Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Who the hell names their dog “Tim” anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
xbox is gonna buy nintendo and the switch 2 will have smash with master chief fighting mario

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
glad y'all enjoyed that I made it in a meeting

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Soul Glo posted:

xbox is gonna buy nintendo and the switch 2 will have smash with master chief fighting mario

Isnt Master Chief Already in Smash?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

TheScott2K posted:

glad y'all enjoyed that I made it in a meeting

You can rule Twitter for a couple of days if you time it well.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

John F Bennett posted:

You can rule Twitter for a couple of days if you time it well.

That kind of thing was more fun when Twitter wasn't a Nazi bar

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

strategery posted:

Isnt Master Chief Already in Smash?

no, he was in brawlhalla, apparently? also spartans have shown up in dead or alive?

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
played a bit of Starfield last night and had a surprisingly decent time. it could be really good!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Simiain posted:

played a bit of Starfield last night and had a surprisingly decent time. it could be really good!

what was your favorite loading screen

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

what was your favorite loading screen

Taking an elevator inside a club to the 2nd floor is my favourite one

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Guillermus posted:

Taking an elevator inside a club to the 2nd floor is my favourite one

It's weird because if you take the stairs there is no loading screen.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

They probably used the Prey elevator but without the fancy tricks

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Simiain posted:

It isnt the revolution i wanted it to be, but ive been having a good time with it, despite the issues.

On the final mission in Gears Tactics at the moment. It does the thing where the final boss is like 5x harder than the entire rest of the game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

It's weird because if you take the stairs there is no loading screen.

Just like real life.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I have purchased literally one physical xbox game. i am pretty sure they have already like softly given up on discs prior to all this

I haven't purchased any discs since the 360 era

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Last physical game I bought was Skyrim back in 2011.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’ve gone mostly digital but for a few must-haves I also buy them physical used and on sale for like $10-20 each just in case a war breaks out and I lose internet

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It'll be funny to see starfield getting the "it's actually pretty good and overhated" treatment wheh it launches on ps5 (If it does)

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 8, 2024

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Elden Ring is my only physical game, and I bought it mostly to test my disc drive -- it was also on sale for $40 and it's the one game I didn't mind double-dipping for (have it on PS5 too). Besides that I only buy physical games on the Switch.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Seltzer posted:

It'll be funny to see starfield getting the "it's actually pretty good and overhated" treatment wheh it launches on ps5 (I'd it does(
There are definitely some things that could make Starfield more tolerable to play, but the actual main thing that's wrong with it (no hand-crafted world whatsoever when you step six inches outside a main city) is not something they can fix in a patch or update.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

You can rent games at the library, that's how I didn't get scammed out of money for dogshit like Mario Golf/Tennis and Watchdogs legion. Physical media for sharing content with friends and getting super good deals owns

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

strategery posted:

Series S, so no physical games.

Also do not care in the slightest about (if it is true) xbox going multiplatform. I doubt it will be all games, doubt it will be day 1, and still have gamepass. So there is incentive there to stay on xbox. They have been messaging trying to branch out to other platforms for literally years and have put games like Ori on other platforms already..

Imagine having an actual balanced take on tyool 2024 where such things generate no mindshare!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Shammypants posted:

You can rent games at the library, that's how I didn't get scammed out of money for dogshit like Mario Golf/Tennis and Watchdogs legion. Physical media for sharing content with friends and getting super good deals owns

Yah I donated a ton of 360 games to the library, it rules. I don’t have any physical media games to donate anymore which kinda sucks!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i love buying 360/xbone ames really cheap and playing htem on series x with loads of improvements. its "win"

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Donating stuff feels so good. Always be donating. Someone should tell timdog

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i love buying 360/xbone ames really cheap and playing htem on series x with loads of improvements. its "win"

Now to pop in my Burnout 3 disc :rubshands:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Now to pop in my Burnout 3 disc :rubshands:

xbox phil should have been fired for this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

xbox phil should have been fired for this

Inshallah

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
Does GameStop still sell off last-gen used games for $1 or is that a thing of the past? About half my 360 library was from around 2014-2016 when they were offloading nearly every 360 game for $1-$5. Worked out great with BC coming out after

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

priznat posted:

Yah I donated a ton of 360 games to the library, it rules. I don’t have any physical media games to donate anymore which kinda sucks!!

That’s a really good idea! The only physical game I’ve bought from Xbox/sony in the past 10 years is FFXV cause it was 15 bux.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
My last physical game was release day GTA V for the 360, though I entirely skipped the Bone Generation

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It’s pretty cool and when I go to the library I can check in on my old copy of Viva Piñata and such

Also the Burger King games, like Sneak King.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Some of the bennies I'm getting can only be spent on books or physical games :v: so the last one I got was Infinite Wealth just now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ruffian Price posted:

Some of the bennies I'm getting can only be spent on books or physical games :v: so the last one I got was Infinite Wealth just now

you can easily spend cash on digital games. what do you think the slot on the series x is for

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

does anyone have the Reddit post where the guy dropped the sausage into the series x vent lol

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
people should start vaping into their Series X's again

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

does anyone have the Reddit post where the guy dropped the sausage into the series x vent lol

Ah, so that’s where timdog got his name

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

thin rear end sausage

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Xbox will live forever in my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Yeah I'd like to know how many physical games people here have bough "recently".
Looking at my shelf, I've gotten like five physical Xbox games over the last couple of years. At least half were from getting gift cards for EB Games etc. from relatives for Xmas, and the other half were from rummaging around the pre-owned bins while I was there.