Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh god I hope not. I have no interest in seeing him take up segments again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I would Dan Lambert to come back. I miss him so much.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Dan Lambert owned.

But he was too powerful for the AEW fanbase and was banished.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

we need jds back

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Ringo Roadagain posted:

we need jds back

Actually you'll find that a lot of posters here have Jericho Derangement Syndrome

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

apophenium posted:

I know he feels obligated cause he probably dropped a lot of dosh on signing her but I'd be fine if Saraya got no more TV time for the rest of her contract . No offense

I'm fine with Saraya oafing around at ringside and maybe doing tag matches but good lord whatever magic she had as a singles wrestler is long gone.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i definitely find saraya more entertaining than ruby. i don't need to see either of them wrestle tho

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The_Rob posted:

I would Dan Lambert to come back. I miss him so much.
whither junior dos santos

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i hate sting borden

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dan Lambert to my knowledge did not do anything sketchy BTS at TNA so I’d much rather have him than Don Callis

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

After last night… it’s getting harder and harder to be a Hell Thread Poster 😔

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

After last night… it’s getting harder and harder to be a Hell Thread Poster 😔

Skill issue, I hate to say 😔

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Timeless Toni Storm is still a gimmick way to silly in ring for a champion plus the Boston show being named Big Business is obviously about the return of former Memphis manager Big Business Brown so we need the thread open for that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dynamite did 805,000 / 0.28 for their most packed show in years... it's over

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the other 200k fans? at the arena

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony is a mark and he's on cocaine

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

these are serious allegations

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

me too

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Finally someone saying what we’re all thinking

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Bryan Alvarez should talk about rankings some more

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I know there's a lot of problems with rankings in pro wrestling but I think some of these podcasters go out of their way to not understand how they work. Like, they're mad because they don't understand by the Young Bucks aren't in the rankings despite the fact that the Bucks hadn't wrestled a single match in 2024 until literally yesterday. Why is that hard to understand?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
What's the difference between an eliminator and proving ground match

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Eliminator takes you out of contention if you lose, Proving Ground puts you into contention if you win.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Proving Ground match is "win or last 10 minutes to get a title shot." No idea if the 10 minute stip is all the time, but it is sometimes.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Drakkel posted:

I know there's a lot of problems with rankings in pro wrestling but I think some of these podcasters go out of their way to not understand how they work.

I hear way more about the rankings from Bryan and Dave than I do watching the dang show.

Like UFC and boxing, rankings are part math and part something else. No one wants the sportsmanship algorithm making matches strictly based on records, so I don't know why they get so nitpicky about the rankings being "wrong" or whatever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they decided to stop doing the rankings after the ppv

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Proving Ground match is "win or last 10 minutes to get a title shot." No idea if the 10 minute stip is all the time, but it is sometimes.

I was actually kind of confused about this recently because commentary said Bryan Keith vs. Eddie Kingston was a Proving Grounds match but it was way longer than 10 minutes. I assume commentary just hosed up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i don't understand why swerve had to beat hagman on wednesday to be #1 contender, wasn't swerve already ahead cos he beat hangman twice?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

i don't understand why swerve had to beat hagman on wednesday to be #1 contender, wasn't swerve already ahead cos he beat hangman twice?

Rankings officially started with the new year I think.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i'm pretty sure before the match Ex mentioned on commentary that Swerve was ahead in the rankings because he'd beaten Hanger twice , so surely a time-limit draw would leave swerve ahead? it confused me

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

it was just winner fights joe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

but then at the end hamgnan said "swerve you needed to beat me to become #1 contender" but swerve already was

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

but then at the end hamgnan said "swerve you needed to beat me to become #1 contender" but swerve already was

Swerve was ranked #1 but not #1 contender.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yah the match was to fight joe at revolution there was no winner

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

got ya

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also I think they established the last time they used Rankings that sometimes they'll just have the #1 and #2 ranked guys fight for a title shot.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What's the point of being #1 if I still have to fight for a title shot

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Being number 1

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they should let the bottom guy fight the number 1 guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they should let the bottom guy fight the number 1 guy

It should operate on No More Heroes rules, if the bottom guy wins he automatically becomes number 1 but then that means the new number 1 guy can get challenged anywhere at any time by anyone in the ranks