Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Buncha fed marks left over at Giantbomb. They did a powerbombcast yesterday and it was mostly them saying how heinous the Vince stuff is but "He's definitely gone for good now" and then talked about how lame the rumble was but how great and hot WWE is, and how boring and bad AEW is while admitting that none of them actually watch AEW anymore. Sounded like a wrestling version of RLM's Nerd Crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vichy Giant Bomb is still bad??????

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave: I don't wanna be one of those guys talking about what wrestling was like when I was growing up. But what wrestling was like when I was growing up...

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

qop is real, and my friend

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Suplex Liberace posted:

im almost positive i see QoP post stuff like good dynamite or that was a cool match most weeks

The only thing I ever see QoP post is "Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway". Weird gimmick.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

The only thing I ever see QoP post is "Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway". Weird gimmick.

Sounds like a technical problem. Have you asked the fine fellows in TECH if they have any idea what's going on?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

1glitch0 posted:

Loser detected!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Dave: I don't wanna be one of those guys talking about what wrestling was like when I was growing up. But what wrestling was like when I was growing up...

I must have seen a million -- and that's an exaggeration, but

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

I must have seen a million -- and that's an exaggeration, but

Haha, yeah as soon as he said it I knew he would correct himself :allears:

This was also another one of those times where Bryan wants to make a point and starts by saying something he disagrees with so he can lay out his thoughts on why it is wrong/what they could do instead, and Dave won't stop interrupting to say why it is wrong and what they could do instead while Bryan pleads with him to just let him finish his sentence and Dave just loving refuses. :)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
the fact those still happen frequently after 20 years together is amazing

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

explosivo posted:

Buncha fed marks left over at Giantbomb. They did a powerbombcast yesterday and it was mostly them saying how heinous the Vince stuff is but "He's definitely gone for good now" and then talked about how lame the rumble was but how great and hot WWE is, and how boring and bad AEW is while admitting that none of them actually watch AEW anymore. Sounded like a wrestling version of RLM's Nerd Crew.
Dan's open pitching for his WWE job in his last year of Giant Beast was insufferable. Whether intentional or not, he made wrestling seem as unappealing as possible by just launching into wikipedia entry monologues every time someone sprung the trap of asking him about a wrestling reference he set up.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

keithy george posted:

Dan's open pitching for his WWE job in his last year of Giant Beast was insufferable. Whether intentional or not, he made wrestling seem as unappealing as possible by just launching into wikipedia entry monologues every time someone sprung the trap of asking him about a wrestling reference he set up.

He sucks plain and simple. Annoying dork who is a walking stereotype of a redditor. I stopped listening bombcast weekly but everyone getting tossed and him apparently heading it up is just a sad nail in the coffin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sex Farm posted:

You hate everything though

wrong and only a complete idiot rereg guy would say this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

qop is real, and my friend

thank you, king

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

talking about who is on your ignore list is cringe also qop is my bro

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

qop is that old flash game about trying to run 100m manually.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

UnleashedDad posted:

He sucks plain and simple. Annoying dork who is a walking stereotype of a redditor. I stopped listening bombcast weekly but everyone getting tossed and him apparently heading it up is just a sad nail in the coffin.

Dan Ryckert is one of the worst dudes on the giant bomb site

I hate when a podcast gets spun off into “what thing is Dan a loving weirdo about today”, and then they hired Mike minotti and he is Dan but fat, and also will have absolutely bizarre things come out like admitting he has never eaten an egg or something, so now there are two of those guys on those podcasts.

(Ben pack holds a place of honor in my heart for being the worst dude on giant bomb to listen to strictly over his nasal voice and his b-to-d speech inflection)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

qop is that old flash game about trying to run 100m manually.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I like Dan but he definitely can grate on the nerves for sure. I haven't listened to Giant Bomb since they canned Voidburger and Jason though. I really am not expecting them to be around too much longer with the recent Fandom poo poo. That being said also, I never really cared for their wrestle opinions unless Jeff or Alex were on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

actual lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lmao

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

hahahaha

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hooray!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I think Dan is amazing but I totally understand why he'd be grating. He's a bizarre specimen that I'm staring at through glass.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I only regularly listen to two wrestling podcasts now, Between The Sheets & Deadlock.

One feels like hanging out with your dumb idiot high-school friends and the other feels like hanging out with your impossibly nerdy cousins who never left the basement. Could go either way really.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked newlegacy back in the day but Deadlock seems painfully unfunny, im genuinely not trying to ruffle any feathers here. [jubs voice] they should bring back the Pisscast

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ideally a big anvil would land on everyone who has ever had a podcast that's just dudes talking about pop culture. Until that happens though Deadlock is very ok and is at "your funny uncle" level of humor.

They book a good promotion though

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Everybody say thank you macho man

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
I like consuming Deadlock purely through the syncs/their Patreon vids, because I need pretty pictures to look at. I give them money but have never listened to the podcast by itself, which is definitely normal

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Everybody say thank you macho man

I love you so much, you beautiful bitch!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

NienNunb posted:

they should bring back the Pisscast

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

NienNunb posted:

they should bring back the Pisscast

BTAMDO

Best t-shirt I ever bought.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

explosivo posted:

No wonder Gerstmann left

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Drakkel posted:

No sidebread for this little dude, Jack.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bombcast died immediately after "hiring" Danny O'Dwyer, then just unceremoniously dropping him from the pod without any explanation. It became unlistenable after Jeff quit.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1755770836097896892

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy wouldn't fit in there...