Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Mob posted:

This is my first time watching a D20 season live and also watching the Adventuring Party the day after and man, this is the poo poo

I feel like a lot of people sleep on the adventuring parties and they are some of the funniest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

The new god after Kristen is a god of anger and rage?

Oh god.

It's Porter.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I want very badly for the new god to be "NO!"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

run on sentience posted:

Your avatar needs a plate of shrimp.

good call.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mob posted:

"I'm going to jump onto the table"

*Brennan stare*

I love the way Lou was being so deliberately casual saying it. It's the same as his ultra-casual 'oh it's a twenty' that he does.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Perfect!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

perfection

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was just reminded of the one bit from the first Survivor where Lou knocked Brennan out of one of the 'don't laugh' challenge by being so nakedly pathetic that he (BLeeM) broke.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Gaz-L posted:

I was just reminded of the one bit from the first Survivor where Lou knocked Brennan out of one of the 'don't laugh' challenge by being so nakedly pathetic that he (BLeeM) broke.

Please let me win...

Finally started on Junior Year, up to the part in ep 2 where they return home, and the whiplash of Fabian's "problems" when he returns home to Riz's "problems" are both stark and hilarious.

e: Ep 3: An aarakocra detective who says "I've got my eye on you" has gotta be a callback to EXU Calamity, right?

Pleads fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 10, 2024

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Pleads posted:

e: Ep 3: An aarakocra detective who says "I've got my eye on you" has gotta be a callback to EXU Calamity, right?

Even if it isn't, it is.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kiminewt posted:

Some Smosh cast members too.

I suppose after this many seasons it's time to shake it up and this could be good still. Interesting to see Ify as the host, I think if you'd asked me I'd think it'd be the reverse.

Hope to see Trapp in other things though, most underrated of the Dropout crew. Find him hilarious.

I hope this means they're going to do more content creators in other shows too. Ryan Hailey from Funhaus would make a memorable Dirty Laundry.

"It was my junior year in college, when I was living in this clothing optional commune called the gently caress Farm..."

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I hope this means they're going to do more content creators in other shows too. Ryan Hailey from Funhaus would make a memorable Dirty Laundry.

"It was my junior year in college, when I was living in this clothing optional commune called the gently caress Farm..."

God, that was my wish the moment they announced that show. He even has all the photo and video evidence!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, on VIP, I loving love it. It's interesting the episodes where you see Vic take control (Denzel, Dr. Milk and Kepl) vs the ones where the guest(s) take control (ex-step grandma, the dolls). Speaks to everyone's strengths. I was laughing my rear end off the last episode and drat I cannot wait for a season 2.

Also gently caress yeah Game Changer in 2 days.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Dolls ep is real good, that's my kind of awkward improv interview. Them speaking to each other in fake French and Vic going "je parle un petit peu français" and them looking at her like an idiot is very good.

So goddamn excited for Game Changer.

e: Josh Doll is also fantastic

Pleads fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 12, 2024

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Holy poo poo game changer season premiere is knocking it out of the park

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I think Brennan is going to flat out murder Sam.

BobShaftoe
May 20, 2007

It's not a delusion.
That was a pretty middle of the road episode.

I'll see myself out with that terrible joke.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Point of Order! Brennan got 3rd, not 2nd.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pinwiz11 posted:

Point of Order! Brennan got 3rd, not 2nd.

This is true and, also, actually perfect for the episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The moment right at the start where Ally tries thinking laterally and you can see both Sam and Brennan's brains short circuit in totally different ways is wonderful.

Brennan: "Oh gently caress, wait, did they figure it out before me, oh no, am I losing?"

Sam:"Oh poo poo that would've been such a good bit, is it better than what this bit actually is... no, damnit, commit!"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
An episode that tried its hardest.

Ally's idea, if done with blind selection and wagering, is the platonic ideal of this game. They nailed it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Interesting thing I caught in the credits: BDG is listed as a 'consultant'

I sort of wonder if this is kind of similar to Tim Key in Taskmaster, where Sam basically paid Brian 50 bucks so he didn't feel guilty about picking his brain over lunch.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

Interesting thing I caught in the credits: BDG is listed as a 'consultant'

I sort of wonder if this is kind of similar to Tim Key in Taskmaster, where Sam basically paid Brian 50 bucks so he didn't feel guilty about picking his brain over lunch.

I hope he made more than that, Katie made almost 300 just for showing up.

Love to see this show back. Warm blanket tv.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
As a game show nerd, I just appreciate the price is right, family feud and deal or no deal mini games.

I also didn't know one of the models was frequent on Adam Ruins Everything and was very funny.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I hope he made more than that, Katie made almost 300 just for showing up.

Love to see this show back. Warm blanket tv.

Considering Sam's philosophy including profit sharing for just auditioning I am sure she made more than $300 there. In the rebrand 5 year anniversary video, Ify got $500 for two lines. Katie made some cash. I honestly would not be surprised if Dropout reimbursed the contestants what they sent to Katie and also what they spent on Sam's gift

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Spectacular premiere, Beardsley was having the time of their goddamn life

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mob posted:

Spectacular premiere, Beardsley was having the time of their goddamn life

Them howling at Oscar's ignorance of LOTR right in Brennan's face was beautiful

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Little cross that for all of Brennan's speeches about trying your best, he totally and completely stops doing that halfway through so that he can get more points. Thinking the Trump impersonation and dance sabotage. What a hypocrite!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Little cross that for all of Brennan's speeches about trying your best, he totally and completely stops doing that halfway through so that he can get more points. Thinking the Trump impersonation and dance sabotage. What a hypocrite!

he was forced to reconcile that doing the best was antithetical to victory on the fly. it must have been a difficult adjustment

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I think it made Brennan realize that he isn't always trying to do his best, he is trying to win and in his head he thought that trying to do his best was how you did that. Game Changer as therapy.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

I think it was more that Brennan quickly realized that it was a funny bit, but it also completely compromised the actual game. I think it's less obsessive compulsion to win and more being a good improv performer and not tanking anything your partners are going to do for the sake of your own joke.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My fiancee pointed out this should've been the second episode and that idea was very funny to me

I think what happened was he found a way to turn it into a new competition for himself--find a way to perfectly strategize your way into the middle

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the dance battle was so perfectly set up for brennan's gamesmanship, i called him throwing his dance with oscar a mile away

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

one of the best gamechanger episodes

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

enki42 posted:

I think it was more that Brennan quickly realized that it was a funny bit, but it also completely compromised the actual game. I think it's less obsessive compulsion to win and more being a good improv performer and not tanking anything your partners are going to do for the sake of your own joke.

Evelyn Tucci disagrees.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ojjeorago posted:

Evelyn Tucci disagrees.

No, see, that bit didn't tank their partners. Wisocki and Zac kept improving, and getting points. It was more of tanking Sam there, which is all well and good. It also didn't run the whole episode.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
It tickles me that Brennan called out the Roseate Spoonbill by name. My parents think I know a lot about birds now because I was able to identify that one off the top of my head.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
What was funny about him naming that specific bird from the heart monitor episode was that it was the one Carolyn knew but he didn't. So the one he remembers best is the one he came in second with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

But not the one that that he actually got right - the Siamese Fireback is a pheasant.