Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

They should take Piers Morgan and Kelvin MacKenzie and all them cunts, right, and crucify them along The Mall.

Like I'm very much opposed to the monarchy but if they started doing some breaking on the wheel and hanging in gibbets of the press bastards I'd be out waving a wee fleg like it's the Twelfth

E; what a snipe lol

The 228 Incident marked the beginning of a major KMT crackdown in Taiwan, and inaugurated several decades of the White Terror, which only ended with reforms in the late 80s and early 90s

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Piers Morgan in prison would be lovely.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Piers Morgan is an anagram of a prison germ

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1755979115432157474

Just going off the headline, I think this means we're getting coffee enemas and homeopathy as cancer treatment on the NHS :toot:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I've been working in London all week. I was told that drivers in London are all mad but apart from one or two dickheads they've been really decent. Except the bikers/mopeds, they will just pull out in front of you. Although I wouldn't like to live in London it was nice to get some free time to walk around all the different interesting looking shops.

Also Piers Morgan should have been arrested and imprisoned in the U.S. I don't know why or what for, but i feel it in my bones that it's right.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

bessantj posted:

I've been working in London all week. I was told that drivers in London are all mad but apart from one or two dickheads they've been really decent. Except the bikers/mopeds, they will just pull out in front of you. Although I wouldn't like to live in London it was nice to get some free time to walk around all the different interesting looking shops.

Also Piers Morgan should have been arrested and imprisoned in the U.S. I don't know why or what for, but i feel it in my bones that it's right.

I have to drive to London tomorrow to see my sister in hospital and clean her fridge out and I’m absolutely dreading it. Tried to do it public transport but would have been even worse.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

London traffic probably depends where you go, but as a kid whenever we went to London I was watching my dad basically do car acrobatics to not get us killed by infinite T-bones. I hope that the ULEZ rules and general public transport increases have decreased the amount of lovely drivers.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Generally traffic is so slow it’s mostly about positioning and asserting yourself. Nobody really wants to have a crash, and I find largely speaking that people are mostly courteous about letting each other out at junctions etc.

Most stressful thing for me whenever in a new area is not knowing the lanes/filtering as sometimes you don’t see the markings until too late. Getting caught in box junctions too.

E; my wife and I also have learned that when it comes to white vans, all bets are off, especially when it comes to cutting into long lines of waiting traffic. We just accept their creative driving and say “respect the craft”

Flux Wildly fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 9, 2024

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the trick to driving here, as with everything else in life, is simply to have an absolute unshakeable faith that you are doing the right thing and everyone else is wrong

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The absolute trick to driving there is having someone else do the driving (and do the whole car ownership thing)

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I rarely go to London for work, take public transport when I do to one of the two places there.

Getting into central London is a way enough but one of the places is up in Colindale which is a pain in the arse.

Interestingly enough the barber shop / internet cafe is round the corner and is now still some kind of beauty salon

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1755979115432157474

Just going off the headline, I think this means we're getting coffee enemas and homeopathy as cancer treatment on the NHS :toot:

absurd, the NHS abandoned homeopathy sixty years ago

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Flux Wildly posted:

Most stressful thing for me whenever in a new area is not knowing the lanes/filtering as sometimes you don’t see the markings until too late. Getting caught in box junctions too.

This is crazy as well, there are parts that I would swear on the life of my own dear mother that you cannot turn left but actually you can. To be fair after three days I could drive around most of the places without my sat nav. Also the amount of people who think it's just the best idea to wear all black and cross the road where there are no lights is phenomenal.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

mossyfisk posted:

absurd, the NHS abandoned homeopathy sixty years ago

Former Royal London Homeopathic Hospital (now Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine) only stopped NHS homeopathy in 2018.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

bessantj posted:

This is crazy as well, there are parts that I would swear on the life of my own dear mother that you cannot turn left but actually you can. To be fair after three days I could drive around most of the places without my sat nav. Also the amount of people who think it's just the best idea to wear all black and cross the road where there are no lights is phenomenal.

Also the occasional cyclists who wear all black at night with no or barely visible lights. I don't know how those guys are still alive.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1756067125666451577

He eats his pasty from the middle like every normal person

:allears:

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Driving in London is easy for the most part. There can be traffic if you're going somewhere dumb at a dumb time (central, rush hours, the wrong direction before or after a bank holiday, north London/A406) but it's not really challenging, just boring. It's all pretty orderly.

The only slightly dicey bit I regularly do is Earl's Court Road/A3220 either way. 3 lanes into 1-2 lanes with busses and coaches going north after the river. Going south some idiots struggle with the turn off West Cromwell Road.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/rivkahbrown/status/1756018338633789873

This after they tried and failed to expel her in favour of her abusive husband.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol I would not drive in london. Buts thats also partly because I would not go to london

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1756067125666451577

He eats his pasty from the middle like every normal person

:allears:

As the thread's official (honorary) Cornishman; this is definitely the worst thing Rishi Sunak has ever done.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eating the pasty from the middle is the sign of being a member of the aristocracy, you immediately seize upon the best, meatiest bit, knowing that you do not need to eat the sparsely filled crimp lest you hunger for the remainder of the day. The proletarian knows to stretch the filling over the entire pasty.

The Guardian please pay me to write 500 words on how rishi sunak eating his pasty shows he lusts for power.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

he'll have only been taking one bite before chucking it away and told to take that bite by a child that makes pasties

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

also we shouldnt criticise for this, its racist bacon sandwich poo poo.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Driving in London is fine. Manchester is where it’s at for fury road type antics. Bunch of loving lunatics. Quite good fun though.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Tesseraction posted:

infinite T-bones

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’m confused. What was so bad about posting that Sunak had visited your pasty shop?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobstar posted:

Funnily enough, we would only use 2A and 5A in theatre as part of the set, if the play's set in a British living room in the old days :)

The 15A is still in common use, which is like the round pin one there but scaled up to the size of 13A normal one. Also the mainstream plug type of South Africa for some reason.

Theatre's kind of slowly moving towards 16A ceeform but they're big and blue and ugly and the 15A is still allowed, so meh.
That's interesting. I knew the performing arts liked the :vuvu: plugs but was never sure why and assumed it was part of coming as a current gradated set.

South Africa tends to use the 15A round pin for heavy loads and the 2 pin Europlug for small loads like lights and radios now, like if the UK decided to have shaver plugs alongside 3 pin ones.

Honestly, I like the idea of separating the many devices people use that consume next to nothing like phone chargers and TV boxes and LED lamps from things like heaters and toasters and dehumidifiers. They're almost two completely different types of residential service.

otoh I once wired a pub with the 5A ones for their table lamps in the booths, for the single requirement that they didn't want people unplugging the lights to charge their phones, and a simple pin incompatibility worked well enough for that.

And yeah, 16A ceeform are big and blue and ugly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

I’m confused. What was so bad about posting that Sunak had visited your pasty shop?

Would you want to risk being associated with him?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Tories aren't liked by the poor people in Cornwall, and poor people eat pasties. It was very bad marketing for the shop, unless they'd somehow laced the pasty with ricin and were playing the long game

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 10, 2024

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/rivkahbrown/status/1756018338633789873

This after they tried and failed to expel her in favour of her abusive husband.

I remember during the trial of Lutfur Rahman, that the judge pointed out how obviously stupid it was that Labour hadn't kicked him out for his bullshit years before he started sending his goons round to intimidate voters at polling stations.
I guess there are some people embedded deep in the party who find that kind of Muslim perfectly fine, but female Muslims a bridge too far.
Maybe someone should ask the Shadow Paymaster General what's going on. I bet his wife knows.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

literally just a case of showing anything other than disdain for the fucker gets the local community pissed at you

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/carolvorders/status/1756071370109100352

:toot:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

when Trump won in 2016 his grandfather's hometown's bakery in Germany made a cake to celebrate his inauguration as a "look, our tiny little village has produced a world leader!" one-day thing and had no sales for weeks because the locals were furious about the implication that Trump was anything other than a tragedy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

stop posting your failed image searches for "hitler with big tits"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Hey at least Sunak really did visit the pasty shop unlike Cameron in the #pastygate affair.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

gently caress Guido, but he has a lovely writeup about Piss Morgan: https://order-order.com/2024/02/09/murdoch-sacks-morgan-youtube-channel-spin-doesnt-add-up/

quote:

Don’t believe the spin, just 2 years into his 3 year deal with Rupert Murdoch and with no sign of it working, Piers is out of TalkTV. Spin from him that he is shifting the show to YouTube to escape the “unnecessary straitjacket” and no longer having to be a “slave to the schedule” are face-saving lines. He had a prime-time slot and he failed to win an audience despite all the hype from the Sun and Times plus the unprecedented promotional marketing budget. Guido has it on good authority that in New York it was Rupert Murdoch himself that pulled the trigger on Morgan.

TalkTV is being pared back, the single biggest budget line item was Piers and he wasn’t delivering an audience to match his ego. The dream of a global Piers show broadcast in London, going out in Australia and the US simply didn’t work. Fox News didn’t want to touch Piers. Australian viewers didn’t care for the frequent British Z-list guests. The big name interviews that would pull audiences in all those markets were too few and far between. The show was at first downsized and after 2 years of mostly losing to Nigel Farage on GB News, dropped.

Piers is putting the best spin on it that he can, that he is excited for his YouTube “start-up”, however the economics of YouTube will not work for his show. He boasts about his 2.3 million YouTube subscribers and that his interview with Ronaldo was watched six million times. Take a look at how his last 5 shows performed on YouTube:

etc. etc.

I swear Morgan was close to crying when he gave his announcement that he was switching to youtube :allears:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Maybe he should try doing unboxing videos instead.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm fine with Piers doing boxing videos too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

How long until Piers and Kelvin are arrested?