Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Got back into more of a rhythm with Dave the Diver. I decided to designate each half-day as either a farming trip or a trip where I try to do quests, and I managed to make a lv2 shock sniper rifle, and everything is much more manageable and takes way less time :)

Gonna try to upgrade myself a steel net gun too, gotta start taking more stuff alive sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dreylad posted:

It's hard to tell but it seemed like the guy that is Grunt-Cloud has his face and uses the same voice actor. Kind of a neat detail.

He does, yeah. There's also a point that makes it kind of explicit, where (after Sephiroth torches the town) you see the grunt on the ground outside Cloud's mom's house going "mom...." So unless someone isn't paying attention, they're probably going to notice that.

Real hurthling! posted:

do the allies do a better job of filling their own atb bars without the player cycling through to build them up? i found it got tedious in every fight by the end

I don't think so? The only ally you have in the demo is Sephiroth, but you still need to switch to reasonably build the ATB it seems.

The main issue I have is that I have trouble both "switching between people" and "keeping an eye on enemy animations." It's disorienting to have my perspective flip around so often.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
need pacific drive to hurry up and come out already. i'm drifting rudderless, lost at sea in a catatonic malaise, awaiting a shiny new game to play. dont really have anything on my playlist right now that's calling to me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

need pacific drive to hurry up and come out already. i'm drifting rudderless, lost at sea in a catatonic malaise, awaiting a shiny new game to play. dont really have anything on my playlist right now that's calling to me

Play Void Bastards, it's a fun little romp, very friendly roguelike with a lot of style

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

what the gently caress

now that i think about it. ive never been to japan, or hawaii... maybe its all real. maybe wasn't idiocracy, but yakuza that was a documentary all along

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Xaris posted:

infinite wealth is really good

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1755668923599482959?t=-vJfuTx_jgH-TFZ948ZYWw&s=19

The industry is in such a drat mess

Let's be grateful for the games we already have

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i was really excited for that game like 8 or 10 years ago when it was first announced because I liked blackflag and pirate games, but everything about it just sounds like a typical AAA disaster

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1755668923599482959?t=-vJfuTx_jgH-TFZ948ZYWw&s=19

Listen, they have to pay back that loan from Singapore somehow or Yves'll be saying AAAA as he is caned.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I've resisted an Elden Ring second playthrough since release and the urge is rising and they should release the DLC now...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Xaris posted:

i was really excited for that game like 8 or 10 years ago when it was first announced because I liked blackflag and pirate games, but everything about it just sounds like a typical AAA disaster

For real, at this point I'm hoping it crashes and burns at launch

E) Helldivers owns and playing with randos has been fine for the couple hours I played so far. Had to set it to Win 8 compatibility mode to get it to even launch though :psyduck:

Radical 90s Wizard has issued a correction as of 11:49 on Feb 9, 2024

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

callisto protocol: so you are the next AAAA huh

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't think a game they had to make and then just didn't for like 8 years so that they could use the job posting as a way of taking a vacation, is going to be 'quadruple A'

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
western AAA games suck so this western AAAA game will suck even more

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I love a game that's been stuck in development hell because regardless of intent you know the version you're getting isn't so much done but what was deemed "fun enough" right before people started pointing fingers at each other

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jaketropolis/status/1755821974838731119?t=CnpzDN3kkeP6FaYKSF2XAQ&s=19

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
that’s what I will say if I play the game

AAAA this is a bad game!!!!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ave, true to Putin

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mfw I look up the Russian word for Caesar...

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Much like the 5th X, the search for the 4th A is a fools errand

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I realized I never got around to getting DS2 Scholar of the First Sin on PC, just console, so I grabbed it for $17 since I feel like the heydays of under-$10 sales are behind us.

lol at the steam achievements: 92% of players have died once, but less than 70% have beaten the Last Giant

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/StyledApe/status/1755859018243879246?s=20

Various world leaders being mapgame nerds would nake sense to me.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

lol

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuXHrHRZzLk

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
just saw video of a guy jetpacking around in Death Stranding using the stabilizers and jump ramps and I feel like such a chump. never watch those "what 1000 hours in x game looks like" videos. they will always make you feel like a chump

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

just saw video of a guy jetpacking around in Death Stranding using the stabilizers and jump ramps and I feel like such a chump. never watch those "what 1000 hours in x game looks like" videos. they will always make you feel like a chump

What if I'm constantly in a state of feeling like a chump?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Goddamn, mind flayers with the SCS mod on Insane difficulty do not gently caress around.

In Baldur's Gate 2, to clarify. I'm aware that in Baldur's Gate 3 they gently caress around quite a lot

I'm about, I would estimate, halfway through this extremely modded playthrough of BG2 so I should be playing a game released this century in about 37 more years. (I am in fairness replaying Lies of P concurrently whenever I need a break.)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

That's Lies of P done, true final boss, 5 attempts I think? It was hard as hell but like Sekiro everything in the game is preparing you for it. Phase 2 on the final attempt I perfect guarded every attack but I think 3 or 4. It felt INCREDIBLE.

What an amazing, incredible game. If I had been smart and played it last year I would've had it as my GOTY, but of course if I had played Sekiro like I did only just this year it might've gotten it. Cannot recommend this game highly enough, it's on gamepass, play it goons. It's hard but it wants you to succeed. I haven't felt this rewarded for truly mastering the full toolkit of a combat system since....a couple weeks ago when I beat Sekiro.

I am slowly leveling up the Holy Ark sword on the strength of your testimony but goddamn I am going to have a hard time using anything but the Booster Glaive with whatever good head I have available. I think I just like the chainsaw noises when you hold down R2 and can charge in from a mile away.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

docbeard posted:

Goddamn, mind flayers with the SCS mod on Insane difficulty do not gently caress around.

In Baldur's Gate 2, to clarify. I'm aware that in Baldur's Gate 3 they gently caress around quite a lot

I'm about, I would estimate, halfway through this extremely modded playthrough of BG2 so I should be playing a game released this century in about 37 more years. (I am in fairness replaying Lies of P concurrently whenever I need a break.)

I do a full playthrough of the trilogy every other year or so, it usually takes me around two months of devoted play

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder if real IRL scuba divers have ever tried taking sniper rifles on dives with them. Makes it much easier to fight dinosaurs in hydrothermal vents

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

loquacius posted:

I wonder if real IRL scuba divers have ever tried taking sniper rifles on dives with them. Makes it much easier to fight dinosaurs in hydrothermal vents

Someone post the scene from Skooks where Shaggy fires on Scooby, can't get on YouTube at the moment

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Playing thru cyberpunk 2077 atm, have managed to largely avoid spoilers, but have a question:

I picked Streetkid as my background. How different are the other playthroughs? I'm sure the whole Relic plot thing works out the same, but like is there still a Jackie if you are a corpo or nomad?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Skull and Bones just launched an open beta and I don't think I've seen any actual gameplay before this point??

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

skull and bones launched a beta a long time ago by the name of john kerry

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hatebag posted:

An open beta too, according to his wife anyway

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Going to so some fortnite today I think.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Going to so some fortnite today I think.

oh you know its fortnite friday bay bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Playing thru cyberpunk 2077 atm, have managed to largely avoid spoilers, but have a question:

I picked Streetkid as my background. How different are the other playthroughs? I'm sure the whole Relic plot thing works out the same, but like is there still a Jackie if you are a corpo or nomad?

You always meet Jackie in the intro, the circumstances just change

Other than certain dialogue options the backgrounds don't affect the game all that much