Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I read somewhere in WaPo yesterday more and more Republicans are getting vocal about their anti-Ukrainian stance, no longer cowed it seems by the otherwise fervent support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol that they (congress) made it functionally impossible to leave NATO currently

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

loving Moron posted:

How the gently caress are Republicans going to defend this poo poo???

The Republican party is now officially the party of guys who drained their family's bank accounts to pay for their big lifted truck and think politics is siding with the 1980s movie high school football player bully because he's "alpha". Their defense is something like "FUCKIN WOKE LIBS TRIGGER EM PUTIN LOL #FJB". Republican politicians who know that this is pure insanity aren't actually Republicans anymore, but they just don't quite know it yet.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

MrQwerty posted:

Lol that they (congress) made it functionally impossible to leave NATO currently

There is still a bajillion ways for him to sabotage NATO and gently caress things up if he gets in office.

I still don't think Trump will win* but lets not kid ourselves about what damage he is capable of.

*the economy is slowly improving and lowered inflation will be felt around mid-ish year so I'd expect the public's opinion to improve of him over time. The goldfish like memory of most of the public will wipe away or dim the recollection of stuff like the Hur report too. Lets face it: most Americans seem to hardly remember anything political after 3 months. Hell Biden got the US out of Afghanistan and that got mostly memory holed in less than 6 months!

I knew that most Americans have got a goldfish like memory for most thing and even that kinda shocked me to see.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yeah, the Hur report is bullshit but it's good that it dropped in February and not October.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

kazil posted:

Yeah, the Hur report is bullshit but it's good that it dropped in February and not October.

More like the hurr durr report, amirite?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Trmp

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 11, 2024

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

loving Moron posted:

Why would they bother to address anything Trump says? Trump's voters don't remember what he says unless it's a 3-5 word slogan they can chant or an insult/descriptor before someone's name.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6boaCOjRho

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

an AOL chatroom posted:

Why would they bother to address anything Trump says? Trump's voters don't remember what he says unless it's a 3-5 word slogan they can chant or an insult/descriptor before someone's name.

Trump lol thread!
Trump lol thread!

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

loving Moron posted:

Rubio was on CNN gish galloping about all presidents complain that NATO doesnt carry its weight. it was just words to try and get our allies to pay their share, and migrant crisis.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I bet it’s extremely easy to toe the line that NATO allies should pull their weight or get left to get hosed

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Google Jeb Bush posted:

me: that sounds like a lot of damage for climbing a structure, was he punching pitons into expensive glass or something

turns out he damaged a whole lot of lights and replacing them is going to be a big annoying hassle

:haibrow:

LED video walls are made up of individual ~6-12" LED panels that look like this

They get mounted into a frame that looks like this from the back

Nothing about them is load bearing or reinforced in any way. The panels usually dont have ribbon connectors, just solid-pin connectors that slide into place when the panel is mounted.

So yeah some dipshit climbing up them would have damaged or displaced every single panel they touched. The panels themselves are pretty cheap, but the labor + crane or gantry to go fix all of them is $$$$$$$$$$

also there's a Superb Owl in Las Vegas today, so i'm guessing the Orb peeps had to scramble to get it fixed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Though I guess the amount of voters that give the slightest gently caress about NATO are a handful at best

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Saying publicly that you’d encourage Russia to start blasting NATO allies is uh, somewhat beyond “you need to pay more” in the diplomatic discourse scale.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

:effort:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

BigglesSWE posted:

Saying publicly that you’d encourage Russia to start blasting NATO allies is uh, somewhat beyond “you need to pay more” in the diplomatic discourse scale.

Biden should start saying he'll encourage Russia to attack red states because they didn't vote for him.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Got a lol from me, Sir.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

loving Moron posted:

My question is actually why the gently caress are the Democrats not spending every waking day, every mic in their face calling Donald Trump a puppet of Putin? So every time he does poo poo like this it puts doubt in peoples minds.

That's how "Crooked Hillary" worked so well. When Comey announced more investigations, she looked crooked.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

The Sir Stories will be the hypothetical Q document for the future Trump Gospels. Historians will argue that the shared stories in the Gospel of Rudy and the Gospel of Bannon originate in this mysterious Q document, which is a collection of sayings attributed to Trump.

The Book of Q

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Nelson Mandingo posted:

My question is actually why the gently caress are the Democrats not spending every waking day, every mic in their face calling Donald Trump a puppet of Putin? So every time he does poo poo like this it puts doubt in peoples minds.

That's how "Crooked Hillary" worked so well. When Comey announced more investigations, she looked crooked.

It’s a really good question.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Because it’s not the general yet.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Catastrophe posted:

The only good "sir" is Sir Duke and I think that should be widely known by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnNgASBdCeo

What about Sir Mix-A-Lot you racist

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bird with big dick posted:

What about Sir Mix-A-Lot you racist

But...Duke Ellington is black :eng99:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I like how at the end of scooby doo they pull the mask off the villain, and it was never a haunted amusement park or goblins at the beach, it's always a guy from congress.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Vampire Panties posted:

Nothing about them is load bearing or reinforced in any way. The panels usually dont have ribbon connectors, just solid-pin connectors that slide into place when the panel is mounted.

So yeah some dipshit climbing up them would have damaged or displaced every single panel they touched. The panels themselves are pretty cheap, but the labor + crane or gantry to go fix all of them is $$$$$$$$$$

also there's a Superb Owl in Las Vegas today, so i'm guessing the Orb peeps had to scramble to get it fixed.

The Vegas orb isn't LED panels, each pixel is the size of a hockey puck. I imagine an idiot clambering over it will still do a lot of damage though.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Vampire Panties posted:

It’s not a wall it’s a sphere and it looks like this

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Because it’s not the general yet.

Say what you will about the Republican leadership but they do understand that if you want smear campaigns to stick you have to repeat the bullshit all the time non-stop.

Which is what the D's should be doing if they really want something like that to stick by election time.

Remember almost everything gets forgotten by your average American within 3 months. So if they want it to stick for real they have to start now and keep it up the whole time until the elections.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kemikalkadet posted:

The Vegas orb isn't LED panels, each pixel is the size of a hockey puck. I imagine an idiot clambering over it will still do a lot of damage though.

Motherfucker

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm personally hoping the strategy is because right now is so far ahead of the election that calling Trump out on all of his horrible poo poo now will just become background noise in a few months. "Yeah yeah yeah, Trump, Putin's puppet we've heard it all before blah blah blah". It'll just get normalized as NBD when the shock value wears off. And then come October there's a massive ad dump on all media showing the worst of Trump. Just a full blitz when it matters the most and voters are actually paying attention and before right wing media can downplay all of it as "liberal lunacy" or manufacture stories about how actually Biden is Putin's puppet.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Trump fans already see him as a strong man so you can call him a Putin puppet but I don’t think it will be anymore effective this time

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Trump fans don't read this thread.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1756682887233966326
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1756684780614172991

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Trump fans already see him as a strong man so you can call him a Putin puppet but I don’t think it will be anymore effective this time

Yeah they also see him as openly corrupt and love it since they think that means he'll break the laws in their favor like a big strong daddy would*.

For Independents it would make a difference though. There are enough of them that if even only half break for Biden then Biden could win on that alone if D voting patterns are the same as 2020.

*they gonna get raped

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

beer_war posted:

The general voting public doesn’t read this thread nor do they care about the same things they do.

This applies to more than just Israel weirdly enough

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

owned

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Yeah they also see him as openly corrupt and love it since they think that means he'll break the laws in their favor like a big strong daddy would*.

The unreal thing to me is that Trump supporters have watched him completely screw over Rudy, poo poo on his other lawyers, leave people stranded a mile away from their cars at his rallies (after bussing them in), refuse to pay his bills to countless contractors, refuse to pardon the insurrectionists, and other countless acts of cowardice and malice towards “his people”, and yet they still think he won’t screw them.

Dude has made his brand based on screwing people over!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

beer_war posted:

I am not a fan, that's for sure.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The new Tingle Zelda game lookin’ good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU