Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Oenis posted:

Oh man, just common cards? Pauper hearthstone... thats... interesting. Probably will end up just being zoolock stone though.

I have heard that jade rogue is an early contender, much like previous seasons of twist, but I haven't actually played it myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

This reminds me of old hearthstone because draw is terrible so you actually have to get value wherever you can.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Yeah, my initial impression is that you can go a long way just by filtering your collection for minions that give you something on battlecry or deathrattle and putting them all in your deck.

Lotta Warriors out there.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
ugh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
As I wade through my seventh (SEVENTH!) Objection! of the game, I begin to wonder who thought this was a good idea. :v:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

One of my favorite "stupid poo poo" things that's been in the game for far longer than anticipated is how Complete My Deck still gives the same exact garbage for every class if you do it in anything other than Standard.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It even does it in Standard if Renathal is in your deck. Every card it puts in past the 30th will be generic “good on curve” Core set stuff.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think I actually hate Boogie Down more now than I did pre-nerf. It feels like every game I play against Paladin now it’s T3 coin into Boogie Down for three Divine Shield minions in addition to whatever I was slowly trying to deal with beforehand.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Odyn Warrior seems like a good climber right now. Enough removal and heal to turn the corner against Warlocks, enough firepower to beat Plague DK.

Special thanks to the Rogue who froze my face for 5 consecutive turns with Glacial Shard before conceding. Congrats, you wasted everyone's time.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
tried (my own version of) plague dk for once. these were my remaining cards in deck when the game ended

(i won)

update: in four games i have yet to draw Helya, yet my death knight opponents always have her on turn 4. curious.

peer fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 8, 2024

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
further update: i just ran into a dude who straight up coined brann on t5 despite having 3 blood plagues and 2 unholy plagues in his deck. worth it

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

peer posted:

further update: i just ran into a dude who straight up coined brann on t5 despite having 3 blood plagues and 2 unholy plagues in his deck. worth it

Evolved coin+concede, a person of refined taste no doubt.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I don't remember if I have posted this current version? The first deck I ever built years ago when i started was Elemental Shaman. I almost always have one to play. It's finally FINALLY at the point where it's Ranked good. Just so much insane discount and draw and the Bolner chains are amazing? Also 28 Gold/2 Signature lol whoops

### DB Elemental
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 2x (1) Wailing Vapor
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Elementary Reaction
# 2x (2) Fire Plume Harbinger
# 1x (2) Murmuring Elemental
# 2x (2) Shale Spider
# 2x (2) Trusty Companion
# 2x (3) Arid Stormer
# 2x (4) Brass Elemental
# 2x (4) Granite Forgeborn
# 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
# 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker
# 1x (7) Al'Akir, the Winds of Time
# 1x (7) Kalimos, Primal Lord
# 1x (7) Skarr, the Catastrophe
# 1x (7) Therazane
# 1x (8) Al'Akir the Windlord
# 1x (8) Ozruk
# 2x (9) Walking Mountain
#
AAEBAaoICs7CAvPCAqvnAuDqAob6A4CgBObkBcCPBuqhBv2wBgqTwQKz9wLg7APh7AOt7gPA9gPB0AXDjwbqmAbMogYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Alternate list which is just as good but doesn't fit my playstyle swaps Elementary Reaction out and Lilypad Lurker in, and Murmuring Elemental for Shudderwok.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/corbettgames/status/1755749270198895020

Bot purge was super effective lol

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

YESSSSS time to finish my Legend climb.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

on one hand great, 130k fewer bots

on the other hand, holy poo poo there were more than 130,000 hahahahahaha

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Excelzior posted:

on one hand great, 130k fewer bots

on the other hand, holy poo poo there were more than 130,000 hahahahahaha

There were times in Wild where 9/10 games would be vs a bot. It's bad.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
There must have been an absurd number of bot mirrors

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

just another example of dead internet theory

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
What the hell were they playing in Wild anyways? Totem Shaman I'm guessing?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

even shaman, so yeah, basically

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Even in Standard Silver I'm seeing the most preposterous games that I can't deduce it as being anything other than a bot of SOME kind. A rainbow DK with no actual good cards that nearly takes the whole turn every time. Doesn't attack the taunts I slap down. What is this?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Most bots in standard seem to be DKs so you probably aren’t off base at all, I assume they just aren’t strong enough in wild after some of the nerfs to the frost/unholy aggro packages last year

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

standard bot is unholy dk, its trash but it wins 50% of the mirror matches with other bots so it climbs sloooowly. the reason they do dk is it only uses Core cards, so its free to set up

Wild bots were Even Shaman and Pirate Rogues

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Rarran did a video recently where he took a brand new account into Wild and didn't see a real player till he got into Platinum

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
I don't understand the goal of bots. Is there a market to sell hearthstone accounts? You can't trade or sell gold so like... Why are they doing it?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

emocrat posted:

I don't understand the goal of bots. Is there a market to sell hearthstone accounts? You can't trade or sell gold so like... Why are they doing it?

they would bot dozens of accounts simultaneously and then re-sell them (the accounts, loaded with gold) for actual money on 3rd party marketplaces, sometimes after using the gold to reroll and get a godly arena draft

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Julio Cruz posted:

Rarran did a video recently where he took a brand new account into Wild and didn't see a real player till he got into Platinum

Oddly enough, when I did my Wild Legend climb last month it was the opposite for me. No bots at all until mid-Plat, steadily increasing until the final high-Diamond push was well over 90% bots.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

orangelex44 posted:

Oddly enough, when I did my Wild Legend climb last month it was the opposite for me. No bots at all until mid-Plat, steadily increasing until the final high-Diamond push was well over 90% bots.

this is actually normal, the bot's winrate goes down as it faces better opponents until eventually it relies on a lucky streak of 50-50 mirror matches to push into Legend

so after a few days everything from diamond 10 and up was bots hoping to face other bots

Even shaman is a powerful deck to begin with, but their brainless plays often hold it back

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I have played 25 games in Casual Wild today. The results:

1 Even Totem Shaman that was not a bot
1 Mine Rogue Bot
13 assorted Reno decks
10 ??? people just having fun

This is so so much better. I'm sick and don't feel like thinking so I haven't checked Ranked out yet.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

got to gold without a single loss, insane quantity of bots in standard ranked still i guess? at least the promo to gold match was a real player

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Wait, how the gently caress does Helya’s reshuffle actually work, ignoring the graphic? Because I just got 7 Blood Plagues in a row with only 2 or 3 in the deck.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Shockeh posted:

Wait, how the gently caress does Helya’s reshuffle actually work, ignoring the graphic? Because I just got 7 Blood Plagues in a row with only 2 or 3 in the deck.

I think when you draw a Plague it goes right back into your deck.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Strawberry Panda posted:

I think when you draw a Plague it goes right back into your deck.

Yeah, it inserts a new copy then shuffles your remaining deck.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the question would be whether the subsequent card draw as a result of "casts when drawn" would trigger before or after helya's reshuffle effect, but if two or three were in deck and seven were drawn, presumably helya's effect happens before. haven't seen data either way, but if that's what happened, then it must be like that

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The draw from the plagues themselves happens before the shuffle but if you play like a card that makes you draw 3 then I think it shuffles in between each of those draws

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Some real fun is watching the stupid bots run the rope because you played Reno and they are struggling to play a second minion.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

just enough time to have a quiet chuckle as you report them for Botting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24056181