Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

bird with big dick posted:

Hal Jordan is in the shadows of my rear end eating my poo poo

hal made some funny posts, something you've yet to achieve

:lol: snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Jelly posted:

I first learned about chavs on this website.

What are their political inclinations?

It's more a social strata thing than a political thing; its like the dogwhistle "urban" but for poorer people, it's how "comfy middle class" people want to refer to the working classes without saying "working classes" or "unemployed"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Grammarchist posted:

Structure fires in general are a lot less common across the board due to new building codes and other regulations as well. I guess it is relatively easy to filter out "cigarette lighter" as a cause when the cause is known though.

Not sure what the most common cause of fires is in my area right now, apart from meth. Stowing a recently run lawnmower by a gas can is up there.

It's actually a major secret problem that intersects with the Defund the Police debate, basically every major fire department in the US is extremely overfunded, they basically get paid to sit around and do nothing, they will regularly roll out full as ladder trucks to minor car accidents just because fire fighters are also EMTs.

Everyone knows they are extremely overfunded and have nothing to do and no one will touch a penny of their budgets, no one, it is a complete third-rail in local politics.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Defund Fire Departments... Let's see where this goes

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Three Olives posted:

It's actually a major secret problem that intersects with the Defund the Police debate, basically every major fire department in the US is extremely overfunded, they basically get paid to sit around and do nothing, they will regularly roll out full as ladder trucks to minor car accidents just because fire fighters are also EMTs.

Everyone knows they are extremely overfunded and have nothing to do and no one will touch a penny of their budgets, no one, it is a complete third-rail in local politics.

This is total bullshit.The majority of firefighters in the US are volunteers and Firefighters do double duty of performing EMS And Fire in the Seattle model. Lets see some loving evidence.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Three Olives posted:

It's amazing how no one comes after your department when it's visibly next to one filled with the literal worst people on the planet.

But it's not like we're defunding the police, anyway.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bottom Liner posted:

He freaked out about hot dogs and that was fuckin’ hilarious.

:nomnom:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Speaking of third rails where is republican drug orgy this weekend?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

now that hal died from tazing himself in the balls we are free to hornypost to our hearts content

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Haljordan = Biden
TM = Dark Brandon

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

emSparkly posted:

Haljordan = Biden
TM = Dark Brandon

Have they ever posted at the same time?

HAVE THEY?

I may be on to something. Or on something.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oscar Wild posted:

Speaking of third rails where is republican drug orgy this weekend?

In my butt :getin:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

emSparkly posted:

Haljordan = Biden
TM = Dark Brandon

One is a known gaffe machine, the other is cool as hell. :frogc00l:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Reservation for a R. Stone and companion

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Hollismason posted:

This is total bullshit.The majority of firefighters in the US are volunteers and Firefighters do double duty of performing EMS And Fire in the Seattle model. Lets see some loving evidence.

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/30/7079547/fire-firefighter-decline-medical

Just a quick Google, I've seen other more comprehensive breakdowns. Yes, firefighters do double duty in a lot of cases but they already overlap with existing EMS.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

hal is part of the deepstate, but I prefer to remain in the mediumstate generally

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Toxic Mental posted:

hal is part of the deepstate, but I prefer to remain in the mediumstate generally

Dipping my toe in the shallow state, as one does

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
hand tossed state

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm pretty alright with firefighters and ems being overpaid tbh

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
be nice if them being overpaid didnt translate to obscene charges for an ambulance that most likely wont be covered by insurance

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm kinda interested in this so called "intersection" between defunding the police, Vs any other emergency service & in who's mind it intersects.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

OMFG FURRY posted:

be nice if them being overpaid didnt translate to obscene charges for an ambulance that most likely wont be covered by insurance

The ambulance is a third party

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bottom Liner posted:

Nah

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If a firetruck pulls up to a house fire, sprays down the family with the hose then hacks them up with their axes while the house burns then they can go in the same category as pigs. Until then they do not intersect imo

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

withoutclass posted:

Absolutely, it's pronounced so-dee.

It rhymes with "chowder."

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

If a firetruck pulls up to a house fire, sprays down the family with the hose then hacks them up with their axes while the house burns then they can go in the same category as pigs. Until then they do not intersect imo

you forgot "...and then sprinkles some lighters on their bodies and kills their pets" but yeah.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

An Idaho lawmaker wants to expand a law that bans cannibalism over fears about a rise in human composting.

Rep. Heather Scott, R-Blanchard, introduced a bill Thursday to expand the state’s cannibalism ban and told a legislative committee that she’s worried about the possibility that people are eating other people.

“This is going to be normalized at some point, the way our society’s going and the direction we’re going,” Scott said.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

big nipples big life posted:

Yeah, there is an ACOB aspect to defund the police, but I think there has always been the safer side of the argument that the police waste massive amounts of money on all sorts of dumb poo poo like tanks, robot dogs, etc.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Three Olives has that "don't want the poors to be too comfortable" money.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Three Olives posted:

they roll fire trucks to car accidents because you often need lots of equipment to safely secure/evacuate people from inside of a damaged car

'sitting around doing nothing' downtime is a complete joke in actual urban centers (such as dallas) with professional fire & rescue, maybe people sit around all day if you are in some podunink nowheresvile. dallas fire actually recently stopped allowing EMS students from participating with them for EMS training because their call cadence was so extreme. students were passing out because they would be up all night responding to stabbings and poo poo

i literally wanted to go into EMS because of the idea that you 'chill and work out all day while responding to a few calls', plus 2 on 2 off sounded dope as gently caress, didn't take me long to realize that poo poo ain't true and left for another career

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 10, 2024

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
lol EMS doesn't get paid for *poo poo* in this country. The huge loving bills you get for an ambulance ride aren't paying the people doing the work they're giving the CEO their third gold plated superyacht with storage for their fourth yacht.

I took a pay cut going from McDonald's to an ambulance. The hours will also thoroughly loving destroy the rest of your life but overtime is the only way to pay rent.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Attacking Taylor Swift is a lesser degree of dick stepping than going after firefighters. When all the other problems are solved we can look at their budgets.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

But what if my plane crashes in the mountains and we have to eat the dead to stay Alive?

No exceptions for survival!!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Three Olives posted:

Yeah this isn't true and you should be forced to be a volunteer firefighter for this poo poo take.

Mods, banish him to the Fire Zone.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Sometimes 3Os posts a funny relatable thing. Sometimes he posts like an out of touch rich guy. He is a land of contrasts and therefore when the time comes we shall insure the guillotine is nice and sharp.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I am not currently on fire therefore firefighters have too big of a budget.

It's like when I was in IT and every CEO every wants to cut the budget because nothing is going wrong currently.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LMAO remember this poo poo?
https://packaged-media.redd.it/buso...d25f55140df#t=0
loving psychos

pray for your racist piss goblin crime lard.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

3O is the lefts equivalent of the “one of the good ones” minority who will not outlive the purge

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bottom Liner posted:

hal made some funny posts

What thread are they in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!