Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Illmade posted:

He's against terrorists.

Oof.

Gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I'll wait for The Penders Cut.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mystes posted:

I'm holding out for a gritty spongebob reboot starring idris elba

I mean if it was just a short one off thing making fun of gritty re-boots, from what little I've seen of spongebob that could really work.

Seems a show that could run really well with genre satire, and lovely gritty remakes is a genre that's ripe for making fun of.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

dr_rat posted:

I mean if it was just a short one off thing making fun of gritty re-boots, from what little I've seen of spongebob that could really work.

Seems a show that could run really well with genre satire, and lovely gritty remakes is a genre that's ripe for making fun of.

Each episode must end with a somber version of an eighties banger. Episode 1 will be a children’s choir singing “Hungry Like the Wolf”. Sadly.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

sweet geek swag posted:

So it's a little more complicated than this. Chris Pratt was accused of going to Hillsong Church, which does promote conversion therapy, but as far as anyone can tell he never attended Hillsong and he has denied ever attending there vociferously. He instead attends Zoe Church in Los Angeles. Now the founder of Zoe Church is linked to Hillsong and has said Hillsong inspired the creation of his own church, and he's been involved with a number of other anti-LGBT people and projects, but as far as anyone can tell the church itself doesn't openly take an anti-LGBT stance. Also Chris Pratt admits that he also goes to a Catholic church occasionally, as his wife is Catholic. He actually has indicated that he isn't very religious at all. And there are a lot of churches where if you engage with them on a surface level seem very accepting, but only once you cross a certain line do they show their true colors.

Gosh twitter twisted some poo poo around, willfully ignored the details and went out of their way to be offended? That never happ-oh wait no, it happened 3 more times while I was typing this out.

This thread is proof that no one gives a poo poo, plenty of people are still gonna be real mad, and they're not going to let an insignificant thing like reality get in the way of that.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I care

about celebrities

please be nice to pratt

:(

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol god Wil Wheaton sucks so much

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

poisonpill posted:

I don’t think you realize what Madame Web means, you jokers

The whole hierarchy of power in the Sony Spider-Man Rogues Gallery Universe is changing

I'm gonna squeam!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

Sounds like baby poo poo, pal

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wil Wheaton seems like he might have had a flashback to some poo poo from his abusive dad, but it's probably best to talk about that with your therapist rather than Facebook.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i hate chris pratt because he has bigger biceps than i do

SpareRids
Feb 8, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 8, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think that larry david attacking elmo was funny but if it would make wil wheaton feel better, I also think it would be funny if elmo called out a hit on larry david

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hey guys, there was a patreon update apparently!

Hey everyone! We're almost done with a new video that is sort of an addendum to our Kyle Gallner Spectacular episode of Half in the Bag from last year. We got a lot of recommendations from that episode for the movie Dinner in America, which came out in 2020 and maybe got lost in the a sea of endless streaming options when it definitely deserves more attention. Coming soon!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The beloved kyle gallner episode continues to echo to this day. I'm glad the boys recognize this

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
this is the followup content literally everybody was asking for

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

GallNerds rejoice!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mystes posted:

I think that larry david attacking elmo was funny but if it would make wil wheaton feel better, I also think it would be funny if elmo called out a hit on larry david

So I have no idea what this who larry david attacking elmo is a bout, but I trust David and I don't trust elmo, so without looking into it I'm just going to assume it was in self defense.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

this explains a lot about him

hes still a poo poo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
'your honor, he was literally asking to be tickled!'

edit: oh the other elmo

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

man i feel bad for larry david. an attack like that from a well respected person like wil wheaton. hope he doing ok

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

dr_rat posted:

So I have no idea what this who larry david attacking elmo is a bout, but I trust David and I don't trust elmo, so without looking into it I'm just going to assume it was in self defense.

they were both on the today show

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

jesus i just watched the footage. elmo shows up with his burly bodyguard and talked to larry in that mocking tone of his. larry had no choice but to strike first. you can only take so much disrespect.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

pop culture is so loving stupid

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hackers film 1995 posted:

man i feel bad for larry david. an attack like that from a well respected person like wil wheaton. hope he doing ok

Larry David’s stepfather used to post inappropriate overstatements of harm on Facebook when he was young so this is very triggering for him

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Stink Billyums posted:

they were both on the today show

Elmo was clearly trying to eat his hand. Put that elmo filth in jail already!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

“maybe im just old school, but kids these days could maybe use inappropriate overstatements of harm up side the head now and then.”

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I want to shove wil wheaton in a locker so loving bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the line starts around 1987 pal

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

dreezy posted:

we are drowning in worthless media, an attention economy fueled by endless consumption. subscribe, watch, react, engage, repeat. endless trash cannot sustain itself forever, can it?

What part of "endless" do you not understand?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Larry David's biggest mistake was not realizing that the Today Show is for babies and small children. Good thing he was there to promote his TV-MA rated comedy show on HBO.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If I had Will Wheaton take time out of his day to write a novel about me I’d just leave the country. There’s no way I could live down the fact that Will Wheaton knows me enough to have an opinion of me

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The only celebrity whose essays I want to read, is john cusack

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Between this a the Kumali interview it looks like celebrities heard that mental health and abuse are more acceptable topics to discuss openly these days these days and by gum are they gonna do everything they possibly can to get the stigma back to 90's levels.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

https://i.imgur.com/tMLo94l.mp4

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Larry David could shoot up a bus full of nuns and that would not be nearly as worse a crime as Will Wheaton's cameo in Picard.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I just read the whole thing. This guy thinks that curb isn't about larry suffering the consequences of being an rear end in a top hat. That's the final punchline of most of the episodes. I get that his childhood hosed him up, but drat dude, you don't know what you're talking about.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Willy wonka was not ready for the direct to streaming era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*Starting Good Idea*: People should be able to talk about struggles with mental health in an open way, and encourage others to seek therapy and medications so that everyone has the best chance of living a full, happy life.
*Reality*: Celebs start hogging the spotlight saying it's "triggering" when they have a bad dream or something