Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Do I need to stop and grind some levels during the story for CC? I think I was trying to play through the side missions and it burned me out on the game a bit.

Honestly probably not? The main story isn't super punishing. Maybe occasionally do a mission if you feel a bit behind but if you sit down and do all the missions at once you'll quickly overlevel. (I beat the optional superboss before I got the Buster Sword for example on my last playthrough.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

Do I need to stop and grind some levels during the story for CC? I think I was trying to play through the side missions and it burned me out on the game a bit.

Crisis Core is structured in a way that if you're just playing the base game, there's not much need for level grinding. Just going through each plot area at a steady pace is enough to clear the game, or at least so I remember it. It's the side missions where the difficulty spikes and the need for grinding emerges.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Did anyone else feel that Sephiroth's moveset felt suspiciously fleshed out. Like remake didn't even bother letting you control Red XIII who was around for a fair while at the end, and yet they've put this much effort into a full moveset for someone who's I'm your party for 30mim in the tutorial? Idk feels like maybe this won't be the only time we get to play as Sephiroth...

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

So performance mode gets better resolution-wise once you get out of town? I don't think I can tolerate graphics mode, though if the framerate is better out of town then perhaps I can. My 4K Roku TV supports HDR/DoVi and additional stuff, but unfortunately doesn't support 1440p. It's either 2160p, 1080p, or lower. No VRR support either, apparently :(

I haven't had issues with other PS5 games looking terrible in 1080p when picking performance mode so this is a first.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how (Rebirth demo, but also parts of Remake) Tifa is characterized with the Cloud stuff. It's confusing from her perspective, because she knows what Cloud is saying isn't true, but what he's saying is mostly what actually happened, so clearly he somehow knows what went down. It's gotta be extremely confusing from her perspective. Even if she considers "maybe he was one of the Shinra grunts," she sees current Cloud and he's a badass with all the SOLDIER abilities you'd expect an actual SOLDIER to have.

So when she responds during Cloud's flashback she's like "uh, yeah..." and obviously internally like "what in the absolute gently caress is going on here."

edit: Actually, I'm guessing Tifa notices Cloud's sword is the same sword Zack had? I forget if she ever comments on that in the original game (I can only barely remember what happens in OG FF7 post-Midgard - I just remember the broadest strokes of the plot).

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
She's just that smooth when it comes to gaslighting.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spermando posted:

She's just that smooth when it comes to gaslighting.

Yeah, she also spent weeks-to-months in a coma after Sephiroth sliced her clean open, so maybe her memory's also fuzzy as to what exactly happened over the 48-ish hours Sephiroth was in Nibelheim, so there's just enough room for her to start going "Wait, am I the crazy one here?"

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
A little detail I liked, Sephiroth's extremely Hojo body language when he's laughing after beginning to talk about his father at the town entrance.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of body language, I like how Zack-Cloud constantly has Zack's general mannerisms/emoting (like the squats and just generally gesturing a lot).

But then you see it drop away during scenes like when Cloud's looking around Nibelheim (since he actually did stuff like go to his mom's). I'm guessing all the stuff with his mom got static-y because of how it conflicts with his current inner narrative.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, she also spent weeks-to-months in a coma after Sephiroth sliced her clean open, so maybe her memory's also fuzzy as to what exactly happened over the 48-ish hours Sephiroth was in Nibelheim, so there's just enough room for her to start going "Wait, am I the crazy one here?"

They were there for like nine days, there’s an entire week between when they go to the reactor and when Cloud goes into the basement of the manor to find Sephiroth. Which probably makes Tifa even more confused because Cloud had to hide his identity from Tifa that whole time lol

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think also Tifa is probably happier to believe that her memories are wrong over Cloud's because she's very happy to have him around and if her memories are the ones that are right then the guy they've been hanging out with is an insane imposter freak with impossible knowledge he shouldn't have.

But maybe that'll be different for Rebirth since we know from older trailers that she talks to Aerith about inconsistencies with Cloud's story.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I really hope they lean into the Jenova-based distrust among the party when they realize it's a shapeshifter and both Cloud and Tifa are suddenly mutually sus completely unintentionally. Everyone thinking the others are The Thing would be rad.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

*Elon voice* Tell it to aerith

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Here's a montage of stuff from Kalm and the Grasslands area, so immediately after the demo stops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLxqlB0-Uf8

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

No Mods No Masters posted:

*Elon voice* Tell it to aerith

Rufus spends 26 hours a day shitposting on Shinra Twitter in the most obnoxious out of touch unfunny ketamine-feuled way possible. And no one is allowed to make fun of him because he'll have their families kidnapped and thrown off the top of the Plate into the slums.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I hope we get a lot of Rufus, he's terrible on his own and wants to be a tyrant but he almost immediately after getting into power legitimately has to try to save the world and hangout with the Shinra board who he just hates. Maybe this version spends even more time on the road because he knows his giant office fortress is haunted.

I wanna see him do even weirder gun tricks

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Caidin posted:

I hope we get a lot of Rufus, he's terrible on his own and wants to be a tyrant but he almost immediately after getting into power legitimately has to try to save the world and hangout with the Shinra board who he just hates. Maybe this version spends even more time on the road because he knows his giant office fortress is haunted.

The last trailer shows him going to the Temple of the Ancients with Hojo, so there's at the very least probably going to be a scene of him and the party yelling at each other before the Northern Crater. The fact that Rufus is the only person outside the party who can also see the Plot Ghosts is really interesting and I want to see what that ultimately means going forward. Especially now that we're on the other side of the Advent Children retcon and we know he doesn't die in the main plot of the game. Or DOES HE :tinfoil:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 9, 2024

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Sephiroth: "Your combat skills are pretty good, but let's see how you vacuum."

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Tifa gets mad at Cloud for going through her closet, but says nothing about him nicking an ether from a chest in her house. Which means that as Cloud is narrating that part of the story, the other three were just nodding along going "yup, that's normal behavior, we all do it. go on"

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Leaving your door unlocked and putting things in a treasure chest signals that you're donating that stuff to the community. Like a neighborhood mini-library box.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I hope the back half of the game is Aerith realizing she has to be killed and thus she keeps trying to meet her maker in overly elaborate ways and it's your goal to stop her and it turns out you're actually playing a remake of Lemmings.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cloud: 'Let's go!'

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Caidin posted:

I have never thought about it like that, but now I crave more of “dude wanting to be evil overlord but now have to be savior of the world”.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mainwaring posted:

Did anyone else feel that Sephiroth's moveset felt suspiciously fleshed out. Like remake didn't even bother letting you control Red XIII who was around for a fair while at the end, and yet they've put this much effort into a full moveset for someone who's I'm your party for 30mim in the tutorial? Idk feels like maybe this won't be the only time we get to play as Sephiroth...

Yeah, I made a prediction earlier in the thread that he will be taking over a larger role in the party at some point, which honestly is unlikely but I can see more flashbacks where we use him.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Blockhouse posted:

Here's a montage of stuff from Kalm and the Grasslands area, so immediately after the demo stops

I'm wondering how the chocobo ice cream is made...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TheGoonspiracist posted:

I'm wondering how the chocobo ice cream is made...

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

nine-gear crow posted:

I really hope they lean into the Jenova-based distrust among the party when they realize it's a shapeshifter and both Cloud and Tifa are suddenly mutually sus completely unintentionally. Everyone thinking the others are The Thing would be rad.

I want this so badly now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DalaranJ posted:

Sephiroth: "Your combat skills are pretty good, but let's see how you vacuum."

Supercloud 64

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Boy I can't wait for the Sephiroth and Aeris Dual Tech!

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Gologle posted:

Boy I can't wait for the Sephiroth and Aeris Dual Tech!

You're in luck.
https://twitter.com/Matrollano/status/1755661799439937683

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Hahahahahaha

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLxqlB0-Uf8

it's so cool that chadley & an ai girl he created now live in a hologram that cloud carries around so they can yell at him about side quests all the time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chadley owns.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Man that new "Vincent perched on the building" art is really taking me back to teenage edgelord days. So psyched for this poo poo

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ytlaya posted:

I like how (Rebirth demo, but also parts of Remake) Tifa is characterized with the Cloud stuff. It's confusing from her perspective, because she knows what Cloud is saying isn't true, but what he's saying is mostly what actually happened, so clearly he somehow knows what went down. It's gotta be extremely confusing from her perspective. Even if she considers "maybe he was one of the Shinra grunts," she sees current Cloud and he's a badass with all the SOLDIER abilities you'd expect an actual SOLDIER to have.

So when she responds during Cloud's flashback she's like "uh, yeah..." and obviously internally like "what in the absolute gently caress is going on here."

edit: Actually, I'm guessing Tifa notices Cloud's sword is the same sword Zack had? I forget if she ever comments on that in the original game (I can only barely remember what happens in OG FF7 post-Midgard - I just remember the broadest strokes of the plot).

Granted it's been a hot minute since I played OG 7, but the way I viewed it Tifa's recollection of it was also hazy because of the whole coma part. She specifically didn't remember Cloud in the city, but she definitely remembered him rescuing her in the reactor. When she went to go square the circle about what happened in her head, she just assumed the gap in her memories of it was just from the trauma she experienced, rather than Cloud being in disguise until the final confrontation.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I burned through the Yuffie DLC for Remake yesterday and while it was fun it was basically... nothing? Yuffie goes to Midgar to get a thing. Thing isn't there. Fights boss from other game. The end. Yuffie was fun to play as and she's a great little personality. It was also kind of fun seeing other characters from that perspective. But the plot was just super non-important. Unless, of course, Deepground is going to be A Thing or something which, eh, but I think they could make fun given their track record so far.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think it helps in setting up a concrete goal for Yuffie in searching for allies to help her in taking down Shinra + greater personal, emotional connection to the plot (other than the already established impersonal Wutai connection)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Levantine posted:

I burned through the Yuffie DLC for Remake yesterday and while it was fun it was basically... nothing? Yuffie goes to Midgar to get a thing. Thing isn't there. Fights boss from other game. The end. Yuffie was fun to play as and she's a great little personality. It was also kind of fun seeing other characters from that perspective. But the plot was just super non-important. Unless, of course, Deepground is going to be A Thing or something which, eh, but I think they could make fun given their track record so far.

Intergrade mostly just establishes that Yuffie isn't justa bratty weirdo, she's a full fledged agent of Wutai and that faction is presumably slightly more alive then being a tourist trap. Who knows, we'll have to see.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also a connection to Scarlet, also she gets to see destruction of Sector 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Based on the on last trailer Intergrade also helped Establish some members of another Avalanche cell you will be meeting.