Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

I think they already kinda do. There are quite a lot of bad reviews.

It'll survive it though, since apparently the game is fun so they just need to fix some things

Payday 3 had a disaster launch but it still had a playerbase initially. The main difference being that they could not unfuck their game for like a week, and then once it was unfucked, there were bigger problems with the design to fix.

Helldivers 2 is in a much better position than they were so I think the launch reviews will smooth out. The game seems fun right now, so if they can just get the matchmaking and common crashes out, that'll go a long way I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

I think they already kinda do. There are quite a lot of bad reviews.

It'll survive it though, since apparently the game is fun so they just need to fix some things

I bought it, since I'm an idiot. Downloading now

Yeah really loving weird choice. And seems to be the cause of a lot of the technical issues people are having. Seems like the kind of game that really should launch with Easy Anti Cheat, some business idiot decided they wanted to save money most likely.

This happens a lot with anticipated games where if it's got a day 1 bug that effects a lot of people it gets a mini review bomb and then when they fix it with a patch hours or a few days later it usually swings back positive.

Like if you look the negative Steam reviews it's mostly people talking about not being able to connect or the game crashes. And then there is the all anti-cheat is bad crowd.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

free hubcaps posted:

The way recoilless rifles work (and have very little recoil) is that the back end is open and ejects the propellant out directly behind it, counteracting the recoil somewhat. A lot ofbthings people think of as rocket launchers are actually RRs
huh, TIL

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cannot for the life of me figure out what this mission means by destroy fuel silo. I did the ammo dumps just fine, but nothing I seem to do makes a scratch on these silos (I assume they are the right things).

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

huh, TIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JNoYBGpspo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIO9Si2babs

I'm only familiar with the Carl G thanks to Battlefield Bad Company

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Revitalized posted:

it could be described as a BP but it's a bit more free form than the traditional thing. I think as you earn unlock points or whatever they call them in this game, you pick and choose your rewards. As you unlock more, the next tier becomes available for you to unlock. There is a premium system too but I think it's detached from the free one, and it's basically how they're doing DLC now.

Unlike a traditional BP, I don't see any time limit, I think it's just their DLC pack and you have to unlock things as you earn research points.

They said in a steam article battle passes hang around forever. The free one has many more tiers and much more stuff than the paid one, and I think all the future ones will be paid? I've got access to both but I'll be buying stuff from the free one for now. A few games last night got me a whole new inventory and 200 cash shop money, plus 30 more from exploring

The game feels just like the previous one. I had some doubts but it's great. Me and my team are running around with no idea what to do and dying a lot

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Going through the tutorial my reaction to the character movement was that it definitely feels lethargic, so hopefully they get the vehicles and mechs in soon. After fixing matchmaking and crashes of course.

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

echoing that the game is good. just joined a random group of 3 and we busted through a few missions. Great fun, guns are cool, changing the ROF on the machine guns is very fun and changes up how the feel a bunch.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fatelvis posted:

echoing that the game is good. just joined a random group of 3 and we busted through a few missions. Great fun, guns are cool, changing the ROF on the machine guns is very fun and changes up how the feel a bunch.
did you find voice comms or anything like that to be necessary?

related, does the game have any kind of ping system a la apex legends?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Rhombutts/recommended/553850/

This guy's right

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
okay now that matchmaking is fixed I will deliver verdict:

game good.

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

voice comms arent really necessary so far - and yeah there is a solid ping system. ping at a big bad, and it will be highlighted for everyone, ping near an objective it will tell everyone about the objective etc. seems good

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

voice is absolutely not necessary

the map is very interactive and useful too

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Voice will probably be necessary at high difficulties, but right now I'm getting into games on easy within seconds and it's going great without touching voice chat.

Game is very fun, I'm enjoying immensely.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Voice is mostly important for warning your teammate too late that there's a Heavy bug sneaking up behind them to one-shot their rear end.

It's also hilarious to me that 80% of the playerbase have already unlocked the achievement for being blown sky high by an explosion.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 8, 2024

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fatelvis posted:

voice comms arent really necessary so far - and yeah there is a solid ping system. ping at a big bad, and it will be highlighted for everyone, ping near an objective it will tell everyone about the objective etc. seems good
thanks - guess that's my last reservation nipped in the bud so I'll buy in after work. looking forward to getting shot in the head for wandering into lines of fire :patriot:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

shame about the nprotect guard or whatever though, rootkit DRM can take a fuckin' hike

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Played some last night before bed. It was good and I got to dream about Democracy.

Looking forward to my weekend.

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

thanks - guess that's my last reservation nipped in the bud so I'll buy in after work. looking forward to getting shot in the head for wandering into lines of fire :patriot:

This is the only game where friendly fire is friendly.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Looks like people are having a ton of fun with this one.

https://youtu.be/rubzKbEnpI0

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I watched Cohh play on Twitch long enough to get the armor, but I don't have a PS5 yet so here's the PSN code:

Edit - taken.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 9, 2024

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug
I'm having a weird issue where if i walk up to a terminal like near the end of the tutorial or the beacon to call in the evac shuttle in a mission, press 'interact' and then WASD to input the series, it just makes me move away from the terminal. I can sorta cheese it by re-pressing interact and the next command in the series, but that's clearly not how its supposed to work. And I straight up cannot use the strategem hero terminal on the ship. I thought maybe it was because I had rebound interact, but I deleted the user settings ini and reverted all the bindings back to default and it's still doing it.

I guess it's too early to find other people complaining about the same thing online but figured I'd post here if anyone is experiencing something similar.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The murder robots feel significantly harder than the bugs. Just playing on medium so far and the difference between the two seems big

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This game is so good. The pick up and play aspect of just being able to drop into a friend's game mid-match remains so seamless and awesome.

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal
Was looking forward to jumping into this, unfortunately the game won't start for me. Refunded for now, hopefully they manage to iron out their current issues soon. Still plan on getting the game once that happens, the actual gameplay looks mad fun.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

poo poo. can you rename the ship, i hit A by mistake :doh:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ciaphas posted:

poo poo. can you rename the ship, i hit A by mistake :doh:

I think so, just check the computers where you buy more strategms

Matt141
May 3, 2012

Did a few automaton missions on challenging difficulty and they straight up feel like you are playing a different game compared to the bugs, less starship troopers more terminator future war. Got to face 2 automaton tanks aswell in a heavy outpost and uhh, those were rough, luckily I and one of the randoms I was playing with, both of us had recoiless rifles to take them out. Honestly I have been enjoying them more than the bugs tbh, especially since you can shoot down the dropships that bring them in as reinforcements.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
When am I allowed to change armour? I've done the tutorial and first mission.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Failed to join game lobby

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

This game is cool but the matchmaking issues on PS5 really suck.

Is it just impossible to launch one of these online games without massive issues? Maybe now that every game has to be an online GAAS we can finally figure it out???

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm on PC and can't join a game at all

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Game's great so far but they desperately need to speed up the end of mission screen good god.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hmm. Turned off crossplay and matchmaking works. Got a crash when I was being revived. Game won't launch from steam unless I try three times...

E: gently caress this is so rough. Contemplating refund

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 9, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao the tutorial is perfect

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah turn off crossplay and the matchmaking is fixed.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Have goons started forming up around a discord group to play multiplayer?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

dogstile posted:

Yeah turn off crossplay and the matchmaking is fixed.

It's not. Still fails. Currently sitting on eternal deployment animation. It's really bad rn on PC.

E: crashed again during mission after reboot

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 9, 2024

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Keep an eye out for supercredit pickups because they may only go to the person who picks them up, unlike every other currency. Which really sucks if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Schnitzler posted:

Was looking forward to jumping into this, unfortunately the game won't start for me. Refunded for now, hopefully they manage to iron out their current issues soon. Still plan on getting the game once that happens, the actual gameplay looks mad fun.

If you're on win 11 and when you launch it, it shows the anti-cheat screen then it goes to a black screen with the game loading and then a moment later it closes, find the helldiver's .exe and in the properties set the compatibility to run as Win 8.