Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

War and Pieces posted:

Whatever Toonami I actually did IRL

gundam seed into wing into G ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Kitfox88 posted:

Turn A is the final canonical Gundam show, for every gundam, even the ones that aired after it

Didn’t Seed literally do this? Since it was the first AU made after Turn A, They sprinkled in shots throughout the show to retroactively make things in Turn A “references to Seed”it so it would “fit in” with G, Wing, and X?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
nah seed just really overused stock footage

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Seed is on a whole different timeline. I'm not kidding that it reverse engineers NewTypes to fit into what was at the time a topical GWOT flavoring. The Cosmic Era is kicked off by a petroleum crisis that ends in the nuking of Kashmir.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
got reminded of the best song in anime today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzP4_JT3Gfo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Also watch King Gainer when you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9m3LOUzZs4

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Seed is on a whole different timeline. I'm not kidding that it reverse engineers NewTypes to fit into what was at the time a topical GWOT flavoring. The Cosmic Era is kicked off by a petroleum crisis that ends in the nuking of Kashmir.

None of the AU timelines were compatible with UC either. Turn A taking place “after every Gundam show” isn’t based on your feeble mortal understanding of time.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Scarabrae posted:

gundam seed into wing into G ?

nah, SEED came way after Wing and G.

still think it's hilarious they claimed to have pulled the original series off Toonami because of its "war themes" in the wake of 9/11, but it was clearly because it was not doing hot ratings wise. 08th MS Team was running in its slot by October.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The enshittification continues https://twitter.com/twinkdefcon/status/1755378847988478404

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mecha Gojira posted:

nah, SEED came way after Wing and G.

still think it's hilarious they claimed to have pulled the original series off Toonami because of its "war themes" in the wake of 9/11, but it was clearly because it was not doing hot ratings wise. 08th MS Team was running in its slot by October.

I was watching it and that’s all that matters. Was so pissed coming home from school and it not being on. It was during the final arc! They pulled the rug out just as the climax was starting! I can understand canceling a so early on, but why would you do it with only a few episodes left right at the climax? Hell I’m still pissed. A Boa Que and the bazooka headshot and the Gundam melting would have blown my mind as a child. It just doesn’t hit the same watching years later on your laptop.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
a baoa qu rips no matter how you see it. but yeah i would have flipped

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

galagazombie posted:

I was watching it and that’s all that matters. Was so pissed coming home from school and it not being on. It was during the final arc! They pulled the rug out just as the climax was starting! I can understand canceling a so early on, but why would you do it with only a few episodes left right at the climax? Hell I’m still pissed. A Boa Que and the bazooka headshot and the Gundam melting would have blown my mind as a child. It just doesn’t hit the same watching years later on your laptop.

trust me, I agree, that was the real tragedy that day.

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
did you guys see that one episode where Luffy punches?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Not surprising, Funimation was notoriously terrible with their digital codes and you had a 50/50 chance of the site saying it was accepted then never adding the media to your account. Support would stall until customers stopped responding.

Crunchyroll just finishing off the other half. I wouldn't want to take custody of whatever broken-rear end system they had for managing it, either.

Knight has issued a correction as of 05:47 on Feb 8, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

galagazombie posted:

If you've got a real tv you could be streaming to it from your laptop with a google chrome or a fire stick. My dad gave me a chrome stick he thought didn't work anymore and all i had to do was factory reset it. I use it all the time now.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you've got a real tv you could be streaming to it from your laptop with a google chrome or a fire stick. My dad gave me a chrome stick he thought didn't work anymore and all i had to do was factory reset it. I use it all the time now.

You can't replace a lost childhood with consumer electronics. I've tried

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

toonami made all the millennials trans by hooking them with gundams so they could be indoctrinated by sailor moon

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Bro Dad posted:

toonami made all the millennials trans by hooking them with gundams so they could be indoctrinated by sailor moon

gently caress, I guess I like Gundam now

Anyway,

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
hell, :same:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Gaylor Moon posted:

did you guys see that one episode where Luffy punches?

are you being sarcastic or are you actually talking about that one episode where Luffy very famously punches?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Reading through Dressrosa at this point and I can't figure out why Doflamingo would have 2 separate slave classes?

If you have someone on your crew who can make people into completely loyal automatons why would you need to bother enslaving the tontattas and having to deal with their liberation front?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

having trouble finding a new horror thing. most of the others are either pointlessly gross or unimaginative. I'm sad to say I may have knocked out all the truly fun ones. time to find a new genre to run a dragnet on

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Buck Wildman posted:

having trouble finding a new horror thing. most of the others are either pointlessly gross or unimaginative. I'm sad to say I may have knocked out all the truly fun ones. time to find a new genre to run a dragnet on

Watch Pantheon (2022)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

no

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Buck Wildman posted:

Gender swap isekais.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retromancer posted:

Reading through Dressrosa at this point and I can't figure out why Doflamingo would have 2 separate slave classes?

If you have someone on your crew who can make people into completely loyal automatons why would you need to bother enslaving the tontattas and having to deal with their liberation front?

I don’t know if telling you why he does is a spoiler or not.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Gender swap isekais.

on second thought, back to the models

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks to whoever mentioned the limited theater run of Paprika earlier. I went to a showing last night, never seen it before and it was great. Incredible animation, creative dream hopping and surreal blending of the waking and dreaming worlds. Fantastic stuff.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Buck Wildman posted:

have you tried 6000 the deep sea of madness, it's not great but the setting is cool

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I’m kind of jealous your first viewing of paprika was in a theater.

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

Gripweed posted:

are you being sarcastic or are you actually talking about that one episode where Luffy very famously punches?

I was being sarcastic, but if you're talking about when he knocks tf out of the tenryuubito, still one of the most iconic scenes that gets your blood pumping.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

have you tried 6000 the deep sea of madness, it's not great but the setting is cool

I will look!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

Car anime

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

Thanks to whoever mentioned the limited theater run of Paprika earlier. I went to a showing last night, never seen it before and it was great. Incredible animation, creative dream hopping and surreal blending of the waking and dreaming worlds. Fantastic stuff.

I'd like to thank whoever brought it up too, there's a theater in Bellevue, WA that's practically empty tonight and playing it. Never thought I'd get to see it in a theater

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wangan Midnight is about how having a cool car is suffering

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

yeah sports anime is some serious fun because they're so drat intense about it that's a good idea

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaylor Moon posted:

I was being sarcastic, but if you're talking about when he knocks tf out of the tenryuubito, still one of the most iconic scenes that gets your blood pumping.

Yeah the episode where Luffy punches. Extremely good.

The episode where Zoro is stoic is also excellent.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Takeshi’s Castle came back after 34 years to do a new season of games, and it’s as close to a sports anime in real life as possible.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I’m kind of jealous your first viewing of paprika was in a theater.

My first viewing was watching it dubbed without captions with my friends even though we normally watch everything with subs. I didn't really know what was happening or what anyone's name was besides Paprika because even when I watch English-language media, I need captions or I don't catch 90% of what people are saying.

Glad I could see it in the theater, too, in order to expunge this sin against sakuga from my soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Update on marriage Toxin is that there's a the with a pet shark named Chompski