Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Armamentarium and HOIL goes with everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
When you turn in the seasonal challenge that rewards a Nightfall weapon, is the weapon randomly selected or is it the current week's weapon? Would be nice to game a nightfall gun that I don't have yet.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Listerine posted:

When you turn in the seasonal challenge that rewards a Nightfall weapon, is the weapon randomly selected or is it the current week's weapon? Would be nice to game a nightfall gun that I don't have yet.

Random.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

That Iota Draconis from last week is loving fun stuff, Kickstart and Heating up is a fantastic combination. It's become my new main Yellowbar pushbroom.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

This is probably gonna be the right weekend for dogshit pvp guys like me to pick up Incisor from Trials, the rank 10 reward has slice / killing tally. Maybe that's not the god roll but it's the one I'm gonna keep.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Roctavian posted:

This is probably gonna be the right weekend for dogshit pvp guys like me to pick up Incisor from Trials, the rank 10 reward has slice / killing tally. Maybe that's not the god roll but it's the one I'm gonna keep.

ffffff I was taking time off from the game.

Is it at least double trials xp?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No, it's double vanguard rep and nightfall drops this week. Hope you like Uzume RR4

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

nope :( godspeed

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Uh Trials Labs loving sucks.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
They should flip the switch for a day to make it Trials Mayhem. And instead of Flawless you get the title Deeply Flawed. Hell I'd go for that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Uh Trials Labs loving sucks.

Checkmate: Because Bungie Never Learns

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

syntaxfunction posted:

They should flip the switch for a day to make it Trials Mayhem. And instead of Flawless you get the title Deeply Flawed. Hell I'd go for that.

Finally, some real constructive criticism!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Give us Trials MoCo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Put trials back to trios only imo and remove mercies

I still won't try again but is it really flawless if you lose

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Come up with an actual competative game structure that isn't based on your obsession with the number seven.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Never.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

el B posted:

Finally, some real constructive criticism!

Daybreak! Daybreak! Daybreak!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Roctavian posted:

Paracelsus posted:

Not only is it not double rep, it's Checkmate! But at least you get 0 rep for going 0-5. Good luck!

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

don’t go into control, avoid at all costs

it is a hellhole of sweaty individuals who will teabag you for no reason other than you killed them.

Also matchmaking is the worst.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

aledesma posted:

don’t go into control, avoid at all costs

it is a hellhole of sweaty individuals who will teabag you for no reason other than you killed them.

Also matchmaking is the worst.

Teabagging is just a PvP thing tbh. It's kind of quaint and almost cute honestly, to see this thing that's been around for decades and people still do it. Partly because it's some of the same people who were doing it decades ago, and partly because well, teenagers think it's very funny.

It's like seeing people with names like xXD34ThMuRD3RXx or a name with Sephiroth or Dark Angel in it. Just near little artifacts that still appear in the system.

But also doesn't Control use the same matchmaking as everywhere else? I think the only matchmaking that really sucks is Comp, because poo poo takes an entire day to get three matches lol

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Why isn’t the Ahamkara wish that the Witness was never born? Or that the Witness has the same desires as the traveler?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
maybe it does and they're just divorced enough to hate each other over it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

It's like seeing people with names like xXD34ThMuRD3RXx or a name with Sephiroth or Dark Angel in it. Just near little artifacts that still appear in the system.
The funniest thing is when you matchmake with someone like that and they're just a normal middle aged guy who made the tag when they were 14 and are a bit embarrassed by it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HelloNewman posted:

Why isn’t the Ahamkara wish that the Witness was never born? Or that the Witness has the same desires as the traveler?

Because Savathun is an rear end in a top hat

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The funniest thing is when you matchmake with someone like that and they're just a normal middle aged guy who made the tag when they were 14 and are a bit embarrassed by it.

I've been meaning to change my PSN name for a while but I wasn't sure if it would have messed with Bungie's cross save stuff

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBA Starblade posted:

Because Savathun is an rear end in a top hat

a very good contender for thread title but not strong enough to replace the current one i think

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The Bungie New Game Mode Life Cycle

1. Introduce new game mode to enthusiasm and some criticism
2. Implement changes in response to criticism
3. Changes make game mode worse. Community starts to resent game mode and memes on it.
4. Bungie makes further changes but less than before and not enough to save the game mode, will not even consider reverting previous changes
5. Bungie abandons game mode due to lack of player interest.

Checkmate is currently in number 3. Trials has done the full cycle several times.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

HelloNewman posted:

"why didnt the eagles simply fly them to Mordor?"

I'm pretty sure there's stuff that says there's limits to wish magic. The Witness is probably more powerful then the Ahamkara for starters, but I'm sure there's also causality problems with making him never exist?

Plus I wouldn't be shocked if wish magic also has limitations on changing people's minds and wills (your second suggestion.)

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Causality / power would probably have a lot to do with it. It’s one thing to say “I want a city”, but to remove something incredibly influential and powerful from existence is a lot of heavy lifting to re-stitch the plot holes. Perhaps a group of ahamkara could do it, but good luck finding them now. Also riven says they are pretty solitary.

Savathun also likely has some desire to seize some of the witnesses power, not just stop it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Isn't their whole thing that the wishes blow up in the face of the user? Poisoned gifts and twelve inch pianists for all?

Desperate times call for desperate measures but "make an ahamkara wish" is a risky solution to the big bad

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Isn't their whole thing that the wishes blow up in the face of the user? Poisoned gifts and twelve inch pianists for all?

Desperate times call for desperate measures but "make an ahamkara wish" is a risky solution to the big bad

I think the explanation is that the feed off of the wishes being monkey's paw style trickery. There's a phase of like "the difference between desire and reality" or something? The wishing wall is supposed to be designed to reduce as much of the deviancy in the wish as possible, but we also learned that Riven's mate basically didn't twist wishes, or got by with twisting the wishes as little as possible. Riven has to cease to exist at the end of the season because it was such a powerful untwisted wish, it basically self-destructs them?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes, the one soild through-line of Ahamkara lore up to this season had been that the wish is going to blow your face clean the gently caress off, on purpose, because that is what we, the Ahamkara, feed on. We, the Ahamkara, are cool with this and will never change.

So Bungie invents Taranis, the one Ahamkara who wasn't a giant rear end in a top hat on purpose all the time, and his centuries long relationship with Riven. Now we can trust Riven this one time because we did her a solid saving the eggs she had with Taranis.

Oxyclean posted:

I think the explanation is that the feed off of the wishes being monkey's paw style trickery. There's a phase of like "the difference between desire and reality" or something? The wishing wall is supposed to be designed to reduce as much of the deviancy in the wish as possible, but we also learned that Riven's mate basically didn't twist wishes, or got by with twisting the wishes as little as possible. Riven has to cease to exist at the end of the season because it was such a powerful untwisted wish, it basically self-destructs them?

Riven is dead, and has been dead the whole season. Mara had the Techeuns summon her spirit to grant the wish but they couldn't bring her back to life so now she is gone for real.

Savathun couldn't just wish the Witness away because it would give an Ahamkara too much room to screw with her; the Witness never existed, so somehow now you died on Fundament when you turned 10 and weren't able to take the Mother morph, whomp whomp.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Usher confirmed warlock main, peep them contraverse holds he's got on

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Drake is a confirmed Titan

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
My Moments of Triumph 2023 experience: log on, check titles, click a couple things, claim seal, log out.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

The Bungie New Game Mode Life Cycle
Don't forget the step of 'We've noticed you're not playing our new game mode. It's fun, and clearly you all just haven't tried it yet. So the fun is now mandatory.'

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

'A wish that the witness was never created.'

OK, the empyrians never merged and instead all went out and individually got buff as hell before chasing the traveller. Earth is now under siege by millions of super-Oryxes.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Earth is now under siege by millions of super-Oryxes.

I can kill a super-Oryx a few million times if they drop good enough guns and/or I can wear their head as a helmet.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
riven is Dead so pulling a monkey's paw on this wish would do her no favors also the aforementioned "Suddenly Taranis"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mass Effect stuff is up. Lol that dinklebot is EDI

e: Lol they reduced the numbers for the wishes. You can get this week's in two runs of Master Aphelion's Rest

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Humble is selling literally every expansion + this year's annual pass for $40. A good deal if you don't have.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...rdestiny_bundle

If you need this, I am begging you to not start playing destiny