Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

It really doesn't help that SWFs and other really determined survivors will find a way to weaponize any countermeasure the devs can come up with. We saw it with DS, with basekit BT, etc. This leads to these things getting nerfed until they're basically useless like current-day DS where the stun barely lasts longer than it takes for you to hit the ground and begin moving.

True, that's basically one of the two big problems they need to solve but won't.

- SWFs make balancing anything on the survivor side impossible, and they refuse to even consider adding meaningful improvements to try to close the gap.
- Blight and the Nurse make balancing anything on the killer side impossible, and they just end up hurting and nerfing killers that already suck to play while inadvertently buffing Blight and the Nurse.

The game's a loving mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Tormented posted:

I don't know why you think that. I just played against a Dredge and it gets stupidly dark during Nightfall.

He said visibilty, maybe the players don't glow like in normal mode? I dunno.

As far as darkness, streamers were saying it didn't seem much different. Haven't tested it myself yet though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tormented posted:

I don't know why you think that. I just played against a Dredge and it gets stupidly dark during Nightfall.

Yeah it gets dark but Dredge is still limited to the visual distance of the event, where normally he can see your bright white self across the map

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1755616901403730221?s=20

Billy and Blight getting some needed Add On tweaks, Sadako getting buffed woot!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Thompson's Mix nerf was sorely needed and will help a ton. Same with the other cooldown addon. Stacking those got oppressive so quickly. Glad to see some Sadako love.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
That sadako buff to her manifesting speed should make starting chases feel a fair bit nicer.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1755616901403730221?s=20

Billy and Blight getting some needed Add On tweaks, Sadako getting buffed woot!

I don't think this is gonna get Sadako anywhere NEAR to being OK, but hey, I guess she's better than yesterday.

E: I really hope this isn't the last of the fixes because if it is, she's still solidly in the "I want a loving refund for my purchase" territory.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 8, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahahaha watching LilithOmen play Blight, Compound 33 is quite possibly the worst add on in the game now.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

Hahahaha watching LilithOmen play Blight, Compound 33 is quite possibly the worst add on in the game now.

I strongly doubt that, considering how many incredibly bad and outright harmful add-ons some killers have

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Umbreon posted:

I strongly doubt that, considering how many incredibly bad and outright harmful add-ons some killers have

Upon watching it more he was using it with Shredded Notes, so only had one Rush token (both reduce them), which meant he literally could not Lethal Rush.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

:sickos:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

Upon watching it more he was using it with Shredded Notes, so only had one Rush token (both reduce them), which meant he literally could not Lethal Rush.

Holy loving lol. Basically the new Burger King Meyers

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
They just need to lean entirely into the lore that the Entity fucks with both the survivors and killers and change unhooking to some kind of escape teleport. Increase the time it takes to make a successful unhook by like 3x so Survivors can't just rush the hook to get a body off, but if a survivor gets the 'unhook' or the killer accumulates X amount of facecamp time during a hook stage, then have the Entity come down to grab the hooked survivor and yeet them across the map.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. Locke posted:

They just need to lean entirely into the lore that the Entity fucks with both the survivors and killers and change unhooking to some kind of escape teleport. Increase the time it takes to make a successful unhook by like 3x so Survivors can't just rush the hook to get a body off, but if a survivor gets the 'unhook' or the killer accumulates X amount of facecamp time during a hook stage, then have the Entity come down to grab the hooked survivor and yeet them across the map.

Something like PH's cages would work imo. Slap them on the hook, they go away. Hang around the hooked survivor too long, they go away again. No hook aura.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tiny Myers posted:

I love when someone teabags and clicks then when you decide to hard tunnel them and ruin their match they DC. Like genuinely what were you expecting buddy
They wanted to feel something

Anything

(So they felt the hook ig)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Pig is very good at this. Sure friend, be a dick, I *can* end your game to the exclusion of all else if I feel like it, it's not even hard

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Was I misremembering a dev endorsing using a cursor overlay a while ago?

If not, has anyone used this yet

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1477830?snr=2_9_100010__apphubheader

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

tithin posted:

I've used the built in crosshair on my monitor for a bit but then I stopped because it honestly wasn't adding much value. The actual hit boxes are always a bit off

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

my power grows

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Relyssa posted:

my power grows

LET'S loving GOOOO (love the sweater btw)

also yeah they endorsed cross hairs recently, I don't remember the context, if it was a joke in a stream or an AMA

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

LET'S loving GOOOO (love the sweater btw)

The sweater is one of my favorite single cosmetic pieces in the game. It's so good.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I have to give a shout out to a Pig named Jumpscares Only that did nothing in a Lights Out match but sneak up on players while crouched only to do the loud roar to spook everyone

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

"Teaser" for the next original chapter. Twitter and Reddit are thinking Skinwalker or Wendigo

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I have to give a shout out to a Pig named Jumpscares Only that did nothing in a Lights Out match but sneak up on players while crouched only to do the loud roar to spook everyone

this owns so hard

also do people still DC the instant they see a skull merchant drone? i like the way she plays but if folks are still scarred from pre-rework i won't add to it

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 8, 2024

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

tithin posted:

I just use a the free windows app one, it's called crosshair V2

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

this owns so hard

also do people still DC the instant they see a skull merchant drone? i like the way she plays but if folks are still scarred from pre-rework i won't add to it

Not that I could see, the few skull merchants I ran into, everybody played out the full match without issue.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Unsure who thought it was a good idea to have all the gens partially completed at the start of Dark Mode. Sure, I love having two gens slammed before I can cross the map, then I have to run the first person I find out of the game and then everyone is whining

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

DeathChicken posted:

Unsure who thought it was a good idea to have all the gens partially completed at the start of Dark Mode. Sure, I love having two gens slammed before I can cross the map, then I have to run the first person I find out of the game and then everyone is whining

They are only 5% complete... and its so people can find them by sound. Also this mode is so so so insanely killer sided if you're having a hard time I've got some bad news for you...

Like having the gens start partially on is actually one of the few good designs of the mode...

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

It's to disguise where the survivors start.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

tithin posted:

The recent BHVR AMA on Reddit had them state "we won't be adding a crosshair but we also won't ban you for using an external one" but a little more coy than that.
I use "crosshair v2" which I do not remember downloading but it is on my PC and all it does is slap a little white + in the center of my monitor. I find it incredibly useful on some killers (huntress, trickster) and hella detrimental on others. (deathslinger, mostly)

Relyssa posted:

I have within the week seen someone give up the second she heard my terror radius. Didn't chase, didn't kick a gen, didn't tunnel, just straight up AFK under hook until I downed her for having birds at which point she insta-suicided. I've had multiple other people DC on first down, or kill themselves first hook or AFK under hooks, or etc etc roughly once every 3rd or 4th game.
Peep the extremely meta and unfun to play against Skull Merchant build that causes this behavior:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That is an awful / amazing name

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
It wasn't until recently that I realized I fundamentally did not understand how skull merchants power worked and I think that's how it is for most people.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

tithin posted:

That is an awful / amazing name

I've been keeping track of my Steam and Skype/Discord names for nearly a decade now, if you want to read them. This one has lasted a lot longer than some for the sheer fact that people are still viscerally reacting to it almost a month later.
I find that forcing people's brains to read phrases that conjure nebulous, yet vivid imagery is a more effective tool for shock humor than what half of the dbd community does, IE: "Hex: Devour rear end" or "Myers' Cum Slut" and things of that nature.

Any middle schooler can go "haha i am horny for wesker isn't that soooo weird?" it takes a Bad Name Connoisseur to make my particular brand of terrible art.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

curiousTerminal posted:

I've been keeping track of my Steam and Skype/Discord names for nearly a decade now, if you want to read them. This one has lasted a lot longer than some for the sheer fact that people are still viscerally reacting to it almost a month later.
I find that forcing people's brains to read phrases that conjure nebulous, yet vivid imagery is a more effective tool for shock humor than what half of the dbd community does, IE: "Hex: Devour rear end" or "Myers' Cum Slut" and things of that nature.

Any middle schooler can go "haha i am horny for wesker isn't that soooo weird?" it takes a Bad Name Connoisseur to make my particular brand of terrible art.

Hello, fellow bad username connoisseur. That username is loving powerful. A recent favorite of mine (I was on Dwight):

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I saw a survivor named Bilbo Teabaggins once, I still giggle at that one

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
someone said "gg frederick" to me after a freddy match and that still makes me laugh

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

"Teaser" for the next original chapter. Twitter and Reddit are thinking Skinwalker or Wendigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrGO9XN-_P8

This could also be the much rumoured Until Dawn crossover, since that game featured similar themes.

Or it could be a distillation of the game's central problems: a killer who can take the form of a survivor, which is of course terrible for solo queue but for SWFs the killer might as well not have a power.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They've said it's an original killer so not Until Dawn.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Leak of Valentine's Nic Cage skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

They've said it's an original killer so not Until Dawn.

Probably for the best. I defy anyone to remember anything noteworthy about the Until Dawn killer.