Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Feel legitimately bad for Seth. How humiliating

I feel bad for the countless victims that have suffered at the hands of this company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Count Thrashula posted:

I haven't watched anything but I've been following the whole thing tangentially and I still don't understand why Cody gave up the title shot OR why Rocky gave it back lol

Dumb fuckin storyline

I've sadly watched this all unfold and I understand nothing about this angle.

Between WWE holding a press conference that left everyone baffled about the main event of Mania and Joe Biden having a disastrous presser trying to refute that he's senile this has been a terrible, albeit hilarious, day for the art of communication.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Billy Gunn as 1999 KOTR" rear end booking

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Count Thrashula posted:

I haven't watched anything but I've been following the whole thing tangentially and I still don't understand why Cody gave up the title shot OR why Rocky gave it back lol

Dumb fuckin storyline

To shift attention from the sex crimes.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cody never gave anything up, rock came in to beat up Roman at elimination chamber, all of this was intentional, we have always been at war with Oceania

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

This company is rotten to the loving core and y’all are honestly disgusting for continuing a conversation about whatever bullshit that isn’t about the very real abuse that has happened.

I hope you all feel terrible

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

yea ok posted:

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lol rocky

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Wrong thread

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

there's only so much that can be said before we're all just repeating back "vince mcmahon is a monster" to each other over and over

it's not like anyone here is talking about how cool and good the fed is

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Embarrassing and nonsensical, and I’m not talking about my bar trivia tonight. Who watches this bullshit

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

All the same I lost the key to the case I keep my smallest violin in so I won't be able to play any sad songs for WWE company men getting embarrassed.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Next Cody promo "what do y'all wanna talk about"

The rape and sex trafficking Cody.

gently caress this company.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey, did yall hear about this? This story comin out of the double e???

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Hey, did yall hear about this? This story comin out of the double e???

Read that Cody getting main event back you hearing this? I guess all Rhodes do lead to Rome!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.koin.com/news/portland/...medium=referral

billy jack haynes killed his wife

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Welp

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So much happening in our world.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You can really tell who in the thread has been giving Meltzer money for years, can't you?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I feel bad for the countless victims that have suffered at the hands of this company.

"I don't like pineapple on pizza"

"yeah? Well I don't like GENOCIDE!"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lamuella posted:

"I don't like pineapple on pizza"

"yeah? Well I don't like GENOCIDE!"

Ehh, I understand the anger in this instance. There's an active, ongoing scandal and the WWE is absolutely using this to bury that news; I can get keeping those two things together in your head.

I didn't think this needed to be said, but let's not poo poo on people over it or assign culpability for international conglomerates covering up sex crimes to people on a dying web forum laughing about Cody Rhodes, though.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

i dont actually feel bad for seth, even though I said the word legitimately

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i'm going to lol at the wwe until the end of time sorry if that displeases you

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

EDIT Retracted. I understand frustration on this issue.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There’s a thread for discussing the myriad crimes of the McMahon Crime Family (gross, sickening, depressing) and there is this thread, which is for laughing at Cody and sometimes The Rock (fun).

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
People have a right to be angry about horrible poo poo, but being angry 24/7 is unhealthy in body, mind and soul.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

People have a right to be angry about horrible poo poo, but being angry 24/7 is unhealthy in body, mind and soul.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Watching WWE is worse.

And now it's boring again because they messed with the funny stuff. Same old poo poo.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Nah gently caress that, laugh at Cody all y'all want, it's funny, but also, don't get mad if you get reminded that this company still has people who covered up and have been involved in rape and sex trafficking. There is a thread about it sure, but it is what WWE is at is core. Especially if you're dumb enough to watch this poo poo, you should know who you're supporting.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Good thing I haven't watched a single show since before Saudi Arabia.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Good thing I haven't watched a single show since before Saudi Arabia.

High five

Moral of the story, you should feel bad if you do watch WWE

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It's always been naive at best to expect every single goon to quit watching, following, or commenting on WWE programming in disgust whenever some truly horrible news comes out of that company.

I haven't watched WWE in years and I have no plans to change that anytime soon. It's a poo poo company that I hope burns to the ground, and I hope that Vince's scandals eventually lead to prison time and bankruptcy for him and the undoubtedly large number of other people that were involved with his crimes. But I can also laugh when I read about how the current clowns who are running things are making some stupendously bad creative decisions.

Chaunders
Jun 23, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
BREAKING NEWS: Vince McMahon is in fact, still completely resigned from the company

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Remember when Cena went out and buried Kanyon as a cover for Vince's homophobic bullying? Cause I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDsVN17OPo

No, I didn't. Now I'm sad :(

Kanyon deserved far better.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Chodey Lhodes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Chaunders posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Vince McMahon is in fact, still completely resigned from the company

how do you feel about lebron

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Best ironic Av/Post combo.

Like I wanna feel bad for Seth.......but that involves trying hard.........and this loving company is the drizzling shits and can't just come out and admit that WWE has harbored a culture that has straight up covered up murders, sexual assaults, harassment, exploitation of a dying kid to make a charity, encouraging talent to take roids to the point of death or near death.

Let the non creative entity known as Dwayne turn the company into his own vanity project for his no eyebrows until Hollywood forgives/forgets why he's not a draw anymore again.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Chaunders posted:

That’s right folks he re-signed for life

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Count Thrashula posted:

Dumb fuckin storyline

It's dumb, but what I THINK they are going to say is that Cody hadn't actually made up his mind when he let Rock take over on that Smackdown (even though he literally said "I'll get you Roman, just not at Wrestlemania", FORGET THAT WWE UNIVERSE) and had just reached out to him to get some advice from a legend, in the presser Cody says to Rock "I talked to a lot of people", I think maybe trying to imply he was just getting input and hadn't decided yet, even though he literally said he wasn't getting Roman at mania.

Roman and Rock being heels (now confirmed for Dwayne I guess? That nonsense in Vegas made him pretty heel, saying "we do what we want!" to Rollins at the end) took that as confirmation Cody was going for Seth and they could have their family match, thinking that (in kayfabe and reality?) that Roman can just do what he wants and Rock the same, only to be disabused of that notion at the press conference when Cody says "I choose you Roman!" and then, maybe?, finding out that, yes, as the rumble winner Cody can choose his opponent.

It's dumb and it's because they wrote themselves into a hole, but it's what they got :shrug:.

If you want real bad writing, consider Seth. Not the poo poo about him being #2 and at the losers table, but he begged Cody to choose him and leave the "hollywood" belt for the phonies. If Rock/Roman is on, shouldn't Seth be happy? He wanted Cody to pick him and that's what looks like what's happening, so why is he at the press conference interjecting asking how Roman can just decide to face Rock? Seth wants that match to happen! But he's a babyface, and Rock/Roman are heels so what they want is bad, even though it is 100% what Seth wanted.

Dumb company run by rapists and people who cover for rapists op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I feel like the amount of people on this forum who legitimately follow/engage with/contribute to WWE has to be in the low double figures at best. There's not really much else I personally can say about the company being completely rotten that I've not already said - I can just follow the news as it comes out and hope the victims get some kind of positive result. In the meantime, people can try to get by with jokes and mockery of said terrible company. Being human can be pretty unbearable during times of tragedy (ie almost all of the time) so I think a little harmless respite is understandable.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 9, 2024