Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

as long as earthquake beastmaster is untouched, im staying with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Patch Notes 1.01

-tightened falcon gyre
-falcon can now hear the falconer

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

falconer is broken lmao 🤣🤣😂😂

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

zoux posted:

Patch Notes 1.01

-tightened falcon gyre
-falcon can now hear the falconer

:five:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

xZAOx posted:

Falconer reveal by Ziz + Maxroll team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlxyfrJuVVI

The explosive trap bow variant is definitely dope.

Falconeeer

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

haven't watched the video, can you collect little hoods for your falcon

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Generally not interested in video explanations, but the falconer skill trees look super cool. There seem to be all kinds of interesting synergies that combine multiple skills. One other fun thing stood out: for the spear lovers, it seems like you could make a kind of proper jumping final fantasy dragoon build with dive bomb and a spear.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Any non-video links to the skill trees?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/news/falconer-reveal

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/ also has everything in planner form.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I wonder if anything fun can be done with the fact that dive bomb can detonate both decoys and explosive traps at the same time.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I want to start as a hammerdin and my head canon will be that my Diablo 2 character got sucked into the last epoch universe.

Edit: As per my earlier posts, the hammerdin in Diablo 2 had no idea why he was killing everything and he will not know why he is killing everything in last epoch either :colbert:

nerox fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 9, 2024

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
is there really any reason to be making a new seasonal character if you intend to just play offline anyways? online for this game has been a crapshoot from my experience, and I'm far more interested in the ssf faction over the trading one (at least for the first season).

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The bow trapper isn't actually a falconer, it's just a boring marksman splashing into falconer for some explosive toys.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

nerox posted:

I want to start as a hammerdin and my head canon will be that my Diablo 2 character got sucked into the last epoch universe.

Edit: As per my earlier posts, the hammerdin in Diablo 2 had no idea why he was killing everything and he will not know why he is killing everything in last epoch either :colbert:

similarly i'm waiting for last epoch to add storm brand finally

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Sab669 posted:

Falconeeer

:lol:

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Haven't followed the 1.0 updates closely, would it be safe to start a character now and not have my progress reset on patch day?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Need to update the thread tag to Falconry.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Falconeering.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Issakhar posted:

Haven't followed the 1.0 updates closely, would it be safe to start a character now and not have my progress reset on patch day?

There's no reset, so you'll be fine to continue a character that you start now. The character will be on the eternal realm rather than the seasonal realm so if you're interested in trading once 1.0 starts you'll be in competition with people who've been playing since the start of early access. If you don't care about trade then there will be no appreciable difference between seasonal and eternal, based on what they've announced so far

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Issakhar posted:

I'm under the impression that if you don't intend to play online and in the trade faction, you can just start now if you like. the first two cycles' content gets shipped to both cycle and eternal realm. it's how I'm approaching the first cycle, because I have a feeling the servers are gonna poo poo the bed for a good bit at the start

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Its an ARPG, starting fresh on a new patch with everyone else is like 90% of the fun

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Is the Kes-mancer available now, or does it start with the full 1.0?

I just realised that Kes is, well, a kestrel and not a falcon. Oops

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 10, 2024

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the falconer and the warlock specializations are both going to unlock with 1.0, and are not currently available in game. 1.0 will also bring a lot of graphical improvements, balance changes, the trade and oracle faction systems, and faster load times

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Wuxi posted:

Its an ARPG, starting fresh on a new patch with everyone else is like 90% of the fun

Exactly this!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Impermanent posted:

the falconer and the warlock specializations are both going to unlock with 1.0, and are not currently available in game. 1.0 will also bring a lot of graphical improvements, balance changes, the trade and oracle faction systems, and faster load times

Cool thank you.
I've been dipping in and out since 2018 so I guess I can wait a bit longer

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARDv77wqsck

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I wanted to play Last Epoch but after watching this 100% true/serious/factual video I've seen the (yellow) light shining out of my inventory and will go back to D4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IFY3gblZ28

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lmao that's perfect

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Goddamn diablo 4 is so loving bad. What an absolute fumble

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

That skill tree comparison lol

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Trees have branches; Diablo 4 has skill twigs.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
They'll get it right with a couple more expansions and it might be worth picking up on sale in a few years.

Looking forward to rolling runemaster for 1.0. I love wizards.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

RoS was lipstick on a pig, contrary to the general "Actually the expansion made it pretty good" sentiment IMO, and D4's expansions will all be the same.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

God no, RoS made huge changes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not sure anymore that the Diablo series was ever really that good. So many Action RPGs have come out since Diablo II, and many of them have been superior. Diablo III was only ever just okay, and Diablo IV will never be good.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Thirsty Dog posted:

God no, RoS made huge changes.
Yeah, it massively changed itemization, how item drops worked, redid basically every skill, changed how difficulty works...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hearing complaints about D3 from Last Epoch fans feels weird to me because I like Last Epoch specifically because it's the one most like D3.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Reaper of Souls added Adventure Mode which is probably the thing that single-handedly saved Diablo 3 from its spiral into irrelevance. Many of the big sweeping changes to itemization and skills were not part of RoS but a big patch that came out just before it, but Adventure Mode was part of the expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I'm not sure anymore that the Diablo series was ever really that good. So many Action RPGs have come out since Diablo II, and many of them have been superior. Diablo III was only ever just okay, and Diablo IV will never be good.

I've always considered Diablo 3 an "arcadey" arpg, in that it was like the NBA Jam of ARPGs, whereas POE is the Football Manager of ARPGs.

I am hoping Last Epoch is like the Madden of ARPGs.