Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What kind of teenie weenie fits in the series x vent holes??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can probably fit a churro through there

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

priznat posted:

What kind of teenie weenie fits in the series x vent holes??

mine!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Simiain posted:

played a bit of Starfield last night and had a surprisingly decent time. it could be really good!

Honestly if you enjoy the first couple of hours you will enjoy most of the game.

I played 70-80 hours and had a good time (all the main quests, faction quests, some side quests, exploring, building bases and starships etc). But yes it is a very flawed game, and the more you play the more obvious this becomes. I’d probably feel differently if I’d shelled out the $100 or whatever for the deluxe “play 3 days early” version rather than gamepass.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Timdog immediately mail back your official Xbox series x fridge.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Every single time I see timdog mentioned I can only think of tim dog the rapper lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzeM2J3Emk

Tim Dog- gently caress Sony

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

MarcusSA posted:

Sega is back in the hardware business after Microsoft sold them the Xbox brand

Sega Dreampass is the best value in gaming

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

webmeister posted:

Honestly if you enjoy the first couple of hours you will enjoy most of the game.

I played 70-80 hours and had a good time (all the main quests, faction quests, some side quests, exploring, building bases and starships etc). But yes it is a very flawed game, and the more you play the more obvious this becomes. I’d probably feel differently if I’d shelled out the $100 or whatever for the deluxe “play 3 days early” version rather than gamepass.
I dunno, I liked it for about 15 hours and then one day I had zero interest in ever touching it again

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Martman posted:

I dunno, I liked it for about 15 hours and then one day I had zero interest in ever touching it again

My exact feeling too. Just yeah nah same as any Bethesda rpg in the last 15 years no thanks I’m good.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Martman posted:

I dunno, I liked it for about 3 hours and then later that day I had zero interest in ever touching it again

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Some dumb thing popped up in one of my news feeds that apparently the "confirmed not confirmed" rumours are that Microsoft has literally halted production of all Xboxes, all games in development are cancelled, including third party games, and all Xbox services are being turned off overnight.

It's good to know the kid whose uncle works at Nintendo and knows how to get Mewthree is still alive and doing prolifically well.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm hearing rumors that Xbox has decided to go back to using the wrong kind of ram

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

webmeister posted:

I wanted to play it like any other Bethesda or Ubi game: gently caress around in the world until I get bored of the mechanics, then play the main quest because that‘s where the polished stuff is supposed to be, right?
Well after the first temple where new abilities are coveyed via a loving textbox like it‘s the nineties stopped me right in my tracks

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Neco posted:

Well after the first temple where new abilities are coveyed via a loving textbox like it‘s the nineties stopped me right in my tracks
Getting the first power was so confusing to me. I wandered around the room touching light things for like 5 minutes and nothing seemed to be happening, and then finally I got some bullshit power that didn't really seem to do anything.

I looked it up and found articles about "solving" the first "puzzle" to acquire these powers. Literally you just float back and forth and touch the glowy things, but do it like 50 times for no reason. And it's supposed to be a puzzle I guess? It felt like a placeholder.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Think you only need to touch the sparkly things 5-6 times before it unlocks the power - you're supposed to jetpack boost to them quickly before they disappear, but of course there is no indication of this and no feedback if you don't make it in time.

Fully agree that the "puzzle" is stupid as hell and the powers are lame, most of the time I completely forgot to use them. The fact that you need to do NG+ a dozen times to level up the powers to max is hilarious - who could be bothered. Yet another in-game system that feels like a first draft.

Neco posted:

I wanted to play it like any other Bethesda or Ubi game: gently caress around in the world until I get bored of the mechanics, then play the main quest because that‘s where the polished stuff is supposed to be, right?

Speaking of Ubi games, anyone tried out the Skull & Bones open beta? I downloaded last night and wasn't super impressed by the first 30 minutes. Feels like they took 10 years to make a worse and less interesting version of Black Flag. Apparently someone asked the Ubisoft CEO why they're charging $70 up front for what is planned to be a :gas: live service game, and his response was that it's a "quadruple A" game :lol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

webmeister posted:

I played up to the first temple in Starfield, realized I'd seen everything the game could offer mechanically, and uninstalled without regret because it was all incredibly tepid.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Starfield has so many instances where you think “who the hell signed off on this?” it’s ridiculous. Either the designers & directors are idiots and/or Bethesda has a strict never question the higher ups rule

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

why not both

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

webmeister posted:

Speaking of Ubi games, anyone tried out the Skull & Bones open beta? I downloaded last night and wasn't super impressed by the first 30 minutes. Feels like they took 10 years to make a worse and less interesting version of Black Flag. Apparently someone asked the Ubisoft CEO why they're charging $70 up front for what is planned to be a :gas: live service game, and his response was that it's a "quadruple A" game :lol:
AAAA is the term for Destiny clones (at least when it comes to all the cruft around the main game loop, which can differ). They're supposed to be once in a generation titles that completely monopolize the attention of the entire gaming public, so of course everybody is now making ten of them in an industry version of Masayoshi Son's Vision Fund - you only need to hit the jackpot once.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What makes Starfield's narrative so stupid for me is how the companions keep staring in awe at you about touching one of these artifacts and the Mystery Vision you've seen, even asking about the experience, and yet it somehow never enters their mind to touch one themselves.

Nothing stopping them, no ordained Chosen One, you just got lucky to touch yours and now the things are everywhere .

And it's always the same Mystery Vision, no reason to keep them to yourself at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Starfield has so many instances where you think “who the hell signed off on this?” it’s ridiculous. Either the designers & directors are idiots and/or Bethesda has a strict never question the higher ups rule

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What makes Starfield's narrative so stupid for me is how the companions keep staring in awe at you about touching one of these artifacts and the Mystery Vision you've seen, even asking about the experience, and yet it somehow never enters their mind to touch one themselves.

Nothing stopping them, no ordained Chosen One, you just got lucky to touch yours and now the things are everywhere .

And it's always the same Mystery Vision, no reason to keep them to yourself at all.

Barrett says in the first mission that he's seen the vision too

Why he's not the Chosen One and you are ... :shrug:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They're called AAAA games because when you see one you go AAAA not this poo poo again!!

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Due to inflation I assume we're going to start getting AAAAA games.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I kept seeing it as timedog

My last disc I bought was Surge 2. drat that intro screen hits hard.

If Xbox is going to be the next Dreamcast then give me house of the dead 2 😤

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Sorry guys, I really love Starfield and I am still playing it daily. I have close to 200 hours in it so far and I am still having fun.

Here's some other news :

https://x.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1755873347194564775?s=20

edit: here's some more Twitter fuel for the fire

https://x.com/Zuby_Tech/status/1755897856580354189?s=20

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 9, 2024

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

webmeister posted:

I was about to make a post wishing for a game where you aren’t the chosen one, some other npc is, then realized Oblivion did that

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

webmeister posted:

But he is the chosen one? It's the reason why he is the one in every timeline that gains all the power and completes the starmap. This is a super rare instance where you got to it before him and threw the order of events out of whack.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

This is not a recent change, way back machine shows this seemed to have happened around June last year.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Rocket Pan posted:

This is not a recent change, way back machine shows this seemed to have happened around June last year.

So should I be real mad on the internet, or not?

I have now played 776 hours of halo infinite, and I can’t stop. All other games seem dumb and slow to me, I need an intervention.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Crafty posted:

So should I be real mad on the internet, or not?

I have now played 776 hours of halo infinite, and I can’t stop. All other games seem dumb and slow to me, I need an intervention.

Halo Infinite is really good. I also play it regularly. Best FPS on the market.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Kevyn posted:

Who the hell names their dog “Tim” anyways

I named my dog Tim after noted xbox internet influencer, TimDog.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rocket Pan posted:

Yeah I was going to say the site's looked like this for a while, it matches how they term it in the Twitter announcements too.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

lines posted:

Due to inflation I assume we're going to start getting AAAAA games.

I shudder to think how many As the Sonic franchise has if it's due to inflation.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
When’s Philip making the big announcement then? I need to sharpen my pitchforks

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

When’s Philip making the big announcement then? I need to sharpen my pitchforks

He's gonna do that thing where he drops a printed statement behind a reporter's right side, tap their right shoulder while standing behind their left side and then take off running.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
All these years, all those indie dev t-shirts, all that good will, and he chose the dark side. It goes to show you can never really trust anyone, even spokespersons for global capitalist corporations :(

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Crafty posted:

All these years, all those indie dev t-shirts, all that good will, and he chose the dark side. It goes to show you can never really trust anyone, even spokespersons for global capitalist corporations :(

Personally I'm going to see if that Hexen shirt comes to anything before I get mad

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
No word yet from Phil because he is trapped in Tartarus. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

syntaxfunction posted:

I shudder to think how many As the Sonic franchise has if it's due to inflation.

Not sure about this, let me just do a quick Google.