Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Apple Craft posted:

Fortnite Lore: The Video Game Version of Edging.
After all these years, if anyone still thinks the seasonal "story" bits matter in any way whatsoever, then lol. Season after season they just drop whatever was happening and start over with something else. Nothing ever pays off. Nothing matters. Please spend more.

It didn't used to be like that and only started with chapter 4 season 1 which is the last chapter Donald mustard was really hands on with.

This current chapter should be the first with the new guy at the helm. We will see if he brings back the story.

"Lore" stuff used to hint st coming seasons too, but again that stopped after chapter 4 season 1.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They made a tv show about the fortnite guy?!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Donald mustard

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

Donald mustard

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Collab trailer
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1755728897478471778?t=f5KYuLW_M5KeT21fOBuIdA&s=19

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Official Fortnite canon is that the little hovering r2d2 ports you out when you get eliminated to circumvent ratings regarding blood because you're Jonesy being forced to constantly battle in endless simulations a la the Doom Slayer.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yestermoment posted:

Official Fortnite canon is that the little hovering r2d2 ports you out when you get eliminated to circumvent ratings regarding blood because you're Jonesy being forced to constantly battle in endless simulations a la the Doom Slayer.

And sometimes Jonesy wants to look like Gamora while doing it?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"On a scale from 1-5, how would you rate the following screen? Compete"

...i'm going to skip this survey...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

And sometimes Jonesy wants to look like Gamora while doing it?

Don't make me post the hour long fortnite lore video again.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ash was actually in a coma the whole time and just hallucinating the events of fortnite

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The lore is actually extremely rewarding if you take the time to understand it which clearly you lot of chucklefucks havent. Maybe show the writers some respect and learn a thing or two about the seven mkay?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Mostly I'm impressed they can do those lil environmental story bits on the map, I think that stuff's really neat and takes alot of team coordination to pull off on the dev side I imagine.

Like if I was a dev on this game I'd be delighted anytime somebody notices any of those tiny map tweaks.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Having some plot beats is cool. Although when I hear my 9yo son converse with his cousin about it nonstop for 20 minutes, I want to astral project.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The TMNT collab has started.

Re: lore
I think it is silly fun and enjoy it like I do other goofy video game lore like FNAF, cod Zombies, elden ring, or poppy's playground.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Fancy Hat! posted:

Mostly I'm impressed they can do those lil environmental story bits on the map, I think that stuff's really neat and takes alot of team coordination to pull off on the dev side I imagine.

Like if I was a dev on this game I'd be delighted anytime somebody notices any of those tiny map tweaks.
they add so much! sometime i like wandering around because i'll stumble on something cool.
this season is "barrel wife" and the wolf howls in rebel's roost and the ducks scattered around the map, i think there were a few more...
i haven't found anything interactive yet like last season's beach shells.

though they NEVER god damned explained the secret hatch in the woods from spooky woods or whatever, i would visit that thing ever day to see if it opened. they even brought it back in the fortnite origins thing and STILL never explained it

also: the gong makes a gong noise when you hit it with your tool but the piano doesn't make a piano noise? for shame!!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Fortnite’s story IS the collabs at this point, which sounds like an absolute nightmare to manage for a writer so why even bother hiring one. It’s like trying to set a story inside a giant Toys R Us.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The 3 things I've likes from the environmental stuff are the society members being crossed off as they are eliminated as the season goes on, the cave with the coral Buddies starting to change, and the Glacier melting.

I'm real curious what the 3rd and final update will bring. Supposedly more snow is supposed to melt.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
they had a real writer on the comic book tie-ins presumably but lol i don't remember those going over well at all

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

parasyte posted:

they had a real writer on the comic book tie-ins presumably but lol i don't remember those going over well at all

Both the DC and Marvel tie-ins are pretty good. It was shocking.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The TMNT items are cool except they are shittier kinetic swords. Idk why they increased the wind-up and lowered the distance. Just reskinning and porting the swords would have everyone saying "PEAK".

Edit: I hope we get a 3rd wave of skins with bebop, rocksteady, Casey Jones, Baxter stockman, and krang's robosuit. TMNT are the perfect hosed guys for fortnite.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 9, 2024

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

MORE FREAKS MORE FREAKS MORE FREAKS

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The people demand the freaks

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Krang robosuit that plays his video game theme when you kill someone

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also Karai who given some of the skins is basically in the game already.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
It would be hilarious if they released Battletoads instead of bringing TMNT back tonight just for the simultaneous tears of anger and joy that would produce.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
But only the weird side characters and enemies not the toads or the villain lady

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
boards are back!

edit: MORE FREAKS

edit edit: also ninja turtle sales numbers! even a graph as an abstract! which is the most popular??

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Mikey. Because he is a party dude.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

Nash posted:

Mikey. Because he is a party dude.

Have you considered that Raphael is cool but rude

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Scuba Trooper posted:

Do you two want me to censor your names in this? Because I'm saving it forever to link to friends in context as it's my favorite thing I've seen on SA in a while.

Edit: Thanos snapped Hootington's name out for any future use by myself as requested.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 10, 2024

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I proudly sign my name to the more freaks movement

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
reported for non dark mode use

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Blorknorg posted:

Do you two want me to censor your names in this? Because I'm saving it forever to link to friends in context as it's my favorite thing I've seen on SA in a while.

Yes

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Scuba Trooper posted:

The last couple of Battlepass characters have been pretty dull due to their lack of freaks. The Renzo season was the last one I really liked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

The last couple of Battlepass characters have been pretty dull due to their lack of freaks. The Renzo season was the last one I really liked.

Really? Last battlepass I thought was bad was Wilds.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

TIL the forums have a dark mode.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

It's all about that ooze.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

the freaks are oozing and they will not stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU