norm has freedus

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The AMC motorcycle show in-game ad in Death Stranding is astounding. Kojima is a genius

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

just did a quick scan of the Eternals wikipedia article and lol that the female lead is in a love triangle between two Game of Thrones actors

Two Stark kids, even

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

loquacius posted:

just did a quick scan of the Eternals wikipedia article and lol that the female lead is in a love triangle between two Game of Thrones actors

Two Stark kids, even

is this the character or actual people boning

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

just the character as far as I know but I'm not up to date on my celebrity gossip

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

The character because you might remember Eternals as being the first film to feature a sex scene or a gay.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nichael posted:

The character because you might remember Eternals as being the first film to feature a sex scene.

yes, quite revolutionary

the wikipedia article actually did not mention it so I don't know whether it features Robb or Jon Snow

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

loquacius posted:

yes, quite revolutionary

the wikipedia article actually did not mention it so I don't know whether it features Robb or Jon Snow

Both.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Which is the most successful and popular film by a female director

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nonsense posted:

There's only been one film made by a female, and as you might've guessed, it's Eternals.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nonsense posted:

seriously though if you go by box office it's definitely Barbie and probably by most other metrics too but I don't know off the top of my head

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

seriously though if you go by box office it's definitely Barbie and probably by most other metrics too but I don't know off the top of my head

sam taylor-johnson had a 12:1 ROI with fifty shades

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zero Dark Thirty since it won the Oscar AND the global war on terror.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

In Training posted:

Zero Dark Thirty since it won the Oscar AND the global war on terror.

yea i was going to say something by Kathryn Bigelow, who is a vastly better director than her ex James Cameron

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

turns out the highest grossing after barbie are frozen 2 and then captain marvel.

https://www.billboard.com/lists/barbie-highest-grossing-films-women-directors-top-30-all-time-billboard-list/wonder-woman-2017/

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
point break (the good one)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cant believe the matrix reloaded was more successful than the matrix

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Eric Cantonese posted:

That's Masterchef Junior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Dd1Njn-g0

At this point, I don't know how he has time to run a restaurant, let alone multiple ones. I know he's probably on some super-high macro level of leadership (or maybe just licensing out his name for others to use as branding), but still. He's always doing something away from an actual restaurant kitchen now.

Hes just a brand who licences his likeness for cash, and has been for along time. Hes as involved in the food in his restaurants as he is in his frozen dinner options.

Ted Wassanasong has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Feb 8, 2024

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Al! posted:

cant believe the matrix reloaded was more successful than the matrix

The turning point in quality is usually the most profitable entry in a series. It absorbs all the goodwill from previous entries and deters audiences from subsequent entries.

The entertainment production algorithm has learned the wrong lesson from this pattern.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gumball Gumption posted:

Went to a performance of Aaron Sorkin's stage adaptation to Kill a Mockingbird. I didn't realize until we got to the theater that it was Sorkin. Absolute dog poo poo. Dude misunderstood Mockingbird and decided what we really need is a version that takes down that white savior Atticus Finch. Except Atticus isn't one in the book so Sorkin needs to add a bunch of poo poo and change things to make Finch one so that he can then tear him down. Except he doesn't and the ending is the same as the book and Atticus learns sometimes the law isn't enough.

Calpurnia gets an expanded role but she mostly used it to look at the audience and give "that just happened" comments. It also had a joke almost every minute.
this sounds like the worst loving thing of all time

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Will Madame Web be funny bad or boring bad?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

it's gonna sweep

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

webbilion dollars

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

Will Morbius be funny bad or boring bad?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

madame web is in the morb-iverse

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Nichael posted:

Will Madame Web be funny bad or boring bad?

The movie itself is probably boring bad, but the drama around its very obvious upcoming failure and the weird as hell ad campaign has been funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

there’s movies a beer or two at the theater will make an entertaining enough watch

and then there’s some better done at home because you need a six pack or two