Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

MassRafTer posted:

Foley said the right thing until he decided to express a very stupid feeling and there's probably a good chance if he's asked about it the right way he'd apologize. Bret Hart said something much much worse about Rita and eventually apologized.

Kevin Nash on the other hand thought the wrong thing and expressed them even worse.

Yeah, Nash's comment is remorseless, senseless garbage. Foley just seems like a guy who has complicated and conflicting feelings about McMahon, which is not particularly surprising. And it's clear he recognizes the severity of the allegations given the Benoit comment. People are people at the end of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nash's comments are just the ignorant uninformed garbage of a man who's obviously very proud of how stupid he is. He took that extremely bizarre and misogynist swipe at Ann Callis calling her credentials into question -- the woman is a former judge, for God's sake. He would've known that if he'd spent one second researching her. He either didn't bother, because he's stupid or he was just trying to insult her, because he's terrible.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Foley's at least feels like with time he will reckon with a lot of his immediate feelings and come to a better conclusion. I'm not going to defend it because it's a worse response than Seth Rollins of all people gave, but it's hardly on the Nash level. There's no way he didn't know something though, considering everyone he says he's been close to over the years. Eesh.

We are watching people go through the grief cycle in real time so maybe we should give a bit of grace for when they come through to the acceptance stage. Foley is still clearly in the denial stage so it’ll be a while.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Professor Funk posted:

There are people signing up for this forum in 2023?!

There are dozens of us!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah, agreed with all the followup. "A human reaction" sums it up, and he definitely should be extended some grace. Certainly not the worst response we've seen so far. :sigh:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

sorry but it beings me no pleasure to annouce that Mick Foley and Kevin "Big Sexy" Nash jave been compromised to a permanent end for their words

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kevin Nash sucks rear end

Mick Foley said something extremely dumb and we can all hope he is able to rethink some of his particulars on the response. I think I get where his mind is at, but also buddy come the heck on. This is bigger than the memories you've got of the man.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Suplex Liberace posted:

sorry but it beings me no pleasure to annouce that Mick Foley and Kevin "Big Sexy" Nash jave been compromised to a permanent end for their words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-GU4Vzr0-4&t=88s

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm glad we cancelled Nash because while I agree with everyone that he was brilliant for making as much money as possible while doing the minimum amount of work, as a fan I always felt screwed by him because he clearly didn't give a poo poo about putting on good matches for the audiences who paid to see him wrestle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm glad we cancelled Nash because while I agree with everyone that he was brilliant for making as much money as possible while doing the minimum amount of work, as a fan I always felt screwed by him because he clearly didn't give a poo poo about putting on good matches for the audiences who paid to see him wrestle

I am going to let you in on a little secret. Kevin Nash wasn't a worker doing as little as he could to make as much as he could.

He was actually management loving over other workers. The people who try to pretend he was extremely leftist in WCW are acting in bad faith.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nash will never admit it but he absolutely got lost in the politics and locker room drama when he was in WCW and really overestimated how much fans knew or cared about any of that poo poo. As a fan, he came off like an unprofessional rear end in a top hat who got in the way of things I actually wanted to see.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

I am going to let you in on a little secret. Kevin Nash wasn't a worker doing as little as he could to make as much as he could.

He was actually management loving over other workers. The people who try to pretend he was extremely leftist in WCW are acting in bad faith.

I never said he was leftist. I'm glad he screwed Bischoff and Turner out of a ton of money. But when you're a wrestler you should actually wrestle once in a while and try to put on actual good matches for people who paid to see that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

i always found it weird how that narrative got twisted over the years when he was probably one of the most oppressive guys in WCW and was a huge part of the talent and viewer exodus at the time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

I never said he was leftist. I'm glad he screwed Bischoff and Turner out of a ton of money. But when you're a wrestler you should actually wrestle once in a while and try to put on actual good matches for people who paid to see that

nash actively got in the way of pushes for a lot of other wrestlers. he isnt the wily For The Workers Grift The Management folk hero the last several years have tried to champion him as.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i always found it weird how that narrative got twisted over the years when he was probably one of the most oppressive guys in WCW and was a huge part of the talent and viewer exodus at the time

The Big Damo rule of wrestlers is so universal in its application that people get real, real excited about anyone who says stuff that isn't actively the worst.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I can say with confidence I always thought Kevin Nash sucked big time. He may say the right thing here and there but over all he's a cock.

He and Scott Hall kinda deserved each other.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I hate to fantasy book, but why not just have Roman v Rock on Night 1, Dwayne wins the championship from Roman

and then Cody v Rock on Night 2, where Cody Wins over on Rock, so he gets the WWE Championship and "finishes the story".

Make Dwayne Wrestle TWICE "Once in a Lifetime'.

this whole storyline sucks rear end, and I'm more excited about Judgement Day and R-Truth and The Miz

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

I can say with confidence I always thought Kevin Nash sucked big time. He may say the right thing here and there but over all he's a cock.

He and Scott Hall kinda deserved each other.

I was hopeful he didn't suck because of his occasionally saying the right thing, but yeah this is indisputable. His friend HHH is in deep poo poo, and he's putting himself there too by association and explicit defense

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I hate to fantasy book, but why not just have Roman v Rock on Night 1, Dwayne wins the championship from Roman

and then Cody v Rock on Night 2, where Cody Wins over on Rock, so he gets the WWE Championship and "finishes the story".

Make Dwayne Wrestle TWICE "Once in a Lifetime'.

Dwayne's gassed just talking (and there were a lot of posts about him being blown up looking in just 30 seconds of wrestling-interaction with Jinder), and his last actual match a decade ago saw him pull a Punk and tear everything. He didn't have it in him for even one Rumble elimination last month, he doesn't have it in him for two actual matches in two days a few months from now

Punk is done; Dwayne is done

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

Dwayne's gassed just talking (and there were a lot of posts about him being blown up looking in just 30 seconds of wrestling-interaction with Jinder), and his last actual match a decade ago saw him pull a Punk and tear everything. He didn't have it in him for even one Rumble elimination last month, he doesn't have it in him for two actual matches in two days a few months from now

Punk is done; Dwayne is done

Orton looked like he was about to have a stroke at the end of his match on Smackdown.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXufsnPfHs

it's daniel bryan 2.0 but this time Executive Number 1 is the hero

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chaunders posted:

Yeah I love being probated and then lectured by someone who’s been watching wrestling since 2008 about how I can’t enjoy a lifelong hobby anymore :swoon:

Meanwhile this other thread right here literally says this up the top:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052812

This thread has been created at the request of the moderators to contain all discussion of the current scandal to one thread. The allegations contained in the lawsuit against Vince McMahon, Johnny Ace/John Laurinaitis and WWE are extremely disturbing and many posters would understandably like to not be confronted with graphic depictions of abuse in unrelated threads. Furthermore, please try to keep this thread civil, there is no need to attack other posters.

But hey, let’s completely ignore that I guess. Let me contribute to more meaningful and interesting WWE discussion for this thread then: Vince is still bad guys. Rape is still bad everyone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Monkeh…

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

please give me mod powers to kill epic rereg guys

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Cody Rhodes of Life has weighed in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

please give me mod powers to kill epic rereg guys

No give me the mod powers to kill epic rereg guys (everyone with a regdate of 2010+ is an epic rereg guy)

e: Nov 2010+

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hefty Leftist posted:

I really thought the payoff here was gonna be "the only authority here.....IS THE FANS :haw:" but he really went for "the real authority is MEEEEE :mad:"

Watching a power struggle between all of these guys play out in real time on TV is loving weird.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

never doubt Triple H to get himself over at the expense of other, more talented, hotter talent

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hefty Leftist posted:

never doubt Triple H to get himself over at the expense of other, more talented, hotter talent

i fully expect Cody will be wrestling at WrestleMania against Kevin Nash

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lid posted:

i fully expect Cody will be wrestling at WrestleMania against Kevin Nash

that doesn't work for hulk hogan, brother

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hunter is scared to wrestle dwayne but he wants it to feel like that and he's the hero and he beats the rock and proves he was a bigger star

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Coming to the comprehension that the person responsible for the greatest time of your life (at the very least from a professional standpoint) is an irredeemable monster in human skin would be a gut punch to anybody to say the least.
This might be bigger than him but...just expecting somebody to see that objectively is a tough ask.

Oh I'm referring specifically to Foley and not Nash. gently caress Nash. There's trying to reconcile your life with reality then there's throwing blame at the victims in doing so.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 10, 2024

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
Epic rereg guys! I knew it was them! Even when it was the podcasters, i knew it was them!!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Look, some of us didn't come here for 10 years and don't have the email to their old account anymore. And it's not like anyone answers support emails. :mad:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hefty Leftist posted:

COULD. IT. BE? 👁🤯✊️🤌👁

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's hilarious to me that they put Cody on the right side of all the graphics to hide his neck tattoo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

An Taoiseach posted:

Epic rereg guys! I knew it was them! Even when it was the podcasters, i knew it was them!!

this phenomenon has gotta be studied

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this phenomenon has gotta be studied

Tony Khan has commissioned a study leading to the whereabouts of the ergs… and his findings will shock you

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dango Bango posted:

It's hilarious to me that they put Cody on the right side of all the graphics to hide his neck tattoo

Good, it's hideous

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The logo of a third tier Punisher villain.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Majinfoose posted:

Good, it's hideous

dont disrespect the flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

oh so now self expression that dosent hurt anyone is bad