Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If it isn't a sellable metric or isn't noticeable by a reviewer before they publish a review money is being left on the table. That money should be going to stock holders, and/or the CEO.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Metaphorically there are already several products that are jars with zero olives.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Look, honey, it's zero calories!

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1756713597864988940

Biden confirmed reader of this thread.

Other coverage if you don't want to click the twitter video: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-calls-snack-companies-stop-shrinkflation-2024-02-11/

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It would be cool if he actually did something to stop them instead of just asking them nicely to please consider stopping

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Companies enter record 482th year straight of not doing the right thing after POTUS asks them to do the right thing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dark Brandon really leaning into it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

democrats finally realizing the value of appealing to angry old people :haibrower:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

deep dish peat moss posted:

It would be cool if he actually did something to stop them instead of just asking them nicely to please consider stopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhnHicRgcL4

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
what if we gave joe biden a gun and let him loose

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

dreezy posted:

what if we gave joe biden a gun and let him loose

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
the president when coming out for a genocidal regime: have some tanks on the house, we're not using them. you guys want s'more cruise missiles?

the president when coming out against domestic companies price gouging: uh, stop, I guess, or don't

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Rochallor posted:

the president when coming out for a genocidal regime: have some tanks on the house, we're not using them. you guys want s'more cruise missiles?

the president when coming out against domestic companies price gouging: uh, stop, I guess, or don't

Has he tried giving tanks and cruise missiles to General Mills?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I don't know if that's the best idea, did you see how the whole banana thing went?

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Major-General Mills

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Rochallor posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1756888470599967000

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Not to mention a certain country had a commercial air during the Super Bowl which is loving baffling to me. Super Bowl commercial money and still we are to give money to unnamed country?

On an entirely other note, has it always been a loving nightmare to find out pet food nutritional info outside of vague percentages? Like how is there no set standard? We’ve managed to do it for humans?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Animals can’t read op so it would be useless to put it on there.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Back in the long, long, ago, the Before Time, someone in cubicle at a company that made jars of olives realized that the company could simply put one fewer olive in every jar they produced. This tiny savings, magnified a hundred thousand fold, produced such a sizable profit that every person who dwelt in every cubicle across the land tried to do the same kind of thing in every single industry, paring the apple as closely as possible without ever digging the knife into the flesh of the fruit. At some point, they put computers in charge of everything. The 21st century dawned. There was a recession, and a pandemic. Though the greater society wallowed and foundered upon the rocks, the numbers needed to rise. Even if the hose was on fire, the plants needed to be watered. The machinery of 21st century capitalism no longer required the rind, or even, the flesh. It wanted blood. And so the enshittification began.

Up until a couple years ago we had a 1960s era consumer protection law here that allowed packed food products to only have round weights like 100g, 150g, 200g, etc. to avoid deceptive packaging. Then they repealed the law to allow the manufacturers more ~freedom and creativity~ in designing their wonderful product packaging and to offer customers a ~better visual shopping experience~ and more ~freedom of choice~.

Those corporate ratfuckers immediately started ripping people off with everything suddenly weighing 97.3g instead of 100g while keeping the price and the packaging the same. Never saw a single benefit to consumers from any of that poo poo.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

On an entirely other note, has it always been a loving nightmare to find out pet food nutritional info outside of vague percentages? Like how is there no set standard? We’ve managed to do it for humans?

No, absolutely not. Back in the 90s there was no nutritional information on pet food at all. Purina had to kill a bunch of pets for us to get what we have now.

Don't look up how many.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

No, absolutely not. Back in the 90s there was no nutritional information on pet food at all. Purina had to kill a bunch of pets for us to get what we have now.

Don't look up how many.

also why i'll never feed my dog their food

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Large Testicles posted:

also why i'll never feed my dog their food

Yep I have several times picked up some dog food, noticed the logo. Nope nope nope.
I’m sure it’s safe but like the gall to not even try a rebrand. Like sure we’re the pet killer brand but think of the decades of brand recognition we’d be throwing out.

Zero shame at all.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Rockstar discontinued these two flavours during the pandemic in which I was and still am addicted. My life has deteriorated ever since.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Those were the only remotely drinkable ones to me, the orange one was basically just like carbonated sunny D

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

kiwid posted:

Rockstar discontinued these two flavours during the pandemic in which I was and still am addicted. My life has deteriorated ever since.

Those were definitely the best rockstars. The only energy drink I really enjoy anymore is the monster rehab, especially the peach tea. But for some reason the teas and especially peach are almost always sold out or low stock. People are obviously buying the poo poo out of them, yet hundreds of cans of flavors people don't buy sit there for ages on the shelf.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

the only ones I like are the pink 0 calorie monsters or the sugar free red bulls

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I stopped drinking energy drinks entirely bc I don’t want to be part of the energy drink class action in 10-20 years

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I stopped drinking energy drinks entirely bc I don’t want to be part of the energy drink class action in 10-20 years

Did you or a loved one drink Red Bull, Monster, Bang, NOS, or Rockstar energy drinks between 1987 and 2025 and now experience chronic heart palpitations, reduced kidney function, tremors, mesothelioma, carbonation-caffeine syndrome type three, or death? The Law Offices of James Sokolove and Sons have helped hundreds of victims of energy drink manufacturers, and they can help you too. Call 1-800-NRG-SUIT, that’s 1-800-674-7848, or visit https://www.2035energydrinksettlement.com on your computer, phone, tablet, or headset today to get the money you deserve!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Those were the only remotely drinkable ones to me, the orange one was basically just like carbonated sunny D

Carbonated Sunny D sounds horrific. God what WAS the deal with Sunny D?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Blue Moonlight posted:

Did you or a loved one drink Red Bull, Monster, Bang, NOS, or Rockstar energy drinks between 1987 and 2025 and now experience chronic heart palpitations, reduced kidney function, tremors, mesothelioma, carbonation-caffeine syndrome type three, or death? The Law Offices of James Sokolove and Sons have helped hundreds of victims of energy drink manufacturers, and they can help you too. Call 1-800-NRG-SUIT, that’s 1-800-674-7848, or visit https://www.2035energydrinksettlement.com on your computer, phone, tablet, or headset today to get the money you deserve!

It's my money and I need it now!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blue Moonlight posted:

Damnit I was a V-Energy guy : (

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Our Brother printer goes though yellow ink like crazy even though we exclusively print black and white

Also it refuses to print anything (even monchrome) if any of the colors are empty

Also you can’t buy specific colors separately so even though it uses yellow twice as quickly as the other colors I have to buy the full set every time

This poo poo is such a blatant scam lmao. Should I just buy the cheapest monochrome laser printer that I can find?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Rockstar genuinely tasted really good and was very reasonably priced a few years ago and helped me survive grad school. They got markedly lovely specifically after being acquired by Pepsi in 2020 after which they immediately reformulated everything, ruined all the flavors, and jacked the prices up to be in line with everything else. They now taste like absolute rear end.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Buy a dot matrix, the ribbons last forever.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bouillon Rube posted:

Our Brother printer goes though yellow ink like crazy even though we exclusively print black and white

Also it refuses to print anything (even monchrome) if any of the colors are empty

Also you can’t buy specific colors separately so even though it uses yellow twice as quickly as the other colors I have to buy the full set every time

This poo poo is such a blatant scam lmao. Should I just buy the cheapest monochrome laser printer that I can find?

Is there some way to block the yellow ink so it can't dispense and thinks its full forever?

You have voided your warranty, printer stops working entirely

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Outrail posted:

Is there some way to block the yellow ink so it can't dispense and thinks its full forever?

You have voided your warranty, printer stops working entirely

drat good idea let me try tha-

CLEAR BLOCKAGE FROM YELLOW NOZZLE

YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Bouillon Rube posted:

printer thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862377

general consensus is: Don't buy a printer. If you absolutely must have a printer: don't buy an inkjet, don't buy a color laser, buy a monochrome Brother. If you need to print in color sometimes, go to a print shop. If you print color regularly, get a printer with refillable tanks.

FWIW my office had a Brother color laser that would print in b+w just fine with the CMY cartridges completely empty. This was some time ago, though. Inkjet printers will use their color ink for black and white printing supposedly to keep the nozzles from getting gunked up with dried up ink, but we all know there are plenty of reasons why a company that sells printers at a loss would want to find reasons for using as much ink as possible.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Once I realized I pretty much only print shipping labels I bought a thermal printer and never looked back.

It's a good printer. Sometimes I give it a gentle kiss before I tuck it back in its box after I use it.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

bossy lady posted:

Once I realized I pretty much only print shipping labels I bought a thermal printer and never looked back.

It's a good printer. Sometimes I give it a gentle kiss before I tuck it back in its box after I use it.

I DM D&D and I don’t let my players use phones/iPads & make them take notes etc and realized it was kind of onerous for spell books so I bought a thermal printer and I use it to print out spell and character feature descriptions to peel and stick in their notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Rockstar genuinely tasted really good and was very reasonably priced a few years ago and helped me survive grad school. They got markedly lovely specifically after being acquired by Pepsi in 2020 after which they immediately reformulated everything, ruined all the flavors, and jacked the prices up to be in line with everything else. They now taste like absolute rear end.

Regular rockstar tastes like off brand red bull, which also sucks.