Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Jiro posted:

Best ironic Av/Post combo.

I love this avatar. Every time CM Punk acts like a baby it fills me with joy.

Also, CM Punk is going to be on commentary. I can't wait for him to be a petty gently caress and get fired again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This whole thing is way less funny if Cody's actually in the Mania main event

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This whole thing is way more funny if he's in the main event and loses again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

This whole thing is way more funny if he's in the main event and loses again.

That would rule

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I feel like him not getting the match at all would be funnier but ultimately both options are very loving funny

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

so who do we think is eating the pin in the match between the Immortal Champ, the Not So Immortal Champ, the TKO board member and the son of the polka dot guy

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
I support whatever outcome causes WWE viewers the most anguish.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Dwayne Johnson is such a generous man. The Cody Crybabies sent him death threats and harassed his daughter off of Twitter and he’s still willing to give up his main event spot to make them happy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Times are not as edgy as they used to be, but we are plagued more than ever by irony-poisoning. That can be dangerous when paired with media illiteracy.

I think what grinds people's gears is the very real danger that laughing at WWE's lovely booking without constantly acknowledging their evil poo poo will lead to fans genuinely liking WWE "ironically" in a so-trashy/bad-it's-good kind of way. Like if the Weinsteins started producing The Asylum level schlock and people praising the new Five-Headed Shart Attack without even thinking of the rapist cutthroats behind the film.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Grendels Dad posted:

Times are not as edgy as they used to be, but we are plagued more than ever by irony-poisoning. That can be dangerous when paired with media illiteracy.

I think what grinds people's gears is the very real danger that laughing at WWE's lovely booking without constantly acknowledging their evil poo poo will lead to fans genuinely liking WWE "ironically" in a so-trashy/bad-it's-good kind of way. Like if the Weinsteins started producing The Asylum level schlock and people praising the new Five-Headed Shart Attack without even thinking of the rapist cutthroats behind the film.

I don't think that's going to happen in this subforum, considering that we've been making GBS threads on WWE for a variety of reasons for years now. And I'm pretty sure our influence on wrestling fans in regards to how WWE is perceived, or indeed anything to do with wrestling in general, is completely non-existent. Outside of this subforum may be a completely different story, but we don't have any control over that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't think that's going to happen in this subforum, considering that we've been making GBS threads on WWE for a variety of reasons for years now.

We've had people in this very thread try to pull the "well Vince was bad, but he's gone now so problem solved" / "it's wrestling, wrestling people are trash, this is normal stuff" cards. I'm not saying we need to close this thread or anything, or that there's anything wrong with laughing at their lovely booking.

Hell, I don't know what I'm saying, beyond gently caress this company and everyone who enables this company.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I haven't seen many people going "it's hilarious how badly they've hosed the Mania main event, this company is so great". it's largely been "it's hilarious how badly they've hosed the Mania main event, on an associated matter this company deserves to burn to the ground". There was an influx of people One Bad Appling, but none of them were regulars and the consensus largely told them to get hosed.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Kickoff was a perfect Fed-pilled show. All promos and entrances, no matches.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lamuella posted:

I haven't seen many people going "it's hilarious how badly they've hosed the Mania main event, this company is so great". it's largely been "it's hilarious how badly they've hosed the Mania main event, on an associated matter this company deserves to burn to the ground". There was an influx of people One Bad Appling, but none of them were regulars and the consensus largely told them to get hosed.

Yeah, solid points. And I'm not suggesting everyone needs to add a strongly worded condemnation of this lovely company to every post to appease the bureau of pure thought, or anything.

It is genuinely hard though. The poo poo they're currently doing is 100% a calculated attempt at deflecting attention and getting everyone talking about their booking, whether it be in the "booker of the year Paul Levesque is cooking with gas boys!" sense or the "booker of the year, triple paul, everyone" sense. So in a way we are playing right into their hands.

On the other hand, nobody has the energy just to be angry 24/7 and it is genuinely fun to laugh at how loving awful they are at this whole wrestling business thing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I should say that I absolutely believe that much of what has happened on TV for WWE recently has been a reaction to the nightmare behind the scenes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t think anyone with any sense is laughing about the bad booking with the intention of then following through and supporting the company by watching the show

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its okay to laugh at the lovely company you dont have to bring up how much you hate wwe or vince's crimes each time you do like you are warding off evil spirits i dont think anyone here is giving wwe money or attending live shows lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i went to mitb last year :smith:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WM40 prediction the main is a triple threat and The Rock wins the world title by pinning Cody thus ending Roman's reign, Rockhampton, Cody a loser, and they can continue Rock v Roman til Summerslam.

Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

The Rock wins the world title by pinning Cody

:pray:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i went to mitb last year :smith:

(places hand on your should awkwardly) i forgive you

Chaunders
Jun 23, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I still remember that time a serial sex offender was president of the United States for 4 years (and is about to be again)

All discussion of anything to do with the United States is now horrible and distasteful you monsters. Why would you discuss or live in a country that allowed that?!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CSPAM is leaking again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

erg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Malikov posted:

Dwayne is so washed now as a box office attraction he can't even main event mania lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/pGt4TL5sJbA?si=hClkOVpsPXv5mj_H

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Chaunders posted:

I still remember that time a serial sex offender was president of the United States for 4 years (and is about to be again)

All discussion of anything to do with the United States is now horrible and distasteful you monsters. Why would you discuss or live in a country that allowed that?!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
that was such a weak looking slap.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

It is a legit problem in these sorts of chats. gently caress the saudi propaganda shows but sometimes you think about how it's been years of discussion over "They killed someone, can you imagine that happening?".

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.
Calling it now: Cody pins Reigns after the Rock hits him with the Rock Bottom.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chaunders posted:

Why would you discuss or live in a country that allowed that?!

Fair point tbh

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Chaunders posted:

This unironically.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bret's right

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

keithy george posted:

It is a legit problem in these sorts of chats. gently caress the saudi propaganda shows but sometimes you think about how it's been years of discussion over "They killed someone, can you imagine that happening?".

They've killed a bunch of people and would like to kill more, especially gay people. And WWE is happy to spread the good word!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Paying2Lurk posted:

They've killed a bunch of people and would like to kill more, especially gay people. And WWE is happy to spread the good word!

In fact they killed an activist after pressing vague charges on them just 10 days ago! Can't wait for Crown Jewel!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

We've had people in this very thread try to pull the "well Vince was bad, but he's gone now so problem solved" / "it's wrestling, wrestling people are trash, this is normal stuff" cards. I'm not saying we need to close this thread or anything, or that there's anything wrong with laughing at their lovely booking.

And most of those were either trolls who mysteriously made their first "Stand Up For WWE" posts shortly after the rest of PSP were expressing their righteous indignation and saying WWE needed to die, or the few remaining diehard WWE stans that are the exception here rather than the rule. I'm pretty confident that PSP talking about how stupid WWE's booking is, while also discussing Vince and his many literal crimes, isn't going to foster a wave of people who want to watch WWE "ironically" or whatever.

TheKingslayer posted:

CSPAM is leaking again.

A CSPAM poster in another subforum's thread is like a dose of clap: before they arrive is pleasure, and after is a pain in the dong.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 9, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Stopped watching years ago, but enjoy reading shitposts and jokes about the fake fight pantomime.

Would quite like to see a courtroom sketch of Vince McMahon in prison overalls (which will inevitably include a goon photoshopping a judge vince flexing during sentencing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

president goldberg