Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

An rear end to surpass Metal Gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Metal Rear?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skull & Bones has an open beta and surprise surprise it is trash. It looks like a last gen game and is full of just bizarre choices. Like why the people who pull your character out of the water at the beginning put you in charge.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Just how much would they have repaid to Singapore given that they really wanted to can the game?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Haven't they worked on it since Black Flag? That's a long time ago in gamedev terms.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it's been delayed 7 different times

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was announced seven years ago.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

It was announced seven years ago.

and yet In Dev for 11 years lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That is without doubt the worst pirate game I've ever heard of

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I keep getting ads for it on Youtube and it has this song that goes like "LONG LIVE THE MELONPAULTS", melonpaults being a weapon in the popular tower defence video game "Plants vs. Zombies".

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
I keep seeing it advertised on Twitch but the advert is not in English. I don't even know what the language is

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I keep seeing it advertised on Twitch but the advert is not in English. I don't even know what the language is

deepdream AI pseudolanguage. fret not, biological, the message is not intended for your kind.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm playing a bit of Saints Row 4 right now and while it's pretty zany, it's also very clear that the world isn't designed for your superpowers. For instance, the world is littered with shiny power dinguses like in Crackdown, mostly on rooftops. But the houses still have roofs that stand out from the wall, so you can't stand right next to the house and jump up, because you'll bounce off the underhanging roof.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I keep getting ads for it on Youtube and it has this song that goes like "LONG LIVE THE MELONPAULTS", melonpaults being a weapon in the popular tower defence video game "Plants vs. Zombies".

No you're not getting away with this, it's a Melon-pult.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

AcidCat posted:

That's an awful lazy portmanteau. It's not even a pun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wonder if the saints row 4 christmas dlc still crashes constantly on my computer

Well with the sheer amount of computer parts I've gone thru in the past ten years... who could say

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The classic Gaming Rig of Theseus conundrum

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

The classic Gaming Rig of Theseus conundrum

I just switched out the last component from my first PC! It's a powerful feeling.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

"but if I've replaced all the parts in my gaming computer, can we even say it's the same computer?" idk are you still bottom-scoring?? the individual components may be impermanent but your place on the scoreboard sure ain't.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Far Cry 6 gave me another fun surprise when Dani started singing along to Livin' la Vida Loca. Yes it's just stealing a bit from Saints Row, but it's still fun and the VA really gets into it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Philippe posted:

I'm playing a bit of Saints Row 4 right now and while it's pretty zany, it's also very clear that the world isn't designed for your superpowers. For instance, the world is littered with shiny power dinguses like in Crackdown, mostly on rooftops. But the houses still have roofs that stand out from the wall, so you can't stand right next to the house and jump up, because you'll bounce off the underhanging roof.

Yeah SR4 was goofy fun, but it's very clear they just copied and pasted the SR3 city -and even said as much relatively early in development. We all hoped that meant it was gonna be the same jump in quality 1 to 2 had, since 2 reused 1's map, but made it better by layering in all sorts of life to the city like shops and actual things in the nooks and crannies other than collectables and a decent story for the time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Philippe posted:

PYF Metal Gear rear end

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

AcidCat posted:

This is the most ashamed I've felt for the past two hours.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Smash Ultimate's online mode is fancier but honestly way worse than Smash 4's. Between not being able to change characters, the GSP scores that should be ignored but get everyone all neurotic, and the fact that you get kicked out of your matchup whenever your GSP puts your character in or out of Elite Smash (which can happen over and over again forever), they absolutely tanked rematches!

In 4 you'd get several matches out of every opponent like 95% of the time, while in Ultimate you get 1 match like 80% of the time and maybe 2 matches an additional 10% of the time. It stinks! I like getting to know an opponent and trying different fighters against them, especially if they're better than me.

Though on the bright side it encourages you to never play Smash online.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
We'll bang, ok?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Her dad made her into the perfect woman, with big old bahooblies and a round badonk.

You know, like a normal dad would.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah SR4 was goofy fun, but it's very clear they just copied and pasted the SR3 city -and even said as much relatively early in development. We all hoped that meant it was gonna be the same jump in quality 1 to 2 had, since 2 reused 1's map, but made it better by layering in all sorts of life to the city like shops and actual things in the nooks and crannies other than collectables and a decent story for the time.

SR4 originally was just supposed to be dlc for 3 but they expanded it to a whole game. Although this was also and around when THQ was falling apart so they didn't have a ton of budget.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Earth getting destroyed at the start of Saints Row IV spoiled the whole thing for me. Part of the fun of these mayhem & chaos games is very specifically that it's actually happening.

edit: Yakuza explained why the Don Don Don Quijote in Kamurocho got replaced with a police station between games. It's really not hard to use the same exact space but uniquely dressed without some stupid bullshit about earth getting blown up

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Feb 10, 2024

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

CJacobs posted:

edit: Yakuza explained why the Don Don Don Quijote in Kamurocho got replaced with a police station between games. It's really not hard to use the same exact space but uniquely dressed without some stupid bullshit about earth getting blown up

Don Quijote getting replaced by a pigpen is a worse fate than the earth exploding.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's the second largest pirate game let-down I've ever seen!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The marketing for SR4 also put a massive emphasis on President Boss only for it to not matter past the first five minutes. Which is maybe the joke? But combined with the virtual world stuff it really drains away literally any kind of grounding.

I still maintain that the aliens should have coincidentally had three sub-factions with Zinyak at the top to mirror the format of previous games in a silly way.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

But you have heard of it

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Coolness Averted posted:

Steelport was a fundamentally worse map than Stillwater just on layout alone. It didn’t have a lot that you could layer in to make it more vibrant because it just kind of had “downtown with skyscrapers” and “outskirts”.

Stillwater did a great job of feeling like a city because it had stuff like the university/mall/stadium with the area around it reflecting what it was built around. The base was fundamentally solid so they could just keep doing detail passes since you already had variety and a sense of place. I don’t see how you make Steelport interesting without making it a whole new map with a new name.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I abandoned IV in favor of the reboat (curse you, videogame ADHD), and the same is true there. There are a bunch of different districts in Santa Ileso, and they do manage to feel different.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I didn't think the reboot had a bad story but it played bad. Like just didn't feel good to do anything.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

I didn't think the reboot had a bad story but it played bad. Like just didn't feel good to do anything.

Yea, its weird that something just feels off about the whole thing. Any interaction with the world doesn't feel right, I can't even figure out why either.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I do have some problems with it. It's pretty janky: sometimes my car jumps ten feet in the air because I ran over a fence or something, driving too quickly tanks the framerate, and quitting the game feels like it's intentionally crashing.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Opopanax posted:

Far Cry 6 gave me another fun surprise when Dani started singing along to Livin' la Vida Loca. Yes it's just stealing a bit from Saints Row, but it's still fun and the VA really gets into it
Look, sometimes when a real jam comes on the radio, you just gotta pause what you're supposed to be doing and sing along as loud as you can. Going to pick up groceries midweek, about to assault an international border crossing, doesn't matter.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I love the female Dani version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-yvt5G_x-Y

Vic has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Feb 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Far Cry 6: I'm disappointed that more of the voice actors aren't Cuban. I'm an Assassin's Creed fan (for my sins) and that series is generally pretty good about hiring actors from the place the game is set in, but Cuba Yara? No, you get Canadians and Americans.