Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they unironically did a great job on the aesthetics of the photography, too, which makes it more shameful imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Phthisis posted:

the wham dessert sauce is definitely the curse there

that poo poo is a lootable in a sci-fi game to show how far society has drifted from the concept of food

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they unironically did a great job on the aesthetics of the photography, too, which makes it more shameful imo
The hell they did, it looks like they used a free "HDR" plugin and did the settings wrong as a joke

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the colors work with the super mannered hdr, for some reason

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phthisis posted:

the toxic waste sour slime syrup seems like a totally acceptable vaguely fun thing for a child. I can picture myself being into that when i was like 11 or whatever.

the wham dessert sauce is definitely the curse there

I'd say the curse is that at first glance that looks like the cleaners shelf, not a food shelf.

Which is fine for tweens, but could be bad if you have little tots in the house. Next thing you know your toddler is guzzling Lysol.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Findus kalapuikkoa
Oolannin Lankkuperunat
Herne
Kermaviili
Tilli

I have everything in my fridge/freezer to make this right now and I’m tempted. :finland:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

This is making me want something like an appletini that tastes like atomic warheads candy.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I do not understand how you can make a Wham syrup that has "no artifical colours or flavours" What is left without those?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I saw Molded Crab Louis on his last live performance, :rip:.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Facebook Aunt posted:

Next thing you know your toddler is guzzling Lysol.

I mean, that kid was never gonna be a winner and you can always have another

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Edmund Sparkler posted:

This is making me want something like an appletini that tastes like atomic warheads candy.

The sourness in warheads and other sour candies is from malic acid if you want to attempt this

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Is that not what an appletini already is? I thought the neon green ones were green sour apple snaps.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Pookah posted:

I do not understand how you can make a Wham syrup that has "no artifical colours or flavours" What is left without those?
A wake me up before you roux-roux.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Creature posted:

Findus kalapuikkoa
Oolannin Lankkuperunat
Herne
Kermaviili
Tilli

I have everything in my fridge/freezer to make this right now and I’m tempted. :finland:

If you do this, I'll give you the gang tag of your choice (you must supply the gang tag image).

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
The final two Candy Can flavors, I came across yet another flavor today when shopping:

Bubblegum is actually nowhere near as strong in taste as I was worrying about, it's a fairly mild flavor.

Sour apple is more of a candy taste, more sweet than sour overall.

Turns out despite initial appearances this stuff is actually quite good overall. Just not the rocket ice lolly one. Gonna have to try and see how well they mix with vodka sometime.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My only disappointment there is that there weren't candy cane or candy corn flavors, both of which I misread the Candy Can label as previously.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Does the bubblegum soda taste like just Big Red?

Not surprised the apple flavor is good. Green apple flavoring tends to be pretty solid.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I always appreciate when they give you duplicates of the small pieces in children's toys in case you lose one.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

SlothfulCobra posted:

Not surprised the apple flavor is good. Green apple flavoring tends to be pretty solid.

Considering I've never had Big Red I can't comment on that. It does taste of the more classic less sweet bubblegum though. I also got the Toffee Apple and Cotton Candy ones again because they were pretty dang good.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

My only disappointment there is that there weren't candy cane or candy corn flavors, both of which I misread the Candy Can label as previously.

I had a candy cane soda a couple months ago. It was clear in a glass bottle and tasted exactly like a candy cane. It was fine but unnecessary.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

I haven't thought about Big Red in ages, but I'm proud ashamed to say that their drat extended jingle immediately played in my head in its entirety when I read your post. I remember the dumbest poo poo. :sigh:

eta: The gum, that is, not the soda.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I had a candy cane soda a couple months ago. It was clear in a glass bottle and tasted exactly like a candy cane. It was fine but unnecessary.

I'd be curious to try it. I love peppermint but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's my the greatest soda ever.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

zedprime posted:

I always appreciate when they give you duplicates of the small pieces in children's toys in case you lose one.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/easterngoblin/status/1756123935551205558

https://twitter.com/eviicherub/status/1756053272371024349

Ror has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Feb 11, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Have a snip

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
what the gently caress

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'd drink it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Whooping Crabs posted:

The sourness in warheads and other sour candies is from malic acid if you want to attempt this
Oh word? I already have a bag of apple cider vinegar powder...

I would have expected citric acid though. Which I also have a bag of.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

FFT posted:

Oh word? I already have a bag of apple cider vinegar powder...

I would have expected citric acid though. Which I also have a bag of.

Citric acid is also in warheads, it's just less sour

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

SlothfulCobra posted:

This would be terrible since Big Red is that horribly strong fake cinnamon flavor.

I’d expect bubblegum flavor to taste like the regular pink sweet stuff.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Imperador do Brasil posted:

This would be terrible since Big Red is that horribly strong fake cinnamon flavor.

I’d expect bubblegum flavor to taste like the regular pink sweet stuff.

Big Red gum and Big Red soda are different things. The latter is a red cream soda, which often taste like bubble gum.

Now that I think about it, though, I don't think I've ever seen cinnamon soda, and that sounds good to me. I remember being really into the cinnamon Coke they made a few years ago.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Why and when did cinnamon get associated with “hot” anyway?

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Because if you chomp into a giant spoon of cinnamon it will have some heat to it, similar to ginger though not as intense.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

hot cinnamon candy can be fun on occasion.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

By popular demand posted:

hot cinnamon candy can be fun on occasion.

cinnamon red hots on cookies are delicious.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
If we're talking candy wtf is going on with "boston baked beans" and why did my grandma always have them?

Why do these exist? Why do I love them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Hmmmm

https://snackstack.net/2021/11/10/the-snack-that-was-the-other-necco-treat/