Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

so B,C,D cares just not do anything? Probably not as beefy as Gepards shields of course, but them being stackable as a skill can work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

He is a gambler. Makes me want to put him on a team with SW and QQ for maximum randomness.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

hes a tank...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

so B,C,D cares just not do anything? Probably not as beefy as Gepards shields of course, but them being stackable as a skill can work.
B/C/D cards are still shields. He just gets extra coins based on how many A cards there are.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The main problem I see is that he needs to use his skill a lot to keep up the shields. Unless they're just gigantically huge by default, I guess.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

They do scale with DEF but yeah. I kinda prefer his old kit, where his shields would automatically refresh in the right circumstances which would have made him very SP positive, now he seems potentially SP negative. But right now, I'm annoyed that leaks for updated kits exist for Gallagher and Aventurine but not Acheron, what the hell leakers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im kinda curious how builds for him will shake out. belobog of the ancients seems like an obvious 2 piece since he probably wants the effect hit rate for his crit damage taken debuff, but i feel like you could build him with wastelander instead of purity palace as a 4 piece? Which might make his shields weaker than Gepard's.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

At the very least with him wanting def and ehr, Gepard's LC should be REALLY good on him.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

a full on follow-up team seems like he be able to generate coins pretty fast

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh wait i forgot his passives, lol

trace 1: increase crit rate based on def
trace 2: increase effect res of allies with his shield on them
trace 3: after he performs a coin attack he refreshes allies shields

the wording on his trace 3 is slightly weird but it seems like he doesnt give allies who dont have a shield already any shield, which would make him SP hungry, yeah. Seems like his gameplan is to give everyone shields and then stack it up so it doesnt fall off?

and if youre curious, his eidolons

E1: gives allies with B or A cards crit dmg boost (A gets more than B)
E2: Increases amount of attacks he does with coin attack and gives him a def buff when he uses it.
E4: After he basic attacks he does an extra attack that does damage based on how big his allies' shields are.
E6: Increased damage based on how many allies have a shield.

No word on his lightcone yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and since it got mentioned, Gallagher

Fire Abundance

Basic: Deals fire dmg based on his attack.

Enhanced: Deals fire dmg based on his attack and reduces the enemy's attack.

Skill: Heals all allies based on his HP.

Ult: Deals fire dmg to all enemies and inflicts them with Mark, as well as enhancing his next basic attack. Marks increase the break DMG enemies take. When enemies with Mark are attacked, Gallagher is healed.

Trace 1: Increase healing power based on Gallagher's break effect.

Trace 2: Get a bit of energy when entering battle.

Trace 3: When enemies with Mark are hit by Gallagher's enhanced basic, heal all allies.

E1: After using his ult, his action is advanced by 100%.
E2: Enemies with mark take further break dmg based on how many debuffs they have.
E4: Mark lasts longer.
E6: Increase Gallagher's Break Effect.

he seems like a healer that's meant for Ruan Mei teams, ig?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eimi posted:

The fact that she directly quotes Yae Sakura has me like :tinfoil:

Like I loved the Raven/Mei dynamic during that period as buddy detectives/agents and Star Rail duplicates that for me I'd be down with it

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
john adventure is going to be really strong unless his numbers are just straight garbage. between ratio and topaz he'll be able to trigger a lot of FUAs and assuming all of his attacks are def based + the def to crit trace is 50%, he gets a lot of value out of def + crit damage stacking.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, Aventurine being SP negative isn't that bad with the ideal team. Silver Wolf and Topaz are both great SP positive allies, so only Ratio and Aventurine need to use skills.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bad Video Games posted:

Also, Aventurine being SP negative isn't that bad with the ideal team. Silver Wolf and Topaz are both great SP positive allies, so only Ratio and Aventurine need to use skills.
The fact that Aventurine (in his current leaked form) is capable of inflicting two debuffs, Ratio can inflict one, and Topaz can inflict two (with her lightcone) means Ratio follow up teams might not even need Silver Wolf anymore.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JT Jag posted:

The fact that Aventurine (in his current leaked form) is capable of inflicting two debuffs, Ratio can inflict one, and Topaz can inflict two (with her lightcone) means Ratio follow up teams might not even need Silver Wolf anymore.

Very true. Even without Topaz's lightcone, it could work fine. You would need a sp neutral support like Tingyun/Hanya/Sparkle. Bronya could work, in the same sense she can work with DanIL and Quinque. But it'd be difficult and finicky.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

Very true. Even without Topaz's lightcone, it could work fine. You would need a sp neutral support like Tingyun/Hanya/Sparkle. Bronya could work, in the same sense she can work with DanIL and Quinque. But it'd be difficult and finicky.
Ruan Mei is pretty SP-positive and gives a debuff on her own for insurance, too.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ratio/Adventurine/Topaz/Ruan Mei sounds like the most insufferable team ever and I love it :allears:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Excelzior posted:

Ratio/Adventurine/Topaz/Ruan Mei sounds like the most insufferable team ever and I love it :allears:
Team Pedantry

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aventurine working well with ratio and topaz is cute. in general this game is pretty good at making connected characters work decently together. though sadly the landaus dont have any real synergy

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Stellaron Hunters have very little synergy.

Edit: Actually, I would say that almost all connected characters have no synergy whatsoever. And whenever they do it's almost always because one of them is just an amazing supporter that has synergy with everything.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 11, 2024

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

What the game is better at is creating synergies within elements, imo. Imaginary, fire and to a lesser extent quantum are all top follow up attack elements. The best thunder and wind units, and some Fire as well, all really take advantage of their DoT breaks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Stellaron Hunters have very little synergy.

eh they dont have any direct synergy but you can run kafka/blade/wolf together and it works just because of how their SP costs shake out.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Which is basically to say that Blade is very SP efficient and fits into almost any team.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
if i have 60 tickets saved now, surely i’ll have enough for e2s1. surely i won’t get scammed the entire time on both banners

always bet on aventurine

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I gotta say, as someone who hasn't invested in any sort of DoT team, my Jing Yuan has never been more valuable than it is in Penacony. Tons of Lightning weakness, and him/Ruan Mei/Tingyun/Luocha is obliterating stuff.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

JT Jag posted:

I gotta say, as someone who hasn't invested in any sort of DoT team, my Jing Yuan has never been more valuable than it is in Penacony. Tons of Lightning weakness, and him/Ruan Mei/Tingyun/Luocha is obliterating stuff.

I am incredibly sad I lost the 50/50 on Black Swan, because there's no way I'm going to magic up 90 pulls before she's gone. And also it got me E1 Clara, which is one of the more useless E1s in the game.

Because Kafka/Sampo has been cleaning up in Penacony. And Kafka/Black Swan/Sampo would be hilarious.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What? Clara E1 is really good.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Endorph posted:

What? Clara E1 is really good.

I guess it's fine, but most of her damage comes from FuAs and half the time a lot of people run her she's never using her skill. I guess it makes it more viable to use her skill in some situations but....sure would have been better to get literally any 5* I didn't have instead.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You're cracked.

Clara's e1 is insane. It turns her from a follow-up defender into an insane hypercarry. Especially if you have Bronya, but even if you don't.

The reason people rarely use her skill is because when she does, she removes the Mark from enemies and loses a lot of damage. Her e1 means the Mark never goes away, so there's no longer a downside to using her skill.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Clara E1 is good but requires some specific circumstances to shine. You won't get much value from it fighting random mobs or clearing calyxes, but in higher-level context where adds can survive long enough to get an attack in it can do obscene damage with the right support.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Well, yeah. It's good specifically for endgame content like PF and MoC. It's whatever for the overworld and farming, but that's fine.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Bad Video Games posted:

You're cracked.

Clara's e1 is insane. It turns her from a follow-up defender into an insane hypercarry. Especially if you have Bronya, but even if you don't.

The reason people rarely use her skill is because when she does, she removes the Mark from enemies and loses a lot of damage. Her e1 means the Mark never goes away, so there's no longer a downside to using her skill.

Here's where her E1 becomes relevant:

An enemy hits her, is hit by her skill, survives whatever the rest of the party does, and then reaches the next turn alive without having hit her again. If anything in that chain isn't true, her E1 doesn't even matter. Like if something hits her, is skilled, and hits her again before her next chance to skill....who cares about E1, she's just going to counter it again and reapply the mark. Functionally you've gained nothing. Conversely, if she just doesn't get hit in a turn. Her DPS and utility has gone up exactly 0% by having the E1. Bosses? I can't think of any that aren't going to be throwing out AoEs, but at least they survive long enough to maybe be relevant. Now you are just rating that Skill against anything else that can use that SP, but at least now you are actually getting to a place that might use it.

So the value entirely relates to Mark uptime. I know that the thing I love about Clara is how often she's countering, so I can't imagine it would be low, but what it actually is? I guess I can honestly say I don't even know how often it truly applies. Like realistically in a given encounter how many extra upgraded skills am I getting out of that? The fact I need to start to start an Excel spreadsheet to figure out when something even applies kind of makes it lack the sex appeal of just getting "20% ATK" or a new buff or something, you know?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Mulva posted:

Here's where her E1 becomes relevant:

An enemy hits her, is hit by her skill, survives whatever the rest of the party does, and then reaches the next turn alive without having hit her again. If anything in that chain isn't true, her E1 doesn't even matter. Like if something hits her, is skilled, and hits her again before her next chance to skill....who cares about E1, she's just going to counter it again and reapply the mark. Functionally you've gained nothing. Conversely, if she just doesn't get hit in a turn. Her DPS and utility has gone up exactly 0% by having the E1. Bosses? I can't think of any that aren't going to be throwing out AoEs, but at least they survive long enough to maybe be relevant. Now you are just rating that Skill against anything else that can use that SP, but at least now you are actually getting to a place that might use it.

So the value entirely relates to Mark uptime. I know that the thing I love about Clara is how often she's countering, so I can't imagine it would be low, but what it actually is? I guess I can honestly say I don't even know how often it truly applies. Like realistically in a given encounter how many extra upgraded skills am I getting out of that? The fact I need to start to start an Excel spreadsheet to figure out when something even applies kind of makes it lack the sex appeal of just getting "20% ATK" or a new buff or something, you know?

Yes Clara's e1 is not going to be relevant if in your hypothetical about how it's never relevant it's never relevant. You may as well say that Ratio's eidolons aren't useful because Seele can kill something before he does.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

NachtSieger posted:

Yes Clara's e1 is not going to be relevant if in your hypothetical about how it's never relevant it's never relevant.

If that's what you took from all that I don't know why you bothered to respond. If you like you could just answer the very real question I asked: How much more uptime am I actually getting over a long fight?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
god BS/Kafka/Pela is so loving funny, even in standard SU

yanqing takes one action and then eats 800k of dots and dies

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

as he should,

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
:hai:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Endorph posted:

and since it got mentioned, Gallagher

Ult: Deals fire dmg to all enemies and inflicts them with Mark, as well as enhancing his next basic attack. Marks increase the break DMG enemies take. When enemies with Mark are attacked, Gallagher is healed.

"When enemies with Mark are attacked, Gallagher is healed" makes zero sense and I hope it's actually "when enemies with Mark are attacked, the attacker is healed. That's what his old leak said too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
So that Aventurine kit leak fits with a 6 day old Reddit post that has a bit more detail including his LC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarRail_leaks/s/ONrJkHPAGs

Aventurine's LC increases followup damage, and increases team crit dam when the LC user gains a shield.