Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I would go see the dunkings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
One other huge benefit of watching the Nickelodeon feed is that the gambling ads seem be be getting replaced by Nickelodeon ads and toy ads

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I could not be more hyped for Shogun

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
loving hell, not another goddamned jesus freak ad

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
ben loves dunkin

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Dunkin best commercial with Tommy

Everyone in New England just came

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

bazinga

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
for the finale, young sheldon should be drawn and quartered

live

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chiefs down 10 in the Super Bowl, it's over

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

We gotta stop with these AI Jesus ads.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I hate Jesus now

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Did Brady gamble away a fortune or something?

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

the payroll for this dunkin domuts commercial is like 400 thousand dollars

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Repeat offenders: Temu, Jesus, Ghosts

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

finally let it be gets used for the context that inspired it: the end of young sheldon

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol they cut the jesus ad off

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

♪ it's tricky tricky tricky ♪

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Punished Turtle posted:

So I heard about Travis Kelce assaulting Andy Reid on life television, but didn't watch it until now, because I knew it would upset me.

Holy poo poo it's even worse than I thought. What the gently caress is wrong with that guy? Andy Reid is, like, the best friend to multiple generations of children. In the Chiefs universe, ANDY REID IS A COACH, who is currently putting mental health and caring for others in the spotlight.

And Travis loving Kelce ... did ... that? And thought it was going to be ... funny? What?

What an rear end in a top hat. What a stupid, self-centered, tone deaf rear end in a top hat.

Full disclosure: all the time, when I was growing up, my dad would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while he screamed in my face. He choked me more than once. He was always out of control, always in a furious rage, and always terrifying. I'm a 51 year-old man and my heart is pounding right now, recalling how I felt when I was a little boy who loved Gunther Cunningham the way today's kids love Andy Reid.

So this appalling, unforgivable, despicable act hits more than one raw nerve for me, and I'm going to say what I wish I'd been able to say when this sort of thing happened to me.

Travis Kelce, this was not okay, and your obviously insincere "apology" clearly communicates that you don't get that.

First of all, you aren't even in the segment, but you just decided to barge in and draw focus because ... why? You couldn't stand that a coach brought people together in a meaningful way that you can't? You couldn't stand that your appearance on national television to promote your wildly successful series was delayed for a few seconds while the adults talked about mental health? You wanted to manufacture a viral moment where everyone gets to see what an rear end in a top hat you are, so they'll tune in and watch you portray an rear end in a top hat in the last season of your show that celebrates how great it is to be an rear end in a top hat without ever experiencing the consequences of being an rear end in a top hat?

I really want to know what raced through his tiny little mind, and why there was no voice or person who spoke up to stop him from expressing violence towards a coach WHO WAS THERE TO TALK ABOUT HOW HIS LOVE AND EMPATHY FOR PEOPLE HAVING A TOUGH TIME MATTERED AND MADE A DIFFERENCE.

Andy Reid and his dad were there to talk about empathy, love, kindness, and caring for each other.

Travis Kelce was there to promote the final (thank god, maybe he'll go away now) season of a television series.

Like, read the room, dickhead. It isn't always about you being the center of attention. And understand what's happening in the moment, fucko. Understand that there are larger things in the world than you and your garbage ego.

You know who is watching the Today show with their parents? Kids who also watch Football. Andy Reid is an avatar for children all over the world. Children who are too small to understand Andy Reid is a coach will know that a man attacked someone they love for no reason, and that will frighten and confuse them.

Andy Reid inspired a deeply meaningful and important moment of collective support among disparate people who have been struggling through the traumas of a pandemic, daily mass shootings, the rise of fascism and everything associated with Trump's violence and cruelty.

And lovely idiot Travis Kelce couldn't leave it alone, for some reason. He had to indirectly tell everyone who opened their hearts to a coach that they were stupid, and he thought it was a good joke to physically attack and choke this character who is beloved by children and adults alike. You know what that tells impressionable young people about sharing their feelings?

Travis Kelce strikes me as a person who mocks and belittles people who are vulnerable and sensitive, and enjoys being cruel, because he feels untouchable. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's who I see whenever I can't find the remote and he's on my television.

By contrast, Andy Reid and the coaches teach and model to children all over the world that kindness and empathy aren't weak or stupid or any of the things people like Travis Kelce and my dad think they are. Andy Reid and the coaches teach children to be gentle and kind, to celebrate our different cultures and to embrace all of our complicated feelings. Andy Reid and the coaches offer comfort and friendship and support to a world that is starving for it.

I hope that, when the dust settles, Travis Kelce’s appalling behavior will be a footnote to a larger story about how, for just one day, a coach made a difference and helped millions of people who are struggling to feel a little less alone. With one question, Andy Reid got lots and lots of people speaking openly and honestly about their mental health. A nontrivial number of people who none of us will ever know were inspired by it, and that was the last little nudge they needed to make the call or send the email to being healing. Andy Reid probably saved lives and relationships by opening that conversation.

A man who would belittle and mock that isn't much of a man at all. Shame on you, Travis Kelce.

Sir this is a Wendys

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

for the finale, young sheldon should be drawn and quartered

live

inshallah

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

nikosoft posted:

That was the dumbest play I've ever seen

That's why it worked. No brain, only football.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jauan Jennings rules

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I've still got Shogun on my shelf with a bookmark in it on page 900 or something. Really should just finish it already

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
this samurai stuff is giving me chills

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Honestly if I was hounded by paparazzi every moment of my life, I would be drinking lots of insane top-shelf hooch.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Dunkin best commercial with Tommy

Everyone in New England just came

Maybe if they didn't all have ED...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

post hole digger posted:

If that was Pacheco it would be a news cycle for the next nine months.

yeah I’m officially off the Kelce train. he's a bitch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

kiimo posted:

I could not be more hyped for Shogun

it looks tight

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
VOLS

BITCH!!!!!

Carnotaurus
Feb 27, 2006

meat-eating bull

RestingB1tchFace posted:

He lost a ton of money in the crypto crash.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

RestingB1tchFace posted:

NFTs

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
jesus runs on dunkin

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

definitely a swiftie now

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
AI jesus ads are creeping me the gently caress out

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh wow my kids are super into the Nickelodeon feed.

Guess I’m watching this the rest of the game.

theCops
Aug 13, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

whoa I think I'm a Swifty now

her and jason will have a full sushi taco bar v soon in that booth

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

"look, we're getting our asses beat. i'm gonna need you guys to play better. we were here last year and will probably be here next year also so it's no big deal if you dont"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
This game slowed to such a crawl I hallucinated the craziest trick play. Then a very strange commercial with Affleck and Damon.

I think I’m back to reality now, 3-0 Niners right?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shinji2015 posted:

How tf did the Jesus campaign get two ads

The Guy’s loaded; do you know who His dad is?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Punished Turtle posted:

So I heard about Travis Kelce assaulting Andy Reid on life television, but didn't watch it until now, because I knew it would upset me.

Holy poo poo it's even worse than I thought. What the gently caress is wrong with that guy? Andy Reid is, like, the best friend to multiple generations of children. In the Chiefs universe, ANDY REID IS A COACH, who is currently putting mental health and caring for others in the spotlight.

And Travis loving Kelce ... did ... that? And thought it was going to be ... funny? What?

What an rear end in a top hat. What a stupid, self-centered, tone deaf rear end in a top hat.

Full disclosure: all the time, when I was growing up, my dad would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while he screamed in my face. He choked me more than once. He was always out of control, always in a furious rage, and always terrifying. I'm a 51 year-old man and my heart is pounding right now, recalling how I felt when I was a little boy who loved Gunther Cunningham the way today's kids love Andy Reid.

So this appalling, unforgivable, despicable act hits more than one raw nerve for me, and I'm going to say what I wish I'd been able to say when this sort of thing happened to me.

Travis Kelce, this was not okay, and your obviously insincere "apology" clearly communicates that you don't get that.

First of all, you aren't even in the segment, but you just decided to barge in and draw focus because ... why? You couldn't stand that a coach brought people together in a meaningful way that you can't? You couldn't stand that your appearance on national television to promote your wildly successful series was delayed for a few seconds while the adults talked about mental health? You wanted to manufacture a viral moment where everyone gets to see what an rear end in a top hat you are, so they'll tune in and watch you portray an rear end in a top hat in the last season of your show that celebrates how great it is to be an rear end in a top hat without ever experiencing the consequences of being an rear end in a top hat?

I really want to know what raced through his tiny little mind, and why there was no voice or person who spoke up to stop him from expressing violence towards a coach WHO WAS THERE TO TALK ABOUT HOW HIS LOVE AND EMPATHY FOR PEOPLE HAVING A TOUGH TIME MATTERED AND MADE A DIFFERENCE.

Andy Reid and his dad were there to talk about empathy, love, kindness, and caring for each other.

Travis Kelce was there to promote the final (thank god, maybe he'll go away now) season of a television series.

Like, read the room, dickhead. It isn't always about you being the center of attention. And understand what's happening in the moment, fucko. Understand that there are larger things in the world than you and your garbage ego.

You know who is watching the Today show with their parents? Kids who also watch Football. Andy Reid is an avatar for children all over the world. Children who are too small to understand Andy Reid is a coach will know that a man attacked someone they love for no reason, and that will frighten and confuse them.

Andy Reid inspired a deeply meaningful and important moment of collective support among disparate people who have been struggling through the traumas of a pandemic, daily mass shootings, the rise of fascism and everything associated with Trump's violence and cruelty.

And lovely idiot Travis Kelce couldn't leave it alone, for some reason. He had to indirectly tell everyone who opened their hearts to a coach that they were stupid, and he thought it was a good joke to physically attack and choke this character who is beloved by children and adults alike. You know what that tells impressionable young people about sharing their feelings?

Travis Kelce strikes me as a person who mocks and belittles people who are vulnerable and sensitive, and enjoys being cruel, because he feels untouchable. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's who I see whenever I can't find the remote and he's on my television.

By contrast, Andy Reid and the coaches teach and model to children all over the world that kindness and empathy aren't weak or stupid or any of the things people like Travis Kelce and my dad think they are. Andy Reid and the coaches teach children to be gentle and kind, to celebrate our different cultures and to embrace all of our complicated feelings. Andy Reid and the coaches offer comfort and friendship and support to a world that is starving for it.

I hope that, when the dust settles, Travis Kelce’s appalling behavior will be a footnote to a larger story about how, for just one day, a coach made a difference and helped millions of people who are struggling to feel a little less alone. With one question, Andy Reid got lots and lots of people speaking openly and honestly about their mental health. A nontrivial number of people who none of us will ever know were inspired by it, and that was the last little nudge they needed to make the call or send the email to being healing. Andy Reid probably saved lives and relationships by opening that conversation.

A man who would belittle and mock that isn't much of a man at all. Shame on you, Travis Kelce.

Have you heard the good word of Usher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Mccafferty is so dreamy