Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just ran the Scaramouche boss fight for the first time in a while again and am I crazy or does Raiden get some sort of damage boost on him in his 2nd phase where you knock him down and have to get up on that platform while your bursts get a complete recharge across the board for that final DPS push. Like I realize I recently got C2 Raiden off the last banner, and was using my usual Ayaka/Raiden/Yae/Kokomi Inazuman Royalty Dream Team and Raiden was doing like 20K damage per strike (60K overall per charge attack) which I've never seen her do before on anything. No food consumed, just superconductive debuff active and possibly a little bit of electro-charged off of Kokomi's jellyfish. Typically Raiden's damage for me with my current setup (again not a min maxer by any stretch here) is 8-11K on crit per hit. Needless to say like 60% of the final wave of damage on him was Raiden alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009

Kale posted:

Just ran the Scaramouche boss fight for the first time in a while again and am I crazy or does Raiden get some sort of damage boost on him in his 2nd phase where you knock him down and have to get up on that platform while your bursts get a complete recharge across the board for that final DPS push. Like I realize I recently got C2 Raiden off the last banner, and was using my usual Ayaka/Raiden/Yae/Kokomi Inazuman Royalty Dream Team and Raiden was doing like 20K damage per strike (60K overall per charge attack) which I've never seen her do before on anything. No food consumed, just superconductive debuff active and possibly a little bit of electro-charged off of Kokomi's jellyfish. Typically Raiden's damage for me with my current setup (again not a min maxer by any stretch here) is 8-11K on crit per hit. Needless to say like 60% of the final wave of damage on him was Raiden alone.

You get a massive damage boost up on that platform. Electro is actually the least effective element, only doing 180% damage, instead of 240% for the rest of them.

Link to resistances table.

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Everlasting_Lord_of_Arcane_Wisdom#Phase_2

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Another cool thing about Xianyun is that plunge attacks do a decent amount of damage to the mage shields, especially if they're claymore users. You can group mages together and just plunge attack them to bits without any elemental infusion.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Peanut3141 posted:

You get a massive damage boost up on that platform. Electro is actually the least effective element, only doing 180% damage, instead of 240% for the rest of them.

Link to resistances table.

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Everlasting_Lord_of_Arcane_Wisdom#Phase_2

Okay that makes sense actually, and then I'm probably just noticing the C2 perks. Still waiting for the inevitable scene where Raiden and Wanderer somehow cross paths, though she'd no longer have any chance of remembering him and the ball would been in his court to decide if it still matters at all.

Meowywitch posted:

velvet is actually strong and cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lquXVrgPT4E

Anyway I have about 6,000 Genesis Crystal saved up from a purchase I made ages ago as well as all the Welkin's passes I've been getting over the last couple years, while only occasionally converting them into primos here and there as I need in order to stay above a certain amount should I ever find myself wanting to all out invest into a banner. Basically what I'm saying is the here is the game is free to try and sell me on those Ganyu/Shenhe costumes via the Lantern Rite event quests by using whatever camera angles, cool fighting moves or various tricks in the book. Not like I'm gonna be using those crystals for much else in the coming months since there won't be any more costumes till 4.8 anyway and I'm done rolling until 4.5 anyway now that I've got everything on this banner. I'd roll on Yae for constellations if the odd numered ones didn't kind of suck, but you know.....:shrug:

I mean the one I would be going for that gives a partial energy refund on her burst is alright, but doesn't feel worth it too much. On the other hand I don't know we'll see, maybe I go to 50/50 on it since I feel like I have little to lose (tons of primos, 60% of Fontaine still to farm and already back up to 30 pity now) and maybe Mona drops finally if I lose it (ha!)

e: Anyone that has Nahida C1, how much does she benefit from it. I use both her and Yae a lot so it'd be between them if I want to gamble on 50/50 with the rest of 4.4

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 9, 2024

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Overworld Team chat:
I've settled on a team of Hu Tao, Furina, Deyha and Xainyun (C1 we schmoovin) for exploration in Chenyu Vale. Dehya (daytime speed buff lol) fits the best there for me excluding lil B of course (don't need the circle in overworld). Turning Hu Tao jump cancels into vaped plunges made her fun to play.

The overworld team changes relative to the most recent area so in Fontaine I'm running Navia, Ning, Yae and Charlotte. Before Navia cannon balled onto the scene it was Neuv, Furina, Wrio and Charlotte. No idea what the team will look like when the fake melusine joins it. Same with the dual wielder. Maybe they will end up in a domain only team like Cyno.

Current Sonic Team would probably be Xianyun (Lost Prayer), Day or Night buff unit, Yelan (C1)and Kirara. Don Sombrero was in the Xianyun slot before that. Kirara is the more situational sub slot, hi Sayu or Mona.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kale posted:

Okay that makes sense actually, and then I'm probably just noticing the C2 perks. Still waiting for the inevitable scene where Raiden and Wanderer somehow cross paths, though she'd no longer have any chance of remembering him and the ball would been in his court to decide if it still matters at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lquXVrgPT4E

Anyway I have about 6,000 Genesis Crystal saved up from a purchase I made ages ago as well as all the Welkin's passes I've been getting over the last couple years, while only occasionally converting them into primos here and there as I need in order to stay above a certain amount should I ever find myself wanting to all out invest into a banner. Basically what I'm saying is the here is the game is free to try and sell me on those Ganyu/Shenhe costumes via the Lantern Rite event quests by using whatever camera angles, cool fighting moves or various tricks in the book. Not like I'm gonna be using those crystals for much else in the coming months since there won't be any more costumes till 4.8 anyway and I'm done rolling until 4.5 anyway now that I've got everything on this banner. I'd roll on Yae for constellations if the odd numered ones didn't kind of suck, but you know.....:shrug:

I mean the one I would be going for that gives a partial energy refund on her burst is alright, but doesn't feel worth it too much. On the other hand I don't know we'll see, maybe I go to 50/50 on it since I feel like I have little to lose (tons of primos, 60% of Fontaine still to farm and already back up to 30 pity now) and maybe Mona drops finally if I lose it (ha!)

e: Anyone that has Nahida C1, how much does she benefit from it. I use both her and Yae a lot so it'd be between them if I want to gamble on 50/50 with the rest of 4.4

She benefits a good amount if you always try to keep her burst up. Have an element count as two is a tiny buff, but not needing a team composition to get the buffs is very nice.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I dunno how anybody explores without Anemo Resonance. Even with Yelan and Xianyun, you run out of Stamina so fast without it. With Kazuha, Yelan, and Xianyun, you never have to slow down.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nakar posted:

I dunno how anybody explores without Anemo Resonance. Even with Yelan and Xianyun, you run out of Stamina so fast without it. With Kazuha, Yelan, and Xianyun, you never have to slow down.

I'm still a little annoyed that they stopped giving stamina buffs as an reward for collecting culus.

My stamina bar should be close to a full circle at this point, dammit :mad:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm still a little annoyed that they stopped giving stamina buffs as an reward for collecting culus.

My stamina bar should be close to a full circle at this point, dammit :mad:

This really gets to me. There's just a little bit above two bars. What does the split in the bar even mean?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This really gets to me. There's just a little bit above two bars. What does the split in the bar even mean?

Maybe its 100 stamina? Test it with a food

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Nakar posted:

Yelan C1 + Ayaka works pretty well as a "you never have to slow down" combo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wanderer + Yelan C1 + Xianyun C1 + Sayu or Zhongli

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
My go-to team for Scara is Nahida / Yae Miko / Tighnari / Zhongli to be able to kill the flying drones and defeat him in one go from the platform. Same team I use to snipe the whale before you get sucked inside and to kill Raiden before she can enter her baleful shadowlord form. For Apep I use a Neuvillette team because that boss has crazy high dendro resistance.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
For the Scara weekly I just used Yae Miko, Nahida, Layla (for a shield that follows you) and Kokomi. Nahida's charge attack cube thingie kills the flying drones instantly but any bow user would work too.

I stopped going into that domain but I'm back in there now a surprise Dehya fell into my collection.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Love it that I just set the whole drat field on fire with Gaming while fighting the treasure hunter ambush in the story and it transitioned back into cutscene land so fast it's just on fire behind me for it. Anyway just finished part 1, clearly I was supposed to have done Cloud Retainer/Xianyun's quest already as they immediately recognize and react to her as Cloud Retainer and like I've seen her in that form before now. Oh well.....:shrug:

Anyway apparently like a quarter of the people in Qiaoying village are just related to Gaming based on the stealth event of trying to avoid his family, which felt like something out of a 90's sitcom. Also just bumped into Cloud Retainer at the end of Part 1 and my goodness did they make her character model rather errr buoyant.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's ruined. I demand a boycott. Chiori uses spectre mats.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

FFS how does this keep happening. Please choose literally any other option.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
She's an inazuma character, be thankful it's not handguards.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

Just did all the lantern rite quests that are available and mini games on the lunar New Year :dukedog:

The bumper cars mini-game feels like a miss. It was funny running up to other players and turning on the bumper mode to knock them out lol

Gaming was great too, I love the big cutscenes for the lantern rite event and this one was bombastic which fit with the big demon-looking centerpiece.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Btw after my complaining Ga Ming's va was fine for the third day of the event so maybe it was a bad recording day 2. Or I'm just weird idk.

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

She's an inazuma character, be thankful it's not handguards.
Handguards are waaaay easier. You can't even neuvillette the specters down cuz a third of them are hydro immune.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the bumper cars suck even by the standard of genshin MP mini-games, which are never good to begin with. at least bring back the prop hunt mode

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I lost every single 50/50 along the way but Nahida is C6

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Wow, that’s brutal. I’m about to hit the 50/50 on c2 and getting nervous, wish I had saved more. I’ve used her so much since I pulled her last time.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the bumper cars suck even by the standard of genshin MP mini-games, which are never good to begin with. at least bring back the prop hunt mode
the one that irritates me the most is the King of the Hill bumper cars. There's nothing to collect, so knocking people back is just so unnecessary even tho it doesn't really take that many games overall to max it out.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

the one that irritates me the most is the King of the Hill bumper cars. There's nothing to collect, so knocking people back is just so unnecessary even tho it doesn't really take that many games overall to max it out.

what do you mean? knocking people the hell away even when they aren't close to anything is the best. Even better is that if someone has used up their bumper car, and are on cooldown, you can slam him twice.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Still preferred bumper cars to hide and seek tbh

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Just reached pity after CR, who's a Jean upgrade so I'll never use Jean again (not that I ever really did).

Lost the 50/50 to Jean C3 :discourse:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The soccer game was fine, as far as these things go. They should bring back the one where you all ride a giant platform and kill stuff though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

valuum posted:

Just reached pity after CR, who's a Jean upgrade so I'll never use Jean again (not that I ever really did).

Lost the 50/50 to Jean C3 :discourse:

Jean has the Sunfire interaction and (at C4, I think?) anemo resistance shred. But yeah, much as Cloud Retainer's actual gimmick is complete :geno: she's still a better Jean than Jean for any purpose outside those two small niches.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

No Wave posted:

Booooooooooooooo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

does Chiori work in a Navia focused team or not (this will determine if I roll)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Special Lantern Rite Mission: Avoid relatives.

Also I'm hungry for dim sum now.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 10, 2024

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Meowywitch posted:

does Chiori work in a Navia focused team or not (this will determine if I roll)

Chiori wants at least one other person with a construct to pal around with to maximize her dolls (so another Geo Unit that's not Navia) while Navia wants a variety of elements for Crystallize & her Ascension Passive.

So no not really they kinda step on each other's toes.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

Inazuma character pretty much guarantees either handguard or spectre fuckery. Lets just say a lot of masterless stardust goes straight into purchasing handguards and spectre husks every month

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 10, 2024

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
"Here, Xiao, I have this very important mission for you. The mission is to fly a kite for a bit because you need to lighten the gently caress up."

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

rip

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
After 3 years I finally got Mona who is the last standard 5* I was missing. :neckbeard: After clearing the abyss with her on freeze/vape teams I can say she is definitely useful and high DPS for a support. Mona's greatest crime is not showing up when I actually needed her. Clearing the version 1.x abysses (all cryo, all the time) with Barbara and Xingqiu as my only hydro characters was... not great.

Still not entirely sure how Mona's burst works. Does the bubble status and omen bonus for bursting the bubble only apply to enemies that can be bubbled? Can the omen buff apply to a reaction like XL reverse vaping on a bubbled enemy?

As far as the 7 standard 5* characters go I would rate them:

#1 Tighnari - The best. I have every dendro character and I use tigh a lot because he is that good.
#2-5 Jean, Keqing, Mona, Diluc - The rest. Quality characters.
#6 Dehya - Not Qiqi. Bargain Thoma is better than nothing. Useful for underwater/dragonspine exploration.
#7 Qiqi - Unfortunately is Qiqi.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'd rather have C0 qiqi than C0 dehya though. Qiqi still has fast attacks for driving and its near impossible to die with her.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

C0 Chiori still does a ton of damage, easily eclipsing Albedo so she's a great offensive double geo piece. If you use Bennett as your healer already she's bringing way more offensive value to the team than Zhongli. It's just that to work at peak effectiveness you need her c1, hence why it's the Navia tax.

I am the weirdo who hates Bennett but Chiori is cool enough I'll just pay the tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Incoherence posted:

"Here, Xiao, I have this very important mission for you. The mission is to fly a kite for a bit because you need to lighten the gently caress up."

"Hey Xiao"
"Yes, boss?"
"Go fly a kite"