Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Gotta be honest, that Deadpool 3 trailer isn’t half bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Something…something… $3000 a month.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Deadpool 3 is gonna rule

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Is Disney actually allowing it to be R rated?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Crescent Wrench posted:

Any statement that assumes the reader has seen and has opinions on Morbius absolutely does not go without saying.

I think all of gripweed's posts should go without saying

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

you do not, in fact, "gotta hand it" to madame webb

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/MikeStoklasa/status/145991280890101761

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 hours!)

gotta be honest, that trailer which was focus grouped to oblivion to be mildly pleasing and building on decades of similarly pleasing trailers, was mildly pleasing

i'm mildly pleased. please take my money and i'll watch that, and a half hour of trailers for the next 10 versions of that. man how are these quips gonna slightly permutate from movie to movie next.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twisters looks fuckin terrible.

Shocking everyone I’m sure.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MarcusSA posted:

IIRC, the first Twister was fine, but the big draw was the crazy CG effects. This movie won’t have that same gimmick so I’m not sure what the point of the movie is.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

they still don't seem to have tackled the fundamental issue that if you deliberately drive your truck into a tornado I am not concerned with whether or not said tornado kills you

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
in the pitch for Twisters the director walked into the room, wrote 'COW' on a whiteboard, then wrote a $ at the end

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Really disappointed it’s just a requel but not surprised

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

MarcusSA posted:

why they using the same floaties from the first movie if they arent meant to be connected in any way

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

why they using the same floaties from the first movie if they arent meant to be connected in any way

yeah and why are there twisters?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I thought the girl was supposed to be Bills daughter? gently caress if I know.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol we just got the new dunkaccino

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Super Bowl commercials are really bad

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

you want creamy goodness? I'm your friend.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I hope you guys learn a lesson when Madame Web comes out and it’s a perfectly acceptable fun little superhero movie.

*Puts on the They Live glasses*:

Gripweed posted:

look as long as it isn't literally 2 hours of a man having a explosive diarrhea directly into the camera, it just doesn't set off my 'bad movie' alarm.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel
https://x.com/bendreyfuss/status/1756792731689701840?s=20

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

you want creamy goodness? I'm your friend.
Say hello to my chocolate blend :mrgw:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I watched saltburn on amazon prime

talented mr. ripley but trashy is an apt description. could be read as a response to prior entries in that arena, focusing more on sexuality and sensuality, but ultimately felt like bunch of non sequitur cheap thrills stapled to an inferior tale

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 hours!)

saltburn?

is that that movie about a bunch of rich people being evil or something? something rich people make about themselves and think it's social commentary but is almost completely irrelevant cos we've all known that for *checks watch* 180 years? is it that movie? it sounds so interesting, plumbing the depths of 'wow i was born rich, i'm bored, maybe i should be an rear end in a top hat cos nothing else seems to get a reaction'

or is it a different kind of movie

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

roomtone posted:

saltburn?

is that that movie about a bunch of rich people being evil or something? something rich people make about themselves and think it's social commentary but is almost completely irrelevant cos we've all known that for *checks watch* 180 years? is it that movie? it sounds so interesting, plumbing the depths of 'wow i was born rich, i'm bored, maybe i should be an rear end in a top hat cos nothing else seems to get a reaction'

Yeah but dude spins his dong around like a helicopter

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

roomtone posted:

saltburn?

Basically this guy pretends to be rich and starts doing increasingly gross sex stuff until eventually he fucks the ground.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

remember when saltburn was in the eternals with kingo? he played droog or druig and his power was... uh...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

remember when saltburn was in the eternals with kingo? he played droog or druig and his power was... uh...

Absolute mind control and yet they kept talking about how hard their job of convincing people to do things was

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mozi posted:

in the pitch for Twisters the director walked into the room, wrote 'COW' on a whiteboard, then wrote a $ at the end

The really hosed up thing is he actually write the $ at the beginning

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Jose Oquendo posted:

IIRC, the first Twister was fine, but the big draw was the crazy CG effects. This movie won’t have that same gimmick so I’m not sure what the point of the movie is.

For this to be a success it might just have to be touched by, well, the finger of god

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

roomtone posted:

saltburn?

on the right track but not quite. it's rich people propaganda about how the poor are evil perverted rapist liars who are scheming to steal their wealth

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

appropriatemetaphor posted:

YOU PLAY DOM JOT HUMON

Masaka is waking.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's all bad :wal::stat:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's what got people in to see it, but it was a fun, decently paced, pop corn flick with a surprisingly good cast. Not the best movie in the world by far, but a lot better than it had any right to be.

The people in the trailer for the new one seem a mix of boring and annoying characters, and got the feeling from the trailer films going to be a dull dreck with just a lot of people yelling about boring poo poo no one cares about, while a wind machine blows into their face from just off screen.

There's wasn't really any sense of fun or adventure or thrills or even danger. But yeah as Jose said, been enough big budget disaster movies that a few houses getting wrecked by nature isn't anything new.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
new one doesnt have bill paxton so why bother

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Oh, doesn't it?
*Whole drat monkey's paw curls*

Mordja fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 12, 2024

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
actually, if the tornado is possessed by the ghost of bill paxton's character and at the end his face appears in it, i'll at least check it out on cable

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Endless Trash posted:

Super Bowl commercials are really bad

Every company in America is afraid of becoming the next culture war target of some niche twitter group’s ire followed by a boycott followed by senate hearings

Disneys’s ad was literally a series of text quotations, unattributed, in black on a white background. Almost performatively boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

It definitely doesn’t have Phillip Seymour Hoffman in it! PU!