Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Claiming multiple postmortem conversations with dead leaders is a stutter actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
It's only a gaffe in the Trump region, otherwise it should be referred to as sparking political acumen

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

is pepsi ok posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1756287226726474184#m

Great idea, get Joe out there so he can prove everyone wrong.

I saw that and laughed at the 89 year old venture capitalist quoted in the article agreeing that more Biden would prove his detractors wrong.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Andorra posted:

Biden says things that make no sense, but this is a clever reference to the opening cutscene to Zero Wing. Joe Biden is hip with the kids and the current internet jokes.

The Mitterand thing is because he just saw the Birdcage, he's meta, folks, he's operating on 6D chess.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

We delayed our wedding til 3/14/15. We got a witness and signed the paperwork at 9:26 in the morning but had the ceremony at a normal time because we didnt want out guests to put up with our bullshit too much

fuckin NEEEEEEEEEERDS

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

discoukulele posted:

Claiming multiple postmortem conversations with dead leaders is a stutter actually.

I would just lean in. William Lyon Mackenzie King had séances while Prime Minister and it was considered a harmless eccentricity.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

A couple family members have told me, with no apparent irony, that they are fleeing to Canada if Trump is elected, and god drat is it hard not to laugh

I am starting to sincerely wonder if some liberals have forgotten that trump was president already, presumably as an act of solidarity with biden

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

I am starting to sincerely wonder if some liberals have forgotten that trump was president already, presumably as an act of solidarity with biden

"If Trump wins he's going to do [list of bad things that happened while Biden was president]! But if you vote for Biden then he will do [list of good things Biden promised to do last time and never followed through on]!"

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

The other honestly really funny thing is that Sisi being called the Mexican is a meme on Egyptian twitter because some guy posted a video of himself to protest high prices and hosed up saying Sisi's name

There's a real possibility Biden was briefed on this meme as it's spreading among anti-sisi folks in Egypt, and then this info caused the Mexico gaffe

I, too, believe that the man that regularly can't even speak human language before wandering off like a wrinkly toddler in the middle of speeches was actually just dropping a subtle hint about an internet meme briefing he had received.

This makes Biden the most powerful shitposter in the world as he retains extremely obscure regional memes from all around the world while not knowing who his wife is, how his son died, when he was vice president or the names of participants in active warzones.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
maybe biden's not senile. maybe he just hit his head falling out of a coconut tree.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

For technocrats who are obsessed with credentials and job competency, the number of gaffes we're expected to forgive because he's an old man is pretty high. I would think the President shouldn't be an average dope, but instead a sort of Buckaroo Banzai type figure -- a physicist, neurosurgeon, test pilot, and rock star, and super hero all in one.

But rather than being what they imagine Obama to be, we instead have a bumbling fool who wants to tell us about the time when Beau was a teenager, and he and that Dobie Gillis boy tried to impress Thalia Menninger by dressing real nice like that rich kid Warren Beatty and speaking about their affairs with older women, but instead accidentally made the entire school think that he was in love with their math teacher Mrs. Adams...

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I love how the implicit statement here is "let Ukrainian kids fight and die so we don't have to"

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Peace with Russia?

What are you? A loving moron?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Are massacres good or bad? Make up your mind!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

We delayed our wedding til 3/14/15. We got a witness and signed the paperwork at 9:26 in the morning but had the ceremony at a normal time because we didnt want out guests to put up with our bullshit too much

You're lucky I'm not an IK, posting something like that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

spacemang_spliff posted:

We gotta fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here

No he said battlefields in Europe. There is no risk of ever having to fight them here. We still gotta fight them over there though.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

spacemang_spliff posted:

I missed this whole elmo thing what is wesley butthurt about

elmo was loving assaulted on camera by larry david, wheaton was rightfully traumatized by this brutal violence and lashed out at the heartless fiends who thought it was funny that a man attacked a puppet

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

:burger::pigsballs:

ProfessorBooty has issued a correction as of 16:25 on Feb 10, 2024

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If we don't give Raytheon a kajillion dollars the Russkis will come pouring through the Fulda Gap

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

the Saturn devouring his Son painting but it's me with a Hot Pocket

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

still can't believe this isn't chicken wings

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ever since I realized that’s not chicken wings but a cinnamon roll this picture has been about 100 times funnier.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

I missed this whole elmo thing what is wesley butthurt about

I had to look it up and I didn’t have sound on so maybe that makes it bad somehow but nothing about it seems worth freaking out about

I chose this video because the footage plays in the first few seconds so you won’t have to watch long
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zITD_I1xKpE

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Every one of these people making excuses for Biden would absolutely flip their poo poo if their Uber driver missed a turn

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gripweed posted:

Are massacres good or bad? Make up your mind!

Massacres for thee, not for me.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Nix Panicus posted:

Every one of these people making excuses for Biden would absolutely flip their poo poo if their Uber driver missed a turn

covfefe

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

While obviously their words mean nothing and they're used to pivoting entire narratives on command, I do get the feeling how liberals have had to repeatedly discard their entire supposed narratives, motivations and investment repeatedly over the last decade, has taken its toll. I'm pretty sure there's been more and more attrition as the contradictions get too much, and others have checked out.

I can't imagine having to devote so many :words: to saying IT'S JUST A STUTTER

B B
Dec 1, 2005

The panic among liberals from the report and press conference is almost palpable. This election season is gonna be really fuckin' funny.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

The weird thing about all of this is Biden obviously already had late stage dementia in 2020 but everyone is acting like it just happened now. He was unintelligible at some of the primary debates and was hidden for the most part outside of some pre-taped and edited interviews but he did have a few lucid moments I assume drug cocktails helped with.

Like just now, in 2024, is the doddering old man going senile. He didn't know who his wife was on the campaign trail and there are credible reports of him literally making GBS threads his pants but NOW he is senile. Now we need to worry.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

is pepsi ok posted:

wow, the last 48 hours have been powerful. millions of democrats across the country all joining together to support their president by proudly declaring "it's ok, i'm retarded too!"

just like when Ana Mardoll got run out of twitter when it came out that he was a nepotism hire at Lockheed Martin, and suddenly a bunch of the people who were big fans of his particular brand of scolding came out in his defense and started talking about all the arms dealers they worked for

Ana Mardoll was this guy, by the way:

https://twitter.com/francisxwolf/status/1756191114569162973

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ramie posted:

just like when Ana Mardoll got run out of twitter when it came out that he was a nepotism hire at Lockheed Martin, and suddenly a bunch of the people who were big fans of his particular brand of scolding came out in his defense and started talking about all the arms dealers they worked for

Ana Mardoll was this guy, by the way:

https://twitter.com/francisxwolf/status/1756191114569162973

Jesus loving Christ.

I wish I could better pin down what the performative weakness coupled with scolding is or why it's so contemptible, but goddamn.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Rectal Death Alert posted:

The weird thing about all of this is Biden obviously already had late stage dementia in 2020 but everyone is acting like it just happened now. He was unintelligible at some of the primary debates and was hidden for the most part outside of some pre-taped and edited interviews but he did have a few lucid moments I assume drug cocktails helped with.

Like just now, in 2024, is the doddering old man going senile. He didn't know who his wife was on the campaign trail and there are credible reports of him literally making GBS threads his pants but NOW he is senile. Now we need to worry.

In 2020, Biden at least had the pandemic as an excuse to hide in his basement. Now his party has declared that Covid Is Over, so he has to get out there and show how dementia addled he is.

At least the State of the Union (if it happens) might be entertaining for the first time in its entire existence.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

A couple family members have told me, with no apparent irony, that they are fleeing to Canada if Trump is elected, and god drat is it hard not to laugh

remember that site during the bush years that offered to match u.s. citizens with canadian citizens for marriages of convenience?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Willa Rogers posted:

remember that site during the bush years that offered to match u.s. citizens with canadian citizens for marriages of convenience?

Yeah, Plenty of Fish.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Larry David, that was not okay.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Thoguh posted:

Ever since I realized that’s not chicken wings but a cinnamon roll this picture has been about 100 times funnier.

it was an incredible moment I wish I could relive, learning that those are not chicken wings

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

I wish I could better pin down what the performative weakness coupled with scolding is or why it's so contemptible, but goddamn.

It's how you close the cognitive dissonance of wanting the status quo to continue because you benefit from it, but also not wanting to appear to be someone who wants the status quo to continue because you are well aware that most people are getting crushed by it and you want people to think you are a good person.

I totally support Good Thing but now's not the right time and you're not going about it the right way and it was probably gonna fail anyway so let's just stay the course. Wait, what do you mean you're gonna try something else to get the results you want? That's not allowed, get your rear end back in line!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

The Pussy Boss posted:

Ah, the strategy of trying to flee a far-right wing government for one that applauded a literal Nazi. Can't go wrong.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Liberals refused to believe the poo poo right in front of their face until a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL told them it was true. Just the most bitchmade sheep in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Bishyaler posted:

Liberals refused to believe the poo poo right in front of their face until a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL told them it was true. Just the most bitchmade sheep in the world

lol and their complaint is not that it's untrue but that it's indecorous.