Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
This sure looks like a loss for Dallas tonight. Team just doesn't seem to have any sort of connection to each other tonight. Struggling with basic foundation level stuff out there.

That being said nobody scams as many wins as the Stars so there's always hope..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Sounds very 2nd year Pete DeBoer

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I have zero confidence in the Leafs closing this game out, they’re outplaying the stars since the halfway point but nobody gives away points like this team

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Sounds very 2nd year Pete DeBoer

I'm open minded to Pete DeBoer related explanations but I still think that the primary issue is that 5 of the 7 defensemen who are signed to play with the Stars would genuinely struggle to keep up with the pace of play in the AHL.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jesus Christ, Gio

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Well it's a good thing Evgenii Dadonov is out there tonight or this team would be FINISHED

they still may well be finished lol.. *9 minutes is a long time

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Just take the old bastard out back after the game

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Ah gently caress that was fast

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nice move mitchy :siren:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Guuuuuuuh I hate the Stars but I love penalty shots

At least the Leafs scored immediately afterwards :getin:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ok I wish I went to the gym tonight

Stars lead in the central lasted 1 night lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lmao

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

:woop:

SUCK IT STARS

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

drat, this Toronto Dallas game changed on its head considerably over the past three minutes.

That was the first time in about four months I’ve seen Tavares play.. what’s the word… good? Skilled? Appropriate? I don’t know, none of these things describe John Tavares this year.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I assumed the all star break would be good for JT, he was pretty clearly gassed from the packed new year schedule

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars bad so what

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Samsonov status: still terrible

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

This poo poo turned into a real game!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

That was dumb as poo poo by Nylander. Two more strides and he wouldn't have iced it and the Stars probably wouldn't have scored

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Stars bad so what

:hmmyes:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Leafs determined to make it interesting

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

...! posted:

That was dumb as poo poo by Nylander. Two more strides and he wouldn't have iced it and the Stars probably wouldn't have scored

He was getting closed off, don’t listen to the broadcast. If he gets cut off and the puck gets turned over at center that’s worse, and the goal was straight in from the top of the circle which should just never go

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs win :toot:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Gj Leafs

Koopa Kid posted:

He was getting closed off, don’t listen to the broadcast. If he gets cut off and the puck gets turned over at center that’s worse, and the goal was straight in from the top of the circle which should just never go

Nah, he had the time

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

i don’t really know anything about the Stars because i’ve only been watching hockey for a month and a half but i get douchebag vibes off them so i’m glad they lost :colbert:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

...! posted:

Gj Leafs

Nah, he had the time

I mean, he was on the ice and he didn’t seem to think so! Granted he could have not shot at all and gone for a soft chip but then the Stars still circle back against the same group. It bugs me that Samsonov lets in a muffin and the booth immediately goes “well a skater didn’t play perfectly the play before” instead of “that goal was terrible”

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

HOLY gently caress posted:

i don’t really know anything about the Stars because i’ve only been watching hockey for a month and a half but i get douchebag vibes off them so i’m glad they lost :colbert:

You’re totally fine basing your assumptions of a team off the vibe you get of the city. It’s the same fans, the same culture. Columbus will be sleepy. New York is full of elitists. Boston and Philly are full of assholes. LA is full of people that don’t care about hockey. Tampa is surprisingly not full of retirees but instead the most insane people you’ve never thought about and would like to never meet in an alley. Jersey is full of corruption. Montreal wants to pretend they’re the most important city in Canada but are of course constantly proven wrong. Toronto wants to pretend it’s the most important city in North America but are of course constantly proven wrong.

Just base everything off of the city and you’ll hit the nail on the head 85% of the time.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

That's mostly just Ryan Suter's face, but that's okay too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feel free to hate Ryan Suter to your heart's content

Other than him, Jamie Benn is going to try and get under your skin. Beyond that...obviously I'm biased but I just don't see much to hate in Dallas. And if you just hate Dallas...well, I've wasted my breath. Edit: or...finger...energy...?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Feel free to hate Ryan Suter to your heart's content

Other than him, Jamie Benn is going to try and get under your skin. Beyond that...obviously I'm biased but I just don't see much to hate in Dallas. And if you just hate Dallas...well, I've wasted my breath. Edit: or...finger...energy...?

I'm convinced that the Stars did some behind the scenes fuckery in order to sign Alexander Radulov and I'll always think they're assholes for that

Plus I've been to enough Preds games over the years to interact with visiting fans of most of the other teams. Stars fans have always been the most obnoxious by far

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The second most obnoxious visiting fans are Blue Jackets fans. I've always found that weird, but it's true

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

...! posted:

The second most obnoxious visiting fans are Blue Jackets fans. I've always found that weird, but it's true

Probably just proximity mixed with the age of the franchise. It’s farther to come to Detroit (I’d assume), but they never say poo poo up here.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Probably just proximity mixed with the age of the franchise. It’s farther to come to Detroit (I’d assume), but they never say poo poo up here.

lol waaaaaaaaay back when the Red Wings were our big rivals, I was getting food from one of the concession stands during the first intermission. This guy came wandering by with his three year old girl on his shoulders. She was yelling "RED WINGS SUCK! RED WINGS SUCK!" over and over at the top of her lungs

Everyone was high fiving her and telling her dad, "you're raising her right!" It was adorable :3:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

...! posted:

Plus I've been to enough Preds games over the years to interact with visiting fans of most of the other teams. Stars fans have always been the most obnoxious by far

I legitimately wonder if they're not really visiting so much as they just live in your area. If anything, I feel local Stars fans are way too boring and complacent here. That poo poo where they threw stuff onto the ice last playoffs wasn't good, obviously, but I was fuckin floored it even happened. The fanbase has never seemed the type to me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
OH! Just remembered. If you're watching a game that's played in Dallas and you see a dude on the glass with a giant "BANG!" sign, you can't hate him hard enough. I fuckin hate him. Trying to turn "has the money for floor seats regularly" into some sort of pseudo sports celebrity and that can go straight into the garbage imo. He used to actually bang on the glass until he almost got banned from the stadium, so now he just holds up this wimpy sign.

God I hate him

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
I hate the "make myself part of the show" people in general. The bang guy in Dallas, sparklefuck in Carolina.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Sparklefuck is notorious for being a total rear end in a top hat too. I've heard so many stories about that guy cursing at children, yelling at people for going down to the glass for warm ups, and being a belligerent drunk.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

FunOne posted:

I hate the "make myself part of the show" people in general. The bang guy in Dallas, sparklefuck in Carolina.

There's a guy in Seattle who dresses up as Zoidberg for every game. Does not seem to be an rear end in a top hat at least.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Vancouver had the green men, are they still around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving Boston I hate you

And Marchand