Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you die while using the zoom in button it actually resets your standard FOV to that value, and this works recursively.

As you play you will probably accumulate a steadily narrowing FOV if you don't periodically unfuck it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
That explains a lot.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

If you die while using the zoom in button it actually resets your standard FOV to that value, and this works recursively.

As you play you will probably accumulate a steadily narrowing FOV if you don't periodically unfuck it.

No way lol

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It also isn't necessarily only on death, sometimes it just sticks. Easily fixable, just go into Settings and you'll immediately clock your FOV slider being at some hosed up number.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah I had this problem all the time, certain actions while zoomed would cause the zoom to stick. Drove me crazy.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Christ I was wondering why I had to keep adjusting my FOV

I die a lot doing stupid things

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/1hlq3Yw.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/vtnLkYM.mp4

Proximity trigger RPG7 warheads are neat.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ohhh I was wondering what happened there. I should be a crazed bomber next run, I really liked the few IEDs I used last time.

_____!
May 2, 2004

Useless ignorable trip report:

-Build 1953: works but the fixes don't work correctly and I had no idea what my objective was. Also some key binds didn't work. I installed RTX remix and now it doesn't load at all.

-S.O.C. vanilla (well with basic graphical mods): worked fine until Agropram when it decided my 4090 wasn't up to the task and didn't support pixel shader 1.1. Also Reshade refused to work with it.

-Anomaly/GAMMA: installing now:getin:
I'm assuming I've gotten the basics down enough that I'll be fine...At the very least I look forward to repeatedly getting shot to death/succumbing to radiation poisoning/getting meat grinded.

Edit: settings = :stonk: this gonna take some tweaking

_____! fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 11, 2024

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
LOL, playing my Monolith character and I don’t know what I did specifically to Clear Sky that I haven’t done to everyone else to make them mad but they immediately aggro no matter what disguise I am wearing.

There are always a few of them chilling in the Duty base that I have to gun down, anytime I want to go down to 100 rads bar I have to get close to them, undisguise, kill them as monolith, then run away and re-disguise. Then I can safely get into the bar.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I found this out recently after running thru the Brain Scorcher at like 40 FOV.
I knew something was off when it felt like I was moving way too slow but I figured it was just from all the ammo + loot I was carrying putting me almost at my weight limit.

Oh also if you are using the "free zoom" (mouse 4 by default IIRC) it will cause this issue too

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/4ABE8sV.mp4

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Business bad enough that Sid's been forced to rent out space?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Lmao at the fridge in front of Sids window

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The workbench might be too far out, and an emission could kill you while you're toiling away, otherwise very cozy! Nice real estate find

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arrath posted:

Lmao at the fridge in front of Sids window

Person on the GAMMA discord said the fridge will serve me better than Sid ever will with a REAL reaction emote doing numbers.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Early days for the game but the STALKER-as-roguelike vibe is strong. The streamer even says this is what he expects to see more of given the runaway success of GAMMA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nOeJii0s90

manero
Jan 30, 2006

v1ld posted:

Early days for the game but the STALKER-as-roguelike vibe is strong. The streamer even says this is what he expects to see more of given the runaway success of GAMMA.

Looks sweet... there's a demo on Steam, I'll have to check it out this weekend.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's also Chernobylite, where you go into daily runs into the zone then come back to our bunker and spend the evening using what you brought back to prepare for the next outing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'll mention Zero Sievert too, though thats a top-down roguelite.

I am hopeful we seem some good attempts at making a Stalker-like or "Single Player Tarkov" game. I love being a ratty scavenger. :v:

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Forgot how easy anomaly is on Easy/Tourist settings, like hilariously easy. drat.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

v1ld posted:

This is pretty bad. The procgen is nuts, very mc escher levels. Loot is non existent (not "light so you have to scavenge", more "I've not seen a gun other than the starting pistol in 12 runs"), and it runs like poo poo. For some reason, I can barely get it to clear 25 fps

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This is pretty bad. The procgen is nuts, very mc escher levels. Loot is non existent (not "light so you have to scavenge", more "I've not seen a gun other than the starting pistol in 12 runs"), and it runs like poo poo. For some reason, I can barely get it to clear 25 fps

Agreed - I finally dove into it and it's REALLY rough. I've got it on my wishlist but it's got a good year of work they need to do.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

yeah. definitely has promise but this game is going to need a lot of time in the oven.
to be fair to the devs this is only supposed to be a quick proof-of-concept demo.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Not sure if the OP is up to date, so what would I want to get for the most "enhanced" version of a vanilla SOC playthrough? Basically nothing that changes the game too much, jusy makes it prettier, run better, maybe some quality of life stuff, etc.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The D in Detroit posted:

Not sure if the OP is up to date, so what would I want to get for the most "enhanced" version of a vanilla SOC playthrough? Basically nothing that changes the game too much, jusy makes it prettier, run better, maybe some quality of life stuff, etc.

The OP is still correct in that ZCP is your best bet for something that hews close to vanilla for SOC.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm playing Gamma as Clear Sky, i've just taken out the brain scorcher.

Is that the end of that particular questline? I can't see a follow up nor can i remember what it was supposed to do. I've already been to Zaton and Jupiter so it feels like i just spent a shitton of resources for almost no reason.

Also, the Hip questline, I went with the freedom option rather than taking her to the Barkeep, what happens if you take her there instead?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This showed on my feed and got me giggling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryjOETx-1p0

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
I stumbled into two Full Empty artifacts in the bitumen anomaly today, bringing me up to 3 total. It’s pretty much impossible to die now with these equipped.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Are you playing something other than Gamma? You can stack identical artifacts in gamma.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Playing vanilla anomaly… do they not stack in vanilla? Sure feels like it does. With a full exo you basically shrug off everything that isn’t a chimera mauling

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I assume to get exo in gamma i actually need to get it off someone right? I've found a book but not crafted that actual exo kit yet.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes it's an armour set like any other. You need an exo kit to work on it and it also can use a power pack to make it more efficient to run and will need military batteries to recharge.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nice, after bitching about one not dropping in 50 hours or whatever i found one randomly in a stash that's up to 100%. Ecologist one, but i'll take it.

My next step is to try and figure out how to get the mod so i can look at companions true inventory to work because hip has like, 50 guns. I did notice that she's finally killed enough things to become a trainee, though!

Edit: This exosuit is not the upgrade I was thinking it'd be, looking at the stat's I need some serious artifact work to get it as good in a straight fight as the heavy suit.

Its cool tho

dogstile fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 5, 2024

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

dogstile posted:

Nice, after bitching about one not dropping in 50 hours or whatever i found one randomly in a stash that's up to 100%. Ecologist one, but i'll take it.

My next step is to try and figure out how to get the mod so i can look at companions true inventory to work because hip has like, 50 guns. I did notice that she's finally killed enough things to become a trainee, though!

Edit: This exosuit is not the upgrade I was thinking it'd be, looking at the stat's I need some serious artifact work to get it as good in a straight fight as the heavy suit.

Its cool tho

The exoskeletons are basically all in on carry weight. Nosorogs (and to a lesser extent Exosuits) are the up-armored versions.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Kins posted:

Looks like the """"joys"""" of spelunking through The Zone are finally coming to consoles - Japanese retailers have put up pre-order pages for the PS4 version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy. No word on any enhancements or changes, but it'll probably be officially announced in the Xbox livestream event later today.

Buckle your pants and watch out for hilarious bugs on consoles

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

moller posted:

The exoskeletons are basically all in on carry weight. Nosorogs (and to a lesser extent Exosuits) are the up-armored versions.

Yeah, i dumped it to go back to my regular kit for the final strelok quests (at least i think so).

Spent about an hour trying to figure out how to jump the ladder on the sarcophagus. Actually accidentally went to the wish granter first. I found it, said nothing because i remember the original game and now i'm just about to finish off the final set of rooms. I am so hosed for ammo, i brought like 500 rounds and its almost all gone.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1765455741119308002

Hold on, Clear Sky on console? How's that going to work?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Probably about as well as clear sky on PC, which is not well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Boy there really is nothing else like realising you're out of ammo and having to finish off the rest of the monolith soldiers using nothing but an axe and their tendency to reload for 5 years after shooting at your teammates.

That's the main quest done. There's now a new line? How big is this mod, goddamn. I'm gonna have to throw the dev's some money, i've gotten more hours out of this than most games i've bought in the last year.