Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

kiimo posted:

I could not be more hyped for Shogun

Me too. It looks fantasic and early reviews say it's good. Quite the tonal whiplash from Jesus to Shogun tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

lol that offensive lineman just diving to shove the guy coming to intercept that throwback duck

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

post hole digger posted:

We gotta stop with these AI Jesus ads.

The nick stream had ads for Godzilla instead of God

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
LOL Chiefs are shook

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Nick broadcast stays winning

theCops
Aug 13, 2004

Nervous posted:

Have you heard the good word of Usher?

I have And It Is Good

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Hell yeah

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Typing "photorealistic image of a poor person perfect resolution photograph high def poor sad homeless" in chat gpt and making a six million dollar commercial with the results.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SB40, when the steelers "beat" the seahawks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

post hole digger posted:

Typing "photorealistic image of a poor person perfect resolution photograph high def poor sad homeless" in chat gpt and making a six million dollar commercial with the results.

Lmao

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
just popping in to say I miss my football posting pals and I hope you are all good

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

KC has like 4 plays

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Carnotaurus posted:

He lost a ton of money in the crypto crash.

Lucky for him.....he can print money.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
gonna be really let down if the Shogun adaptation doesn't stay true to the original book's authentic racism and misogyny

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

post hole digger posted:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

General Dog posted:

This is the Left’s January 6

taylor swift, who is supposed to be a role model for every young girl in the world, is abusing alcohol in public after flying in her private jet which is actively destroying the environment to root for her drug dealing boyfriend and his loser football teams

donald trump is famously a teetotaler and roots for the niners a good team of winners and not a loser and is not killing the planet like taylor swift

donald trump is provenly better than taylor swift

theCops
Aug 13, 2004

Petey posted:

just popping in to say I miss my football posting pals and I hope you are all good

all good bro sup

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

beet feet

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why is SpongeBob turning like that, it seems unnatural even for a giant mansponge

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I've still got Shogun on my shelf with a bookmark in it on page 900 or something. Really should just finish it already

Oh my god really the ending is hauntingly beautiful

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

post hole digger posted:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kirios posted:

Oh wow my kids are super into the Nickelodeon feed.

Guess I’m watching this the rest of the game.

Bonus, apparently we missed a second Jesus ad by being here.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

okay she's cool now

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Tom Brady seems to be very popular.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Clyde Edwards-NoAir

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

post hole digger posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

raditts posted:

The nick stream had ads for Godzilla instead of God

:lol:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm at a party so I can't post too much but go niners, chiefs suck my rear end in a top hat. Except they can score one touchdown so I can win squares

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Petey posted:

hey Petey, come and stay!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I have no clue why CEH ever sees carries

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
If the Chiefs are gonna lose, I hope they get shut out. Matt Nagy should leave Vegas knowing he is an embarrassment.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sickening posted:

Tom Brady seems to be very popular.

He's white and successful. He's just like I'm going to be when I finally get what I deserve!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Chiefs look like they spent the last two weeks convincing themselves they'd already won.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Punished Turtle posted:

So I heard about Travis Kelce assaulting Andy Reid on life television, but didn't watch it until now, because I knew it would upset me.

Holy poo poo it's even worse than I thought. What the gently caress is wrong with that guy? Andy Reid is, like, the best friend to multiple generations of children. In the Chiefs universe, ANDY REID IS A COACH, who is currently putting mental health and caring for others in the spotlight.

And Travis loving Kelce ... did ... that? And thought it was going to be ... funny? What?

What an rear end in a top hat. What a stupid, self-centered, tone deaf rear end in a top hat.

Full disclosure: all the time, when I was growing up, my dad would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while he screamed in my face. He choked me more than once. He was always out of control, always in a furious rage, and always terrifying. I'm a 51 year-old man and my heart is pounding right now, recalling how I felt when I was a little boy who loved Gunther Cunningham the way today's kids love Andy Reid.

So this appalling, unforgivable, despicable act hits more than one raw nerve for me, and I'm going to say what I wish I'd been able to say when this sort of thing happened to me.

Travis Kelce, this was not okay, and your obviously insincere "apology" clearly communicates that you don't get that.

First of all, you aren't even in the segment, but you just decided to barge in and draw focus because ... why? You couldn't stand that a coach brought people together in a meaningful way that you can't? You couldn't stand that your appearance on national television to promote your wildly successful series was delayed for a few seconds while the adults talked about mental health? You wanted to manufacture a viral moment where everyone gets to see what an rear end in a top hat you are, so they'll tune in and watch you portray an rear end in a top hat in the last season of your show that celebrates how great it is to be an rear end in a top hat without ever experiencing the consequences of being an rear end in a top hat?

I really want to know what raced through his tiny little mind, and why there was no voice or person who spoke up to stop him from expressing violence towards a coach WHO WAS THERE TO TALK ABOUT HOW HIS LOVE AND EMPATHY FOR PEOPLE HAVING A TOUGH TIME MATTERED AND MADE A DIFFERENCE.

Andy Reid and his dad were there to talk about empathy, love, kindness, and caring for each other.

Travis Kelce was there to promote the final (thank god, maybe he'll go away now) season of a television series.

Like, read the room, dickhead. It isn't always about you being the center of attention. And understand what's happening in the moment, fucko. Understand that there are larger things in the world than you and your garbage ego.

You know who is watching the Today show with their parents? Kids who also watch Football. Andy Reid is an avatar for children all over the world. Children who are too small to understand Andy Reid is a coach will know that a man attacked someone they love for no reason, and that will frighten and confuse them.

Andy Reid inspired a deeply meaningful and important moment of collective support among disparate people who have been struggling through the traumas of a pandemic, daily mass shootings, the rise of fascism and everything associated with Trump's violence and cruelty.

And lovely idiot Travis Kelce couldn't leave it alone, for some reason. He had to indirectly tell everyone who opened their hearts to a coach that they were stupid, and he thought it was a good joke to physically attack and choke this character who is beloved by children and adults alike. You know what that tells impressionable young people about sharing their feelings?

Travis Kelce strikes me as a person who mocks and belittles people who are vulnerable and sensitive, and enjoys being cruel, because he feels untouchable. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's who I see whenever I can't find the remote and he's on my television.

By contrast, Andy Reid and the coaches teach and model to children all over the world that kindness and empathy aren't weak or stupid or any of the things people like Travis Kelce and my dad think they are. Andy Reid and the coaches teach children to be gentle and kind, to celebrate our different cultures and to embrace all of our complicated feelings. Andy Reid and the coaches offer comfort and friendship and support to a world that is starving for it.

I hope that, when the dust settles, Travis Kelce’s appalling behavior will be a footnote to a larger story about how, for just one day, a coach made a difference and helped millions of people who are struggling to feel a little less alone. With one question, Andy Reid got lots and lots of people speaking openly and honestly about their mental health. A nontrivial number of people who none of us will ever know were inspired by it, and that was the last little nudge they needed to make the call or send the email to being healing. Andy Reid probably saved lives and relationships by opening that conversation.

A man who would belittle and mock that isn't much of a man at all. Shame on you, Travis Kelce.

You're no Hakan

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
i know the new shogun show is an adaptation, but what is it an adaptation of. a comic, a novel? is it any good?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Do the Stone Cold thing next

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Chiefs look like they spent the last two weeks convincing themselves they'd already won.

They've looked like this for a large part of the year

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
also, gently caress turbo tax.

with a cactus.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Freaquency posted:

I have no clue why CEH ever sees carries

I really believed he'd at least be a fun player even if he was a bad pick.

I guess he had the one game against the Bills his rookie season but other than that...just, nothing. Also can't believe he isn't some sort of weapon out of the backfield as a receiver but nope, that didn't happen either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

ice spice's impostor syndrome has got to be out of this world