Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Iverron
May 13, 2012

net work error posted:

Non banks are non important!

premium non banks are sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

OH MY BAD posted:

can u imagine "uniting on class lines" with a guy who does email job? tf are you gonna do, work the calculator?!

you need to calculate the artillery stuff

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
btw check out this car market article from 2019 that aged terribly

https://www.troweprice.com/content/dam/trp-library/insights/pdfs/2019/july/troweprice-auto-abs-not-a-systemic-risk.pdf

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Knives completely fine, says Stabbing Analyst

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

you need to calculate the artillery stuff

The name "computer" comes from this job lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Skyl3lazer posted:

She's just saying the price of the items btw. They're also all very cheap unless there's slang I'm missing, the most common price she says is "10 yuan" (~$1.50).

Is it the amount she gets for showing it on stream?

Apr 7, 2003

Deranged Jack Smith will be in prison by March 2025

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sending my boss the letters "AI" and demanding a 50% raise

Literally going to do this. Wish me luck

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

KirbyKhan posted:

Not me, Imma be a fly, then I'll fly away from this poo poo

you'll be back

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I think it’s time to start using the term “robber barons” again

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

that’s a great deal

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The name "computer" comes from this job lol

please do not touch the computers

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Just open more credit cards, what's the problem

HELOC to pay off the cards and then go spending again hell yes

Apr 7, 2003

Scarabrae posted:

HELOC to pay off the cards and then go spending again hell yes

There's literally an ad on the radio here telling people to take out a HELOC and go on a vacation with the money

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

That's a cool dress

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sending my boss the letters "AI" and demanding a 50% raise

my boss had us mention AI for the first time on our website's services section.

we dont loving use it at all. :ssh:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I know I spent too much on my card because my credit card limit was just raised to 11.5K lol

apparently this is good for my credit score - didn't someone post that 30% of it is based on how low of a percent of your total limit you spend?

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's probably the subprime group getting hosed harder on interest rates than the prime people. It's not like there are that many cheap lovely cars for the working poor to drive anymore

there will still be honda civics way after they stop making generator hubs for novelty bicycles ridden exclusively by wet burp children

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Food/mcdonalds-stock-price-drops-after-ceo-promises-affordability/story?id=106985523

You made number sad :qq:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cheesus posted:

Boomer demographic is drying up and the subsequent generations are not large enough to make up the difference so we need to raise prices to keep the number going up.

millennials outnumber boomers

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

one of the links from that said a mcdonald's in a really wealthy area of connecticut was charging $17 for two cheeseburgers

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

welp i just got laid off myself though this appears to be retaliation for asking to be moved to a new assignment cause the manager of the last one was so terrible he gave me and other members of the team anxiety attacks instead of a mass layoff

they told me they'd get me a new assignment and then two weeks later laid me off instead. no severance offered either so guess it's lawyer consultation time

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Mcdonald's near me still has 2 cheeseburgers for $3 and it's the only thing on the menu even close to a value proposition anymore.

I was ready to firebomb the building when they took away my $1 sodas.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

BULBASAUR posted:

its the slow collapse of empire, op, buckle up

Can't afford the buckle or the subscription fee to maintain it.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

genericnick posted:

thread title

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Something to keep in mind is that there were wild signs of economic stress in 2019 going back to maybe 2016ish. It's particularly creepy that you can look at a ton of economic indicators and see a clear lead-up to the 2020 recession, even though COVID was a black swan event that shouldn't have been preceded by any notable economic warning signs. All the hits from that period are showing up again because they never went anywhere and we've spent the last few years aggressively undoing any gains from COVID aid programs.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Looking around at job applications.

Saw one for AI.

CONVERSATIONAL AI EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of 2 years experience testing Conversational AI and rules-based chatbot applications

Weren't there the first day these showed up? NOT QUALIFIED. There are as many AI engineers as there ever will be, you're already too late.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Maed posted:

welp i just got laid off myself though this appears to be retaliation for asking to be moved to a new assignment cause the manager of the last one was so terrible he gave me and other members of the team anxiety attacks instead of a mass layoff

they told me they'd get me a new assignment and then two weeks later laid me off instead. no severance offered either so guess it's lawyer consultation time

godspeed goon, squeeze em

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
My wages are not keeping up with inflation and every time the Democrats insist that they are, I'm adding a year to their hellban

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

FistEnergy posted:

My wages are not keeping up with inflation and every time the Democrats insist that they are, I'm adding a year to their hellban

Are you saying that you care more about your own wages than this line representing a hypothetical median American?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Paradoxish posted:

Are you saying that you care more about your own wages than this line representing a hypothetical median American?

As much as I love Number, I am only flesh and blood

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

millennials outnumber boomers
Why are they not pumping Boomer-levels of money into the economy?

STOP THE AVACADO TOAST!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

What an odd thing to say

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1755513596933546045

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

skooma512 posted:

Saw one for AI.

Minimum of 2 years experience testing Conversational AI and rules-based chatbot applications

Weren't there the first day these showed up? NOT QUALIFIED. There are as many AI engineers as there ever will be, you're already too late.

"Conversational AI"? Get a real loving job (not directed at op).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
most workers will never receive severance

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

skooma512 posted:

Saw one for AI.

always lie on your resume, personality's mostly what you get hired for

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
i have extensive experience trying to get around the nsfw filters on chatgpt i'll have your bot sucking and loving and giving you the recipe for napalm in no time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wow, what are the odds so many of their employees just so happened to be found to be doing a lovely job at exactly the same time there was a general economic downturn

whatever the answer, I'm sure we can all agree this is 100% legit and not engineered to do layoffs without severance