Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They're having "Waymo" accidents than even I expected!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Man, more cities need to do this. Letting people figure out how to work that bike rack on the front of buses when not under the collective stares of the entire vehicle would be great.

https://mastodon.online/@mwichary/111835337070357578

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Man, more cities need to do this. Letting people figure out how to work that bike rack on the front of buses when not under the collective stares of the entire vehicle would be great.

This is such a good idea.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

I think Denver Union Station has one of these in their underground bus concourse

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkQQGsOegv0&t=148s

Smythe has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Feb 8, 2024

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

Cars are actually building seeking missiles

I live in Louisville and there's a bar here that for some inexplicable reason over the last few years had had vehicles plow into its front entrance multiple times. It's in a fairly quiet residential neighborhood and the intersection it's on isn't that busy, somehow it just attracts lovely drivers. Regulars don't sit by the front any more, but no one has gotten hurt, luckily.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Bringing back my favorite building that cars love

Here they are boarding up a hole around the truck that made the hole

Here's a rolled truck with the previous boarded up hole in the background

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
All cars must be destroyed.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Dog Case posted:

Bringing back my favorite building that cars love

we have one of those here in DC too

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/car-crashes-into-gelato-store-for-second-time/2013095/

quote:

"I was shocked," said Dolcezza co-owner Alex Gable. "It's just one of those things where you wonder how this could happen twice."

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Nitrousoxide posted:

the first time I tried to get my bike on one of those things was probably in the top five most traumatizing social experiences of my life

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ok but if you look at the street view

the building was along the edge of the road, possibly obscured behind a truck. then if truck started to drive through the building was still there. the driver saw the truck start to move and took its turn, planning its move so that it would pass behind the rear of the truck. as the truck accelerated, it moved past the building which was still along the road. the driver spotted the building at this point and braked hard but it was moving too fast and it hit the building.

drivers do the exact same thing all the time. it's a dangerous situation for buildings and you have to be extremely careful not to get into it. countless times on my drives there are places where i know the building is invisible to drivers. you just have to be cautious.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why cant they just have 2 dangerous prongs sticking out and however you get the bike to stay is cool?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

cat botherer posted:

the first time I tried to get my bike on one of those things was probably in the top five most traumatizing social experiences of my life

the first time I used one of those I thought I was being a Cool Helpful Person by using the position closest to the bus so as to allow the next person. the ability to load their bike without having to crawl around mine first.

then the driver honked at me and yelled at me to put it in the furthest-out position because it makes it easier for them to know how long their bus is with the rack out.

gently caress ME OKAY

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Trabisnikof posted:

the building was along the edge of the road, possibly obscured behind a truck. then if truck started to drive through the building was still there. the driver saw the truck start to move and took its turn, planning its move so that it would pass behind the rear of the truck. as the truck accelerated, it moved past the building which was still along the road. the driver spotted the building at this point and braked hard but it was moving too fast and it hit the building.

drivers do the exact same thing all the time. it's a dangerous situation for buildings and you have to be extremely careful not to get into it. countless times on my drives there are places where i know the building is invisible to drivers. you just have to be cautious.

:discourse:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
fedex driver almost murdered my kid today

mystes
May 31, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

fedex driver almost murdered my kid today
not lol :(

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The pep boys right behind it also makes it even funnier.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i like how they are trying to stop you from taking a picture

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
That wall is such an impediment to drivers and should be removed imo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A tragic outcome for this creature, blocked from its spawning grounds by a concrete barrier.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

texas plates, checks out

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I love my car I drive it nice and safe and never killed nobody :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think its lame that the picture was taken from within a vehicle as it made me briefly feel like a wretched occupant

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Trabisnikof posted:

lmfao took me a bit

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Honky Mao posted:

I love my car I drive it nice and safe and never killed nobody :)

yet

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I was behind some VW (?) SUV I think, at night, and it had one the most annoying led headlights ever. an entire bar of light connecting the two headlights

Apr 7, 2003

actionjackson posted:

I was behind some VW (?) SUV I think, at night, and it had one the most annoying led headlights ever. an entire bar of light connecting the two headlights

Someone here posted earlier about how drivers just turn their high beams on forever lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Someone here posted earlier about how drivers just turn their high beams on forever lol

yeah cops dont do anything about it and suv/truck owners get a raging boner from blinding people

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

:dogstare:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

actionjackson posted:

how would you know what their headlights looked like if you were behind them??? checkmate walkcel

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/charges-filed-deadly-mccandless-hit-and-run-crash-that-killed-78-year-old-man/3HWIJ53XCJDEJKKK36IH3AZHQ4/

quote:

MCCANDLESS, Pa. — Charges have been filed in the deadly hit-and-run crash that killed Donald Leach, 78, in March 2023.

Leach was crossing McKnight Road at the intersection of Blazier Drive in McCandless when he was struck.

Karl Scott, 36, of Gibsonia is charged with accidents involving death or personal injury, a felony.

According to a criminal complaint, he told police he “believed it was a deer that he struck and continued to proceed home.”

Scott was interviewed in the immediate aftermath of the crash.

It’s unclear why it took 11 months to file charges.

Scott is due in court next week.

As clear a case of vehicular homicide as you can find and it took nearly a year to file charges.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

LonsomeSon posted:

texas plates, checks out

if it's in another state i presume it's a rental.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Believing he hit a deer is a complete lie, if you think you hit a deer you stop and get out and see how hosed up your car is.

He absolutely knew he hit a person a fled, good luck proving that though.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Texas plates

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Hirsute posted:

I live in Louisville and there's a bar here that for some inexplicable reason over the last few years had had vehicles plow into its front entrance multiple times. It's in a fairly quiet residential neighborhood and the intersection it's on isn't that busy, somehow it just attracts lovely drivers. Regulars don't sit by the front any more, but no one has gotten hurt, luckily.

man what the hell. It's hosed up that a lot of buildings need concrete fortifications like a bunker to stop cars from plowing through thrm