Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the Egyptian army is one that we built up for them too, with American aid. precisely to avoid what’s happening right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/avivaklompas/status/1756650331486802398?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

there’s no bottom to the kind of poo poo Israelis are willing to make up, or the credulity of western Zionists.

This is presumably intended to make the wholesale murder of Palestinian women and children acceptable.
Israel is unbelievably bad at propaganda, and it is only the fervent support of virtually every anglophone media source laundering their bullshit to make it sound less horrific that is helping it seems less insane.

Israel says "We need to eradicate these cockroaches"
CCN translates the statement as "Israel says we need to kindly solve the problem we have with radicalised military-aged Palestinians"

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/avivaklompas/status/1756650331486802398?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

there’s no bottom to the kind of poo poo Israelis are willing to make up, or the credulity of western Zionists.

Israel will stoop to any low to justify its murder of Palestinians

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Interesting that this came out right after this

Sancho Banana posted:

Ben Gvir has explicitly demanded the Chief of Staff to shoot more women and children

https://www.israelhayom.co.il/news/geopolitics/article/15248717

I guess we know who run the hasbaras

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That's the person who declared war of annihilation on the days of the week, right?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

That's the person who declared war of annihilation on weekdays, right?

I now remember her from this bullshit:

https://x.com/AvivaKlompas/status/1713868746362687862?s=20

Edit: Canadian ofc.

quote:

Co-founder of Boundless 🌍 Former Head of Speechwriting at 🇮🇱 Mission to UN. Author. Speaker. Write on.

Toronto/Jerusalem/NYC/Boston

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

crazy that the IDF never reported any women and children among the dead fighters. you’d think they’d be the primary targets.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

A viva klomp rear end

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its crazy that Israel is without question losing their war, and yet they still get to get away with this because of the backing of the U.S. Both countries deserve their eventual destruction.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

why does all the israeli atrocity propaganda sound like it was made up by a breathless 8-year old trying to impress his buddies?

“yeah they totally raped her, then they cut off her breasts while they were still raping her, then they cut out her fetus and then they raped the fetus and then they beheaded the fetus before raping it again and then they set everyone on fire and cut them up with a chainsaw!!!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Comrade Koba posted:

why does all the israeli atrocity propaganda sound like it was made up by a breathless 8-year old trying to impress his buddies?

“yeah they totally raped her, then they cut off her breasts while they were still raping her, then they cut out her fetus and then they raped the fetus and then they beheaded the fetus before raping it again and then they set everyone on fire and cut them up with a chainsaw!!!

Because based on previous experience, they expect their bullshit to be uncritically accepted by everyone.
They have never had to to tell good lies, the lovely lies have been perfectly acceptable up til now.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

They have the mentality of eight year olds with skin the thickness of wet toilet paper.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the ghost of dave brockie is being channeled by hasbara agents only they don't realize he's being ironic

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

As someone posted earlier, the propaganda is meant to justify atrocities, so the crimes have to be significantly worse than whatever it is they are trying to justify.

In this case, they are justifying the slaughter of women and children, so the propaganda has to invent crimes significantly worse than genocide.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Comrade Koba posted:

ITPUTSTHEBABYINTHEOVENORELSEITGETSMCLOVIN

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

BadOptics posted:

Israeli propagandist, hometown: Toronto/Jerusalem/NYC/Boston

lmao come on!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

As someone posted earlier, the propaganda is meant to justify atrocities, so the crimes have to be significantly worse than whatever it is they are trying to justify.

In this case, they are justifying the slaughter of women and children, so the propaganda has to invent crimes significantly worse than genocide.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

https://x.com/OwenJones84/status/1756753688624853016?s=20
https://x.com/OwenJones84/status/1756766694888948056?s=20

Owen Jones basically lays it all out - yes this line of attack is specifically designed to absolve the IDF of the upcoming massacre of women and children in Rafah.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
v healthy society
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZxHJZ87T5M

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Death to Israel.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Cabbages and Kings posted:

black/white/green stripes down the length, leaving a space for a triangle, let each color dry completely. Red triangle on top.

Wait a day, clean up cuticles, re-do it all to have better edge definition etc. Using fancy revlon poo poo that's probably giving me cancer,.

The first time I did it, looked pretty lovely and I didn't really have a correct shade of green.

It's a way to kill time on zoom meetings, for sure. And yes my hands always look that hosed up all winter, lots of borderline frostbite and hauling firewood, and possibly blooming arthrhitis.

Class!

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Blinken offered his most pointed criticism to date of the high civilian death toll in Gaza, Israeli restrictions on aid and inflammatory rhetoric from Netanyahu and his ministers that he said causes “profound concerns” in the United States.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Weka posted:

I personally think things do matter and most of the places I post in cspam seem to concur. You seem to be more engaged with American electoral politics than geopolitics though (which I am not) so perhaps that is the ethos there as it is certainly more the case.

What I am saying is this sort of media bias is in no way new. It has been reported on extensively before and anyone who has read the newspaper with a somewhat critical eye is aware of it. Here is an article detailing some of its history including academic research into the matter. It is wikipedia so of course it is very both sides.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_coverage_of_the_Arab%E2%80%93Israeli_conflict

You are also misinterpreting what the article is saying. CNN is routing their reporting through their Jerusalem bureau, not through the Israeli government. They have no need to rely on the Israeli government for such self censorship as they are expert in doing it themselves.
From the Intercept article which first reported on this, linked at the bottom of the Guardian piece.

That piece at the bottom links this article about the same stuff happening for the invasion of Afghanistan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/2001/10/31/cnn-chief-orders-balance-in-war-news/0953cacf-77a4-4801-b99b-41a730e43ca7/
https://archive.ph/CF3FU

As to your first point, just bc it's happened regularly it doesn't mean it shouldn't be exposed & challenged; sunlight makes the best disinfectant, and the whole "rely on :dementia: as a source for beheaded babies" is bullshit that should definitely be aired & known widely.

As to your second point, the hed of the intercept story is literally CNN RUNS GAZA COVERAGE PAST JERUSALEM TEAM OPERATING UNDER SHADOW OF IDF CENSOR so I'm gonna stick to the contention that CNN is allowing the israeli government to shape & censor its news, even if every word coming out of there isn't read by the IDF, which I do agree was misleading in my first post.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Cpt_Obvious posted:

the things they invent are still quite obviously not worse than genocide though. well… I guess maybe to their liberal audience who would see killing every woman of a race as worse than killing every man, woman, and child of a race for some reason

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Pookah posted:

Because based on previous experience, they expect their bullshit to be uncritically accepted by everyone.
They have never had to to tell good lies, the lovely lies have been perfectly acceptable up til now.

This is also why cops are so bad at lying

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

They were rude guests who ate dinner at our table uninvited, and they didn't take their shoes off before coming inside!

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Alternative method if you want nice straight lines and don't mind it being a bit more fiddly:

1. Paint nail white and let dry (or skip)
2. Find tape that is (or cut tape to be) ~1/3rd the width of your nails. Lay tape down the center of each nail to mask the white)
3. Paint black and green on each side of the tape.
4. Remove tape and let black+green dry
5. Lay two strips of tape diagonally over nail, leaving a triangle at the cuticle
6. Paint red in the space left by the tape
7. Remove, let dry
8. Clear coat to preserve all that effort!

Tip for this method: use a very opaque red or else the black and green will show through.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Willa Rogers posted:

As to your first point, just bc it's happened regularly it doesn't mean it shouldn't be exposed & challenged; sunlight makes the best disinfectant, and the whole "rely on :dementia: as a source for beheaded babies" is bullshit that should definitely be aired & known widely.

As to your second point, the hed of the intercept story is literally CNN RUNS GAZA COVERAGE PAST JERUSALEM TEAM OPERATING UNDER SHADOW OF IDF CENSOR so I'm gonna stick to the contention that CNN is allowing the israeli government to shape & censor its news, even if every word coming out of there isn't read by the IDF, which I do agree was misleading in my first post.

Sure it is good that the Guardian published this, I'm just saying it is hardly groundbreaking enough for a Pulitzer. As an aside, the Guardian has won the Pulitzer before so it is eligible, Glenn Greenwald won them one in 2014.

Lol at you using a dramatic headline rather than the content of the article to shape your understanding. It's supposed to be us millennials with no attention span! American media is self censoring. It's the propaganda model from Herman and Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent.

Pookah posted:

I dont look much, maybe 5 minutes a day, and it is quite informative. If there really are any actual people posting there, they are absolutely detached from reality. No criticism of Israel is permissible, the IDF are being held to impossibly high standards by the world, and all criticism of Israel is fuelled by hatred of Jewish people.
That's it.

Twitter has multiple high ranking members of Ansar Allah posting on it and they are pretty critical of Israel. There are plenty of westerners doing the same. If your experience is as you described it is a function of who you interact with on there. Heck I posted a tweet from the head of Kaitab Hezbollah in this very thread!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Vomik posted:

the things they invent are still quite obviously not worse than genocide though. well… I guess maybe to their liberal audience who would see killing every woman of a race as worse than killing every man, woman, and child of a race for some reason

Genocide by bernie bro

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1756798236033966169

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Oh, that sounds promising

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you just know the idf would like to keep these embarrassments secret but they know that there are four 4K cameras recording this stuff so they have to get in front of the story somehow

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

another group of losers owned by hamas

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Israel defeats Hamas in Khan Yunis, over 10,000 Gazan terrorists killed

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gonna go with entire tank division murked by friendly fire

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:munch:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Lord of Pie posted:

gonna go with entire tank division murked by friendly fire
https://www.palestinechronicle.com/israeli-media-speak-of-very-large-ambush-in-khan-yunis-breaking/
this random site i found cites a random tweet that says 11 soldiers killed

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Traditionally the delay is to notify families, but that's always been a problem because of the Wife Network. Since nobody took the IDF's phones away, and they're on TikTok constantly, I imagine there's no point in delaying at all, right?

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://x.com/khaliljeries/status/1756832968193044977?s=46&t=8eGAks3mGgDHUb4Mz4yNSw

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I hope every evil soul involved in this crime suffers for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah seems to be extremely heavy bombing of rafah atm