Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

GateOfD posted:

Get Stark some mystic eyes of death perception

why would he need them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

GateOfD posted:

Get Stark some mystic eyes of death perception

You don't need to see death lines when your attacks flatten the entire being.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah Stark's got the tools of violence he needs to crush his enemies. Dragons, demons, monsters, all fall to his axe.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Stark just needs a spell that lets him stay up late without getting yelled at.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

AlternateNu posted:

He's not real observant so the ability to see health bars would help him realise that the enemy was in fact immediately flattened and he doesn't need to call Frieren names :v:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She's still hung up about that insult, too.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'mma refer to my Genie wish with a spell to Always Have the Correct Amount of Money.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well yeah, she's a sexy mature lady, thank you very much.

Das Boo posted:

I'mma refer to my Genie wish with a spell to Always Have the Correct Amount of Money.

Hell yeah that's a good spell to have, even if it just sorts your change for you you'd save so much time. If it actually made money you'd be fabulously wealthy.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 5, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kwyndig posted:

Well yeah, she's a sexy mature lady, thank you very much.

E: avatar sized, in case anyone wants it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Too shocking and perverted!!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I think it would've been a pretty good gag if the proctors disqualified frieren for breaking the barrier but that probably would cause a lot of problems narratively, plus fern would be pout so hard, levels unseen before

When Denken's party was all out of mana I thought their plan was gonna be for Denken and Richter to find a bird since the birds wouldn't be able to detect them anymore then the fast girl could catch it but having a slugfest is good too

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

meanwhile, 3 random parties or something just find a bird with no big drama

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

finally the ins anely sexy thread is back

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I think it would've been a pretty good gag if the proctors disqualified frieren for breaking the barrier but that probably would cause a lot of problems narratively, plus fern would be pout so hard, levels unseen before

Why would they? It wasn't part of the ruleset given to them at the start of the test. Show up with your whole team and 1 Stille at the proper time, that was it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, there's no reason why they couldn't, but they've already made it clear that they won't disqualify you for literally murdering other test-takers in order to improve your own chances, so it would be pretty lovely.

(Heck, we already know that you can literally kill a proctor and this apparently causes you to fail the test but doesn't mean you can't come back for the next go-round.)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah this test seems pretty hard on the there's no rule that a dog can't play basketball setting. Show up with two other team members and a stile in a cage provided and you pass.

Otherwise anything goes, break the barrier, kill the other test takers, freeze the lake, anything.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The only caveat was that you couldn’t cross the boundaries (which is barrier’d) anyway

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I appreciate that fanservice in Frieren is non-traditional and that Madhouse clearly sees what the fans want and delivers on it...

1. Headpats
2. Pouting or Disappointed Fern
3. Frieren sleeping awkwardly
4. Donning or doffing of coats
5. Obscure folk magic

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
6. Dancing

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
7. Feet.

Lets not kid ourselves, a few of the scenes look like Tarantino directed them.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

dont forget Frieren stuck in things

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What are you doing step-mimic!?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

nsfw this you moron jesus christ!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/7ka/status/1754746259787923664?t=MMVo066vsldUb6RV1lL4Ng&s=19

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
勇者ヒンメルならそうした

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Copious amounts of angry Fern make for a great episode :getin:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

Copious amounts of angry Fern make for a great episode :getin:

On the other hand, I don't think we ever saw Fern as happy as she was after that dinner in the restaurant. She was literally bouncing around. :3:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 9, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol, Stark got caught.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

On the other hand, I don't think we ever saw Fern as happy as she was after that dinner in the restaurant. She was literally bouncing around. :3:

Which was extremely adorable

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

would devour that huge plate of steaks.
wonder if its because she expelled a higher amt of mana than usual, and she's replenishing it with meat

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I'd assume its because she likes steak and wanted to taste the same food she had last time she was there.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

I'd assume its because she likes steak and wanted to taste the same food she had last time she was there.

It can make thematic sense whilst also being a terrifying amount of steak.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hunt11 posted:

It can make thematic sense whilst also being a terrifying amount of steak.

How much can elves eat? We simply do not know.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kY0ksDdO5s

apparently there's a ton of these kind of edits floating, and they're all great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjyiykt4wTk

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 10, 2024

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Now we know why there are so few elves. They’re apex hyper-carnivores like tigers that the ecosystem can only support a small amount of. Fern and Stark are lucky that Frieren hasn’t realized people are made of meat too.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So Fern was totally playing up how mad she was to get more sweets again, right? Frieren and Stark need to nip that in the bud before it turns into a habit.

Ubel being able to copy spells is scary af. If she gets the clone spell she can also combo it with the binding spell and be almost unbeatable. It's also another example where every mage having a unique strength is actually a weakness compared to Fern and Frieren only using basic magic.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Explains why she was annoyed at Fern for using basic offensive and defensive magic the whole time.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I love how this show reminds us on occasion that stark and fern are still kids. Stark getting in trouble for drinking juice late night and ferns silent temper tantrums own

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Stark and the wizened old master is such a great gag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9HdNRrbI1w

Jams to fight your death battles and break shields to