Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah... for the morbidly fat weebs!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Epic! Another whack euroshopper post

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yes. Definitely. People go to school to learn how to write critically. It's not something a lot of people can do and even then, it takes talent to be good at it.

Writing well is drat near the hardest thing to do, in the academic arena.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I wish my school had a class to teach me how to shitpost.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mine did, we called it “band”

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mega64 posted:

i lurked SA during computer class in 2002

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Mega64 posted:

This is what Miiverse was for.

RIP

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

When your plane is going down in a couple hours symbolic please take solace in the fact that my reaction will be "drat, lmfao" similar to my reaction when I called the sex pest guy being a Bloop rereg.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if any of you die in a plane crash I'll be really sad

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Doing Peppy's 'Nooooo' from 64 upon hearing of the airplane death of a fellow goon

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
me when the plane is going down:

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I long for the days you were all the cute gamers of the Wii U thread.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
This thread and PYF sagas are completely indistinguishable at all times

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

if any of you die in a plane crash I'll be really sad

I won't. :twisted:

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Soul Dentist posted:

sorry

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I also feel unsafe...... at the lack of credible Switch 2 leaks and rumors

cryin john over on dig-poo poo-shill floundry say it's gonna be a CRT screen

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Soul Dentist posted:

a net positive

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

cryin john over on dig-poo poo-shill floundry say it's gonna be a CRT screen

He’s spent the last 86 hours playing Suicide Squad while posting poo poo like “it’s actually kinda fun, the character models are really impressive and the antialiasing tech is really impressive” lmfao. Nuke Europe from orbit with fire good sir.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You guys were right, Tropical Freeze is a delightful game. Buy it while it's on sale!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

He’s spent the last 86 hours playing Suicide Squad while posting poo poo like “it’s actually kinda fun, the character models are really impressive and the antialiasing tech is really impressive” lmfao. Nuke Europe from orbit with fire good sir.

it simply has to be done

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
im playing disgaea 7 its so over for me

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
My red joycon broke and i'd like to replace my joycons but I don't know which brands are any good. I would buy the hori split pad but I want gyro controls. I mostly play docked but want something comfortable for playing handheld. I want to be able to put it into and take it out of the dock without removing the controllers, the way I can with joycons, And I want gyro controls. I don't care about using them detached, I have enough controllers, so it only needs to work for handheld mode, have gyro controls, not prevent the switch from docking, and not be a cheap piece of crap. Does anything like this exist?

I guess something like this works
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLTZHVVT/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwy
But I don't really want to have to plug and unplug everything to switch between docked and handheld olay

And this seems to fit all of my criteria but I have no experience with this brand, are they any good?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBX4ZXR6/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwyp13NParams&th=1

These ones also look good, but again I have no experience with the brand
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5S2ZC9D/ref=sspa_mw_detail_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams&th=1

I think these ones look the best but once again I have no idea which brands actually make high quality products
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG17W63T/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwy

Blackula Vs. Tarantula fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 9, 2024

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Do any of y'all play Dragon's Dogma?

I'm looking for Goon pawns to hire

E: this might be helpful 0163-2935-4904

The Zombie Guy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 9, 2024

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Virtua racing grand prix and I run out of time right in front of the line

why did I bump the car on lap 13 that doomed me

I hope those model 3 rumors are true

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

The Zombie Guy posted:

Do any of y'all play Dragon's Dogma?

I'm looking for Goon pawns to hire

i made one based on my partner! he's a mage. hopefully i didn't gently caress up his behaviour somehow!

944D-622F-62BC

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i wish pawns were cross platform :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

mdemone posted:

You guys were right, Tropical Freeze is a delightful game. Buy it while it's on sale!

It's the best 2D platformer on the Switch

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

My red joycon broke and i'd like to replace my joycons but I don't know which brands are any good. I would buy the hori split pad but I want gyro controls. I mostly play docked but want something comfortable for playing handheld. I want to be able to put it into and take it out of the dock without removing the controllers, the way I can with joycons, And I want gyro controls. I don't care about using them detached, I have enough controllers, so it only needs to work for handheld mode, have gyro controls, not prevent the switch from docking, and not be a cheap piece of crap. Does anything like this exist?

I guess something like this works
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLTZHVVT/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwy
But I don't really want to have to plug and unplug everything to switch between docked and handheld olay

And this seems to fit all of my criteria but I have no experience with this brand, are they any good?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBX4ZXR6/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwyp13NParams&th=1

These ones also look good, but again I have no experience with the brand
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5S2ZC9D/ref=sspa_mw_detail_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams&th=1

I think these ones look the best but once again I have no idea which brands actually make high quality products
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG17W63T/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwy
It’s fairly simple to replace the stick if that’s what went wrong. Nintendo will do it for free.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

otter posted:

It’s fairly simple to replace the stick if that’s what went wrong. Nintendo will do it for free.

A toddler knocked my switch out of the dock and it landed on the joycon, which already had a small crack from a similar earlier incident, it still functions it's just exploded. I had been planning on buying more ergonomic joycons anyway because my hands fall asleep if I play in handheld mode too long, so now im doing it. I've already had them replaced due to drift once so I'm looking for alternatives. In ages past I would read reviews but at this point I see those as completely meaningless, maybe they always were and I was just naive. The FUNLAB ones are the highest rated and look solid, so if no one has any input I think I will buy those.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GoutPatrol posted:

Virtua racing grand prix and I run out of time right in front of the line

why did I bump the car on lap 13 that doomed me

I hope those model 3 rumors are true

For the life of me I don't understand why Virtua Racing Deluxe wasn't the game that the SEGA AGES version of Virtua Racing was based off of. It was everything the Genesis/MD version was but more, and was stuck on the 32X. Like most games on that console, NO ONE PLAYED IT ON 32X.

Like :wtc:

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Because we were too busy playing either Knuckles' Chaotix or Tempo?

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
chaotix is a good game but no one was playing it op

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

euroshopper posted:

chaotix is a good game

absolutely not

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
About 10 hours into BoTW I was utterly loving lost north of Hatteno Lab, and that's when I realized it was my favorite game ever.

For some reason I wanted to head straight north from the Lab and try to force the cold mountain, but I obviously had to turn west due to lovely clothes and a lack of potions/food. None of my map north was filled in and I had no idea where anything was.

Finding my way along the sea coast, through the island chain full of flying Guardians and rope bridges, and eventually back inland to Akkala, is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

ToTK doesn't have quite the same sense of discovery, but the engineering fuckery and open-ended solutions to everything more than make up for it. ToTK has a different kind of discovery, because you're in a different stage of development. In BoTW you are the pre-industrial explorer, in ToTK you are the titan of industry.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Nintendo can eat a fat dick with their Switch controller button remapping feature. It's bad enough that the system nags you every time you turn on the system asking if you want to switch back to the defaults, but I just discovered today that they intentionally crippled the feature in that it doesn't support 3rd party controllers.

I'm glad they brought the feature to the system at all because I need B and A swapped to be able to play pretty much any game, but they added such unnecessary hostility.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Accipiter posted:

Nintendo can eat a fat dick with their Switch controller button remapping feature. It's bad enough that the system nags you every time you turn on the system asking if you want to switch back to the defaults, but I just discovered today that they intentionally crippled the feature in that it doesn't support 3rd party controllers.

I'm glad they brought the feature to the system at all because I need B and A swapped to be able to play pretty much any game, but they added such unnecessary hostility.

lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Literally shaking as the Switch asks me if I want to still be using the intentionally crippled button swap feature

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

man nurse posted:

Literally shaking as the Switch asks me if I want to still be using the intentionally crippled button swap feature

Man you are just a colossal rear end in a top hat

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

drrockso20 posted:

Man you are just a colossal rear end in a top hat

that's every regular poster in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo