Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lamuella posted:

When is Cassidy being a very popular singles champ who has fun matches going to pay off?

I've said it before but it's genuinely shocking in hindsight how little Leslie seems to understand professional wrestling, which is doubly sad since he once moved to Japan to follow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Who is he, anyway?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kennel posted:

Who is he, anyway?

podcaster

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/sDL0JA9w6C

The topic is dumb whatever it's a conpletley meaningless hall.

But the replies. Holy gently caress the replies.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Kennel posted:

Who is he, anyway?

He has a podcast that mostly covered movies and leftist politics. Also had a decent size twitter following discussing mostly those things. Note the past tense there, said following does not care about his crank wrestling opinions. He rarely touched on wrestling and when he did the takes were quite sane. Then brawl out happened and his brain broke and everything aew does is incorrect by default.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lid posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/sDL0JA9w6C

The topic is dumb whatever it's a conpletley meaningless hall.

But the replies. Holy gently caress the replies.
Some favorites, if people don't click through:

quote:

He deserves it so much this topic reads like "I think John Cena deserves to be in the Hall of Fame" to me.

quote:

I always tell people you can not like Cole's "calls". Whatever.

But look at that actual production aspect. Come back from break, plug sponsor, mention segment sponsor, recap where show is at that exact moment, hit timing marks for ring intro music, recap current wrestler with throws in and out of video packages, repeat for wrestler two. Don't step on ring announcer or package necessary audio. BTW, 2 minutes has passed.

It's insane.

quote:

On a similar note, I think Booker T might get a 3rd HOF induction for his commentary work with WWE.

quote:

He’s going to be remembered up there at the very top with Solie, JR, Tony etc

quote:

He will be I don't think anyone would argue against his incision

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Didn't even include my favourites

quote:

He's the voice of the WWE to way more people compared to those that grew up with JR.

quote:

No questions about it. You can make an argument for him being just as good if not better than JR when he was not micromanaged by a geriatric fool yelling at him.

quote:

It's the most unpopular unpopular opinion I've ever read here lol.

Michael Cole is the absolute best. I think it's over JR now. Yes, I said it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

little munchkin posted:

He has a podcast that mostly covered movies and leftist politics. Also had a decent size twitter following discussing mostly those things. Note the past tense there, said following does not care about his crank wrestling opinions. He rarely touched on wrestling and when he did the takes were quite sane. Then brawl out happened and his brain broke and everything aew does is incorrect by default.

I first encountered him on the Shimmer forum where he was one of the gatekeeper joshi types who turned up when Prazak started bringing in folks like Ayumi Kurihara. Leslie never really impressed when it came to wrestling but I would have imagined then he would have gotten OC because he certainly bought into some of the goofier gimmicks in Shimmer.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"Booker T might get in to the HoF based solely on his commentary" might be the worst wrestling opinion ever.

I'd call him the drizzling shits, but diarrhoea doesn't deserve that.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Leslie could present as reasonably intelligent at one point, but parking himself on Twitter all day every day for years turned him into a loving idiot. Of all the posters featured in here, he's the most infuriating to me.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
no one understands professional wrestling but me

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Kennel posted:

Who is he, anyway?

Ex podcaster who went crazy from long Covid.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Leslie could present as reasonably intelligent at one point, but parking himself on Twitter all day every day for years turned him into a loving idiot. Of all the posters featured in here, he's the most infuriating to me.

If you look up DirtyDirtySheets in the forums archives his posts were about as aggressive then as they are now.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MassRafTer posted:

If you look up DirtyDirtySheets in the forums archives his posts were about as aggressive then as they are now.

Aw what the gently caress, I never realized he was the same guy. I would link that Act Yasukawa article to all my friends; it really moved me. I just thought he was someone with frustratingly bad opinions on everything.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Aw what the gently caress, I never realized he was the same guy. I would link that Act Yasukawa article to all my friends; it really moved me. I just thought he was someone with frustratingly bad opinions on everything.

I had no idea until a year or so ago. I vaguely remembered the website but forgot he popped up here.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MassRafTer posted:

I had no idea until a year or so ago. I vaguely remembered the website but forgot he popped up here.

That's kind of a bummer, honestly. The Act Yasukawa article was really something special, but every time I see one of his tweets about wrestling in any other context I'm just baffled at how one guy can know so little. Leslie is a land of contrasts.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/DemonEvilMuscle/status/1749891991822102935

https://twitter.com/DemonEvilMuscle/status/1749894503031509346

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

"Tony's booking of the CMLL Invasion is stupid and meaningless.

I have enjoyed it greatly."

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

super macho dude posted:

"Tony's booking of the CMLL Invasion is stupid and meaningless.

I have enjoyed it greatly."

I think those posts are 3 different people. The one in the middle is not an idiot

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I unironically agree.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

This is very funny after listening to the last VOW Flagship where Lanza outright says that, according to his source in AEW, “Tony will not be outbid on Okada”

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
TK and his family have more money than WWE and TKO have. This is something anyone can Google and TK even said it in a press conference

Not that I would expect any of these clip watchers to know that, and even if they did they'd intentionally ignore it to try to own someone or post bait

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

TK and his family have more money than WWE and TKO have. This is something anyone can Google and TK even said it in a press conference

Not that I would expect any of these clip watchers to know that, and even if they did they'd intentionally ignore it to try to own someone or post bait

That doesn’t make any sense, he hasn’t even been part of our parasocial industry for our entire lives, that means that Vince must have more money from all of his runaway success

Right?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Elephant Ambush posted:

But they just signed a huge Netflix deal and the way that works is you obviously get all of the money up front as soon as the deal is announced, before the deal even goes into effect. Right?!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
tony's monthly allowance means he can only afford a couple of wrestlers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/raulisonline/status/1756766485463408775

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what tony khan is doing is the equivalent of pulling the fire alarm at a michelin star restaurant. please just let hhh cook

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/LuisGon43193105/status/1756769748186960276

"Actually it's good that TKO are cheapskates who won't bid for top talent"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/LuisGon43193105/status/1756769748186960276

"Actually it's good that TKO are cheapskates who won't bid for top talent"

it is

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
tony kahn is a money mark and he's ruining the business by hiring wrestlers

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Yah…… for me!!!!!!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

could you imagine wanting to go to work at a place that will pay you the most and will let you do whatever you want while you're at work? what kind of idiot would take that job?

me, ill take $40k, a 70 hour work week, and the opportunity to impress my boss who APPRECIATES me working on sunday and is giving me an opportunity to come in on saturday too!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
AEW has completely broken some peoples brain it rules

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

By all reports WWE is thinking the prestige of working for them would get Okada to sign more than matching or beating AEW money offer so yeah they're being cheapskates. Also the prestige for working for the rape/harassment company

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/njpw/s/C05CxeLAdK

quote:

Ugh, I don't watch WWE but the possibility of Okada at Wrestlemania or in a marquee match vs Reigns, Rollins or Gunther is far more appealing than anything AEW could do.

quote:

Waste of time and his talent.

quote:

FEEDER...SYSTEM

Should have just took the shot and gone to the WWE instead of the same lame poo poo in AEW. Okada doing stupid poo poo with the Best Friends and Orange Cassidy in front on 1500 fans is the stupid and safe route. But I think WWE is at a point were there so hot and their development system is so good they don't need to splurge on people like Okada and Sasha. But hopefully Jay White gets the gently caress out of AEW though, what a complete waste of a talent.

quote:

Worst place to go. TK doesn’t know how to book. Look at what they’ve done to Jay White. Okada would have been better going WWE at this point imo.

NJPW dorks pretending WWE is good again 🥱

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, how have they treated Jay White:

Gave him two solid debuts
Gave him his own Bullet Club faction
Gave him a spot on the card at Wembley
Gave him a storyline for the AEW title where he came out on top over and over against MJF until the PPV main event
Gave him a strong showing in the C2 getting to the semi-finals along with the ace of the company and the hottest rising star they have right now
Gave him and the Gunns the ROH 6 man titles, aligned them with The Acclaimed, and will inevitably be in a feud with the new main heel stable

In addition to this, he's also got probably the most protected finisher in the company (I can't remember if MJF kicked out of it cleanly, but I know no-one else has), and also managed to get a cardboard cutout of himself over as well. Not bad for less than a year in the company.

That said, just think of how much he could have gotten done with a year in NXT.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Hoss Corncave posted:

In addition to this, he's also got probably the most protected finisher in the company

Kenny is still in the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is the funniest bit of the SRS revenge tour yet.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1756792548209611252