Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

In a world afraid to take chances, only able to produce sequels and endlessly reboot franchises, the NFL brings you The Kansas City Chiefs Vs The San Francisco Adjacent 49ers.

Go here to talk about food: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053830
Go here to talk about the offseason: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054011
Go here to talk about coaching changes: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041188
Stay put if you hate yourself and/or your favorite team.

Super Bowl 58 facts: It's in Las Vegas. Taylor Swift may be shown on TV a lot. Usher is doing the halftime show. That's all I got, I'm putting as much effort into this as the NFL script writers did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
When does the game start?

6:30 p.m. ET, 3:30 pm PT

Where can I watch Super Bowl 58 legally?

CBS
Paramount+
NFL+ on mobile devices
Nikelodeon for the alternative "slimecast"

Which team is which?

The Chiefs are wearing their home colors, a red top with white bottoms.
The 49ers are wearing their away colors, a white top with gold bottoms.

Who are the announcers?

Jim Nantz (play-by-play), Tony Romo (color commentary), Tracy Wolfson and Evan Washburn (sideline reporters), Jay Feely (special teams analyst) and Gene Steratore (rules analyst).

Who are the referees, so I know who to blame for my team losing?

Referee: Bill Vinovich (famously pro-Chiefs, the fix is in!)
Umpire: Terry Killens (a former 49er player, the fix is in!)
Down judge: Patrick Holt
Line judge: Mark Perlman
Field judge: Tom Hill
Side judge: Allen Baynes
Back judge: Brad Freeman
Replay official: Mike Chase
Replay assistant: Jack Persampire

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 11, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Great effort, op

I will post here

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

gently caress the Cowboys

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I wanna hear SpongeBob Squarepants’ opinion on the proliferation of sports gambling.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

suber boll

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Quiet Feet posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The San Francisco 69ers have a 100% ownership stake in my team and so I've been getting emails from Leeds United inviting me to multiple LIVE watch parties

if they win we will be adding it to the roll of honour and the Lombardi trophy will be going to elland road to go in the trophy case

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Bark Purdy vs Patrick Mabones

poor Mr. Bean.... :smith:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 11, 2024

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Quiet Feet posted:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Go Dolphins!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I want to say once again, it has been a fine season shitposting with everyone here in Taylor’s Football Funhouse, even the disturbed individuals who root for Dallas sports teams, the deranged lunatics analyzing obscure stats to claim that Dak Prescott is the 6th best QB in the NFC East, and AFC North fans who enable Kawalimus and will one day be subpoenaed after his attempt to kidnap John Harbaugh ends hilariously on national TV. May we have good posting today, and I’ll see the true degenerates again for the Combine and Day 3 of the Draft.

Except those of you who supported Tom Brady. Y’all can burn in hell.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Watching the Puppy Bowl makes me sad I can't get a dog. :(

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
9ers destined for heartbreak, alas.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MoaM posted:

9ers destined for heartbreak, alas.

yeah probably, at least a bunch of insecure chuddy assholes will be mad Taylor Swift is supporting her SO

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

This really the year they're going to force us to subscribe and immediately cancel a paramount plus sub eh?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Except those of you who supported Tom Brady. Y’all can burn in hell.

next year t*m br*dy will call the super bowl

might as well warn y'all now

also in 3 years the super bowl will be on valentine's day

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Quiet Feet posted:

:haibrow:

And go the 49ers

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I will be watching the big game with my wife and newborn and enjoying paternity leave

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

NickRoweFillea posted:

I will be watching the big game with my wife and newborn and enjoying paternity leave

Congrats, just keep baby away from Kyle shanahan

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao that anyone is bothering to watch this after the big game today when northwestern defeated penn state 68-63 in men's basketball to move up to third place in the Big Ten.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Go chefs and my parlays.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://x.com/bussinwtb/status/1756726759121162315?s=61&t=VfPms4CBkLlZnXNpXD5M5Q

Edit this is not real by the way

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 11, 2024

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gently caress vinovich

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I don’t actually care who wins I’d just like it to be an exciting contest

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I'm just tuning in to see if Kelce propose to Taylor at the end when they win

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

NeonPunk posted:

I'm just tuning in to see if Kelce propose to Taylor at the end when they win

this but Taylor saying yes even though Kelce lost

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Thanks for starting this

Pretty cool matchup this year, all things considered, even though it wasn't what I wanted. I have no dog in this fight, really. AS an Eagles fan, I have some attachment to Andy Reid even though I'm still bitter that he waited to get to KC to go from a good to a great coach. When he left Philly, he remembered he could run the ball once in a while, learned to clock manage and really figured out how to play to the strengths of his team instead of asking Donovan McNabb to throw the ball 60 times every game.

I grew up really liking the way Joe Montana played QB and learned to kinda like the 49ers. Then, in the early 90's, I lived in SF for a while and kinda got caught up in the fandom there so I've always really dug the organization so I hope they win.

If I were betting, I'd take KC but I'm rooting for the 49ers and the fact that the line hasn't moved in two weeks is telling me something here.

Also, I get to a point with certain teams (Dallas in the 90's, New England) where I get tired of the same team always getting the Lombardi Trophy so, for me, as much as I love watching Mahomes play, I kinda love the idea of the last pick in the draft whipping his rear end on the national stage.

So go Niners.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

cheefs bitch

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Ugh why isn't the super bowl at 4pm est. this is intolerable

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://x.com/bleacherreport/status/1756660944170897731?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Feels like we could use his playmaking ability but I guess when you gently caress around and call your team out on a live stream for lying about an injury publicly you get what you pay for

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

I. M. Gei posted:

cheefs bitch

Hey, that's great, but who are the cheefs?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If Team Ruff loses this I am gonna write hate mail to Team Fluff. Real "Arf Bark Bark Bark Arf Woof" poo poo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Did the 49ers write this?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm going for the 49ers so to show my anti Chiefs support I'm wearing my Bucs Super Bowl LIV Champion hoodie.

But what I care about most is hoping my numbers hit on the Super Bowl board.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i’m praying jake moody gives us a good :doink: so we can hear those new doink mics CBS apparently set up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I am excited for the halftime show featuring Usher.

Usher owns.