Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ninurta posted:

So, for this Carnival event, am I expected to login daily to claim the rewards? If so, woops, I guess I missed yesterday. I had checked in the morning but I think that was prior to the daily reset as it showed everything already claimed.

I think it doesn't start until February 11st

edit: nevermind that's when you can start redeeming the masks. I logged in yesterday and did the missions but didn't redeem the rewards because you have to go into the news, scroll down to the old news announcing the event then click rewards from the news article. What a dumb system this is.

Kly fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://www.marvelsnap.com/carnival2024

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
One of the scrolling splash pages will take you to the mask stuff

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

It should be a big always on screen button. Or maybe the missions should be in the section labeled "missions"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kly posted:

It should be a big always on screen button. Or maybe the missions should be in the section labeled "missions"

SD does a lot wrong but this has been such a consistent complaint about events that they stopped doing them for like 8 months. It really isn’t that hard to scroll to another screen to click a thing. That’s how you play Conquest, after all.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I was hoping that if they brought back special missions after taking such a long break from them, that they would make them look better than something a high school computer programming student would whip up in their spare time. And also maybe make them even a little bit interesting. Oh well.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Fate Accomplice posted:

or they could think players will think "I dunno if future caches will have more cards I want, but this one has these 1-2 cards, let's goooo"

also I vaguely recall a dev mentioning they've considered reverting keys themselves - so every 120 levels you immediately pull from the week's cache.

which is even worse than how spotlights began

Well, then people will just stop upgrading cards.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

With the lack of future datamines now, does that just mean we won’t know what paid/gold bundles are going to be available? Or does this also mean we won’t know what new spotlight bundles are coming out?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

obi_ant posted:

With the lack of future datamines now, does that just mean we won’t know what paid/gold bundles are going to be available? Or does this also mean we won’t know what new spotlight bundles are coming out?

Both, though I think there’s some backwards way of deducing spotlights by seeing which variants are labeled spotlights and seeing batch release dates but basically it’s a matter of time before all future bundles and spotlights are unknown.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
E: wrong thread lol

Firebert fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 9, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Firebert posted:

Binged What If? S2 and was really delighted by how many people they were able to get back to reprise their characters. A full episode of Cate Blanchett chewing the scenery again was surprising and extremely fun. Michael Douglas is legitimately a good voice actor as well. The season didn’t come together as well at the end as season one did, but it was a very solid watch. Lake Bell quiet MVP as Natasha again, she has blended so well into the role I don’t even feel a break from the live action.

Idk how much it costs them to produce it but I’d like to see more animation (I know they are presumably still doing the zombies spin off but that is not my thing at all). Will probably take a look at Moon Girl after seeing a clip from this past week’s episode that looked really good.

wrong thread but you're surprisingly close to target

they should put some more what-if arts in snap other than the venomized/knullified ones

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol goddamn it, the titles are so similar

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently they have decided to stop doing the NuVerse store season reward track thing

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

did anyone else get an extra "for you" bundle in the shop? its the same as the 9.99 but had like 1/3rd more gold.

e: and it doesn't show up in the web shop, either.

e2: someone on the reddit got offer a polaris base card and 15k in credits for a hundo. what the gently caress lmao.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 9, 2024

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Mine is a premium mystery variant and 6000 gold for $55 USD (equivalent). Not shelling out for that even though the gold would be nice.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Lol.

Lmao even.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

they're running this through chat-gpt for sure.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
mine's 2500 gold and a 'premium variant' for 19.99, which seems like decent value as far as i can figure out

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Really like the Hellcarrier change. Filling your hand with random cards that are possibly discounted is both fun and can give you an edge. Cruised up to legend with the below deck:

# (1) Quinjet
# (1) Snowguard
# (1) Blade
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Agent Coulson
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Nick Fury
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) Helicarrier
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsaWNhcnJpZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pY2tGdXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMYWR5U2lmIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZ2VudENvdWxzb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGVDb2xsZWN0b3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTbm93Z3VhcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlF1aW5qZXQifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Joink fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 9, 2024

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Joink posted:

Really like the Hellcarrier change. Filling your hand with random cards that are possibly discounted is both fun and can give you an edge. Cruised up to legend with the below deck:

Trying this deck out, and it seems pretty good. Put Loki in over Mystique, though, since the ability to re-roll a bad draw is nice.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I wanna do Loki decks again something with that seems fun. Miss the dynamic nature of every Loki game where you see a roll and go “ok how can I win this in 2 turns”

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sandwolf posted:

SD does a lot wrong but this has been such a consistent complaint about events that they stopped doing them for like 8 months. It really isn’t that hard to scroll to another screen to click a thing. That’s how you play Conquest, after all.

I'm sure where the "but" comes in here. They're so poo poo at something that they stopped doing it, then when they started doing it again they were still poo poo in exactly the same way?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Joink posted:

# (1) Quinjet
# (1) Snowguard
# (1) Blade
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Agent Coulson
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Nick Fury
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) Helicarrier
This looks fun and would give me the excuse I (don't) need to buy Hipp Helicarrier but I don't have Quinjet or Snowguard. Could throw in Nico maybe? Agent 13? Maria Hill?

Tunga fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 9, 2024

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

You can slot Agent 13 in for Snowguard

Kind of difficult to replace Quinjet’s ability though

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Not going to be a card but fun Hipp art... Putting behind a spoiler of you're trying to be blind about MCU casting announcements:
Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards in Hipp-style:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not going to be a card but fun Hipp art... Putting behind a spoiler of you're trying to be blind about MCU casting announcements:
Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards in Hipp-style:

I know Pedro Pascal is having his moment, but he feels way too wholesome and charming for Richards.

Also, who the gently caress cares about casting spoilers?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Aw rad got Zabu. My key luck is pretty grand outside of completely missing High Evolutionary on my first chest experience.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Oh nice, one of the new Carnival missions needs you to buy a cash bundle to complete :rolleyes:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

victorious posted:

Oh nice, one of the new Carnival missions needs you to buy a cash bundle to complete :rolleyes:
lol

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Any easy climbing decks? I'm trying different stuff but I just keep hovering around 83.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Lockjaw was working well for me last night.

Wasp
Armor
Lockjaw
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Jubilee
Jane Thor
Skaar
Magneto
Odin
Doom
Infinaut

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

victorious posted:

Ha. Noticed that. By my napkin math it doesn’t seem like you need that mission to max out on masks for the variant, but who knows?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

victorious posted:

Jesus loving Christ dude

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

its a pretty variant got it :3:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

At least it’s a $10 bundle I guess

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Where does it tell you your current mask count? Or do you just look at the meter and guess?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's only 2 masks, you won't need them to complete the event

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

victorious posted:

It doesn't, actually, as Band Wong was already in the game. But if you don't have him, then yes.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jedit posted:

It doesn't, actually, as Band Wong was already in the game. But if you don't have him, then yes.

Kind of surprised they only have 2, that seems short-sighted. They did a big pile for the Hellfire Gala, and that didn't even have a game event, aside from an album. This just feels random as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

At least the Sunspot variant is like his best one.