Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Holy gently caress this is great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Well this halftime show loving whips

Countdown until anime guitar catgirl is outed for wokeness

This is sick too

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao they pulled lil Jon and Ludacris out of retirement for this. This is the only halftime show I have ever genuinely loved

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Randabis posted:

guitar catgirl

This is sick too

Wtf I can't believe SA is making me want to eatch he superbowl and ads but I can't.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao they pulled lil Jon and Ludacris out of retirement for this. This is the only halftime show I have ever genuinely loved

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Just wanna say gently caress some politics, I'm just gonna vote Biden w/no compunctions and lol at CHUD/Self Defeaters brains' doing fauxsmug, big angry melts over the next few years

e: Also halftime show whipped rear end

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Just wanna say gently caress some politics, I'm just gonna vote Biden w/no compunctions and lol at CHUD/Self Defeaters brains' doing fauxsmug, big angry melts over the next few years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxBSyx85Kp8

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Wtf I can't believe SA is making me want to eatch he superbowl and ads but I can't.

Genuinely one of the best halftime shows in recent memory

We have Swiss Family Robinson cosplayers at home.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 12, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah ain't it great?

Try being happy

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RFK Jr.: Brought to you by the guy who made the thing that helped destroy your PC in the early 2000s by downloading an MP3 of Forgot About Dre that was actually a virus.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TopHatGenius posted:

Holy gently caress this is great!

Usher, Alicia Keys, lil Jon and Ludacris all looked like they were having a ball. All hugging each other and just going nuts and having fun. Best Super Bowl halftime show I have ever seen. Also ludacris’ hair is out of loving control and I don’t understand how it’s not gray yet

Waffle House posted:

e: Also halftime show whipped rear end

I have never ever had anything nice to say about a halftime show (or anything at all tbh) but goddamn I want to watch a show with the 4 of them just hanging out

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

nine-gear crow posted:

RFK Jr.: Brought to you by the guy who made the thing that helped destroy your PC in the early 2000s by downloading an MP3 of Forgot About Dre that was actually a virus.

Rather than burning that amount of money why don't they ever like reach out and offer it to me? I promise I'll do more good with it than a commercial everyone will make fun of.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hahahahaha none of these things are true and this person is dying terminally mad online

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Randabis posted:

Genuinely one of the best halftime shows in recent memory

Dang, oh well. I'm sure I can watch it on youtube soon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Usher, Alicia Keys, lil Jon and Ludacris all looked like they were having a ball. All hugging each other and just going nuts and having fun. Best Super Bowl halftime show I have ever seen. Also ludacris’ hair is out of loving control and I don’t understand how it’s not gray yet

Yeah, that was a great Half Time show. Usher looked like he was sweating three people's worth of water though, probably because he was wearing like 18 layers of clothing and took one off for each song.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's literally always just "[Popular thing]? No that [thing] bad!" They are just posting lovely hot takes in order to get attention.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

No, because Bud Light responded to the controversy by throwing Dylan Mulvaney to the wolves and putting the marketing exec in charge of the whole thing on “leave.”

I think every other brand basically dealt with conservative backlash by continuing to do what they did and nothing happened. Bud Light freaked out and was the first time a conservative boycott had a noticeable effect on their business. Maybe that’s because Bud Light was more reliant on chuds as customers than Kuerig and Target, maybe it’s because LGBTQ+ and their allies didn’t feel great about buying Bud Light given the brand’s reaction. :shrug:

The irony of the boycotters buying extra to make a performative gesture of destroying a thing compensated for the quiet avoidant boycott of LGBTQ+ who backed off over the less-than-personable response is only a half-LOL from me.

:hmbol: As an avid not-church-goer, even I'm familiar with the evangelist anthem of "love the sinner, hate the sin" but :hmbol: conflating the two as one and the same

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Song still slaps. First time I ever heard it I was on a fuckton of extacy in Bethesda and interrupted the DJ’s set to ask what the “alarm clock” song was. It’s still on my main playlist

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

I have never ever had anything nice to say about a halftime show (or anything at all tbh) but goddamn I want to watch a show with the 4 of them just hanging out

Other performers have been happy to be there:

Overall a p. banging halftime show

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

RFK jr ad

https://twitter.com/Kentucky_Sparky/status/1756854583320629266?s=20

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Your erections are rigged.

Your nation is running out of Mcdonalds.

An illegal regime forced you to watch Taylor Swift.

But you've got time to post in the Trump thread?

Bread and circuses for goons.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Dang, oh well. I'm sure I can watch it on youtube soon.

I just get to watch it because I’m a nerd and got 5 bucks a month paramount plus for 3 months. It was worth it just for the curse show.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

New avatars just dropped.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vampire Panties posted:

Other performers have been happy to be there:

Overall a p. banging halftime show

Usher channeling Michael Jackson was great. In a world of tired-rear end corporate scripted mega rockstar halftime shows, I genuinely loved this one and will probably send Usher a thank you card for making this not suck

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Frank Frank posted:

This was p great but you should really watch the Michael Jackson and Prince half time shows, those are easily the two to beat. The prince one in particular is insane in the pouring rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WYYlRArn3g

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 12, 2024

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

so it's safe to say the RFK is funded through piracy money?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

The halftime show just reminded me how much I loved Alicia Keys. :allears:

Edit: also H.E.R., hot drat.

My Face When fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 12, 2024

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Why ain’t they woking against Beyoncé? Did you just see that drat commercial? That seems like something that should be right up their alley.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Escape From Noise posted:

Are these good or bad odds? Is AI Hunter going to the slammer???

I know this is from 300 pages ago probably but sometimes you have to try very hard to see the maga perspective. Obviously you want to tread lightly in there - in and out. More than about 90 seconds dissolves some kind of gland.

So imagine that you were at the California Mid-State Fair in 1998 and went up on stage at a hypnotist show. Maybe ten, fifteen others were up there too. You hear some phrase and you do whatever it was, and you aren’t aware of either end. You’re an inside asset now. Same guy does the same show - ten, fifteen per night. Maybe there’s an afternoon show. Maybe two with a matinee.

Now who is in control. Might as well be Donald Trump, not some festival magician in 1998. Welcome to the Republican Party.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

sad lol that Jesus is too woke for evangelicals today

It's been a bit for years that even the sell out whore Evangelist preachers are running into issues with the fact that the toxic conservatives are so hyper-aggro that can't even vaguely talk about Christ's message as it's too much pussy liberal bullshit. They are literally becoming too extreme to even pretend to listen to Christianity in any form, even that Prosperity Gospel nonsense.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Is this for real? The Kennedy “campaign”, insofar as it can be called one, actually paid to run that ad during the Super Bowl?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Bottom Liner posted:

This was p great but you should really watch the Michael Jackson and Prince half time shows, those are easily the two to beat. The prince one in particular is insane in the pouring rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WYYlRArn3g

I’m old so I have. I just haven’t seen anything like that in years. Used to lip synced superband bs

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Is this for real? The Kennedy “campaign”, insofar as it can be called one, actually paid to run that ad during the Super Bowl?

100% real

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Was that Jack in a Satoshi shirt?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Holy poo poo Jay-z looks like my black grampa wtf

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Man I completely missed the Limewire thing. I went from Napster to Kazaa to torrents. I felt like Limewire came after torrents but what was the point by then?

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Wifi Toilet posted:

Was that Jack in a Satoshi shirt?

I didn't see his shirt but it was Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmaooooooooooo