Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah weren't the 2 rabbit dads how wolf boy and fox girl got into the warren.

I might be conflating the block of reruns that ran alongside the current crop, admittedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Oh right yeah, they've just had way less screen time and all I remember them is for being awfully controlling and overbearing. Well that's on me, but also still not great we can point at two gay couples, one per orientation, period.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It really is. It's got charm, it's got great humour, it's got nice art, and it's also wonderfully humanizing in that "despite our surface level differences, we're all kinda similar in the end" way. I love it!

The person who wrote that knows a lot about the kid in me.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

I can only hope that "Communicates almost entirely through knowing, enigmatic smiles" applies to everyone who works for the Witch-Queen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, January 11-17, 1984

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Josh remains the goddamn worst.

Has to be one of a manager's little pleasures to respond to that with 'Nope! gently caress off', though

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hostile V posted:

Doin' Your Wife Comics
Y'know in retrospect there are gay couples in this comic, there's Rhino and Horse who love each other very much as lesbians, but I don't think we've ever seen two he/him identifiers get together at all.

The one rabbit that stole the lion BF from the lioness has two dads. I now accept my sentence as a K&K lore-knower.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

she wouldn't, but the DM would. Honestly surprised he never replaced Marla with Josh by now. Not that I like Josh, but we know how managers work.

The only reason that Marla has the job now instead of Josh is that Stuart's boss is a feminist, so he promoted the woman so that he would look good to her. He made it clear that this was not his preference, though.

Anyway, my advice to Josh is don't take a counteroffer. Not that he's likely to get one.

And here I was thinking it was because your lungs are not in your stomach. Such a dummy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

thisusedyet posted:

Has to be one of a manager's little pleasures to respond to that with 'Nope! gently caress off', though

Ask A Manager has a kinda recurring theme of "if you're going to do that you need to be willing to receive an answer of 'no, good luck with your new job' and acknowledge that your days there are numbered even if they give a counteroffer."

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The irony of Josh worshipping the lovely corporate spirit and then thinking it'll treat HIM fair is perfect. Retail does so much with such a simple concept. :discourse:

Of course Josh would actively try to block, deny and mock guys like Cooper from promotions and life saving health benefits but then demand better for himself from the same bureaucracy.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

maltesh posted:

I can only hope that "Communicates almost entirely through knowing, enigmatic smiles" applies to everyone who works for the Witch-Queen.

Resting cryptic face.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tendales posted:

Resting cryptic face.

"Do you think you have what it takes to serve in this nation's government?"
*smiles knowingly*
"You're hired."

Budget meeting, everyone just sits there smiling at each other. "Okay, great progress. Same time next month?"

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Remember, before you send that email, stop! Ask yourself "could this communication have been an enigmatic smile?"
Efficiency is our goal!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I made this because I think it had to be made.

F MInus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Surprise!

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 5/4/52

Archie 7/14-16/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 1/24-26/77

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It's A Sketchy Life for February 9, 1928! This edition is wrapped in a V-Day cover by Russell Patterson.

G.B. Inwood:

Sanford Tousey:

Nate Collier:

John Held Jr.:

No signature, but this style is very familiar.

Ned Hilton:

Don Herold:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

EasyEW posted:

Don Herold:

"I miss the days when doctors would make their own concoction of cocaine, opium, rye alcohol, battery acid, lemon juice, cannabis, soma, and menthol. I can't remember the three months I took it, but I assume that means it worked."

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Yeah, OK, she’s just trolling the thread from the past at this point

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
That looks like a strip detailing her visits to the doctor in which her son receives the vaccinations though? :confused:

I think somebody/ies read a lot more emphasis on something one of these strips said months ago and the metaphorical snowball has just rolled downhill growing larger and larger for what is a relatively benign strip about a mother raising a child and fully admitting to her own cheeky biases and ignorance.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
live virus given orally is such a funny way to describe it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

eat the disease

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 20: Extreme Freaks

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Are YOU a humidity princess? Meet humidity princesses in your area now!

What do think Tom is drinking here? Look's like absinthe which would make sense for him.

Four pages this week as Steeple concludes!

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
could be worse! early vaccines used to involve putting lymphnodes cut out from animals directly under your skin.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

riderchop posted:

live virus given orally is such a funny way to describe it
Oh sure if a Japanese baby in the 1990s does it, it's called "being vaccinated against polio".

But if I ask a stranger at a rave to spit in my mouth,

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 12, 2024

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The_Other posted:

Steeple website

What do think Tom is drinking here? Look's like absinthe which would make sense for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQAG0JEb718

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Selachian posted:

Archie 7/14-16/49

Interesting how long this style of joke's been in rotation.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Surprise!

Serious question: Are we supposed to empathize with this turd? He's a world-class creep and I can't tell anymore whether the author is aware of that.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The_Other posted:

Steeple website

mint liqueur but he claims it's absinthe

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mary Worth has a hosed sense of who gets narrative sympathy, so I imagine we're expected to be rooting for this guy as he eventually works out to love his not-daughter or whatever.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Serious question: Are we supposed to empathize with this turd? He's a world-class creep and I can't tell anymore whether the author is aware of that.

he's one of ARE TROOPS so yes :(

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Squishy posted:

Mary Worth has a hosed sense of who gets narrative sympathy, so I imagine we're expected to be rooting for this guy as he eventually works out to love his not-daughter or whatever.

He should have hosed around more.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

he is more than that! He is also a BOY IN BLUE BACK THE BLUE WE LOVE OUR POLICE!

and he is a Real Man Who Eats Real Meat, not a lying evil commie soyboy beanie weakling.

I am curious how Mary Worth will play this. Will he sense a scam or state she is his daughter because he loves her mother who, from what we have seen, ran the gently caress away for a valid reason?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

How dare WAR Mom.... have her child's vaccines administered on schedule as prescribed by medical professionals?

I know some people in the thread, myself included, have at times been critical of her attitude toward the medical profession, but weird to assume this would be one of those times.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Hard to say. I still say Moy is savvy enough to know when she's writing an rear end in a top hat, but at the same time she also knows who the primary readership of Mary Worth is going to be.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Don't want to piss off the few ancient animated piles of dust who still read newspaper comics.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, WAR mom (that just feels weird to type) is getting the kid vaccinated, I don't know why anyone would think I would be pissed about that?

Wait. I remember Holbrook doing Covid in the Dethany strip, did that poo poo cross over into the animal hellworld?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Didn’t the daughter originally find him using one of those dna genealogy sites? It’s been so long I honestly can’t remember, but maybe her being an annoying vegetarian who cares about things will bother him less now that she’s just his girlfriend’s daughter and he doesn’t have to be so personally invested in her. A happy ending!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cowslips Warren posted:

Yeah, WAR mom (that just feels weird to type) is getting the kid vaccinated, I don't know why anyone would think I would be pissed about that?

Wait. I remember Holbrook doing Covid in the Dethany strip, did that poo poo cross over into the animal hellworld?
I choose to assume it started in Hellworld and crossed over into ours, therefore it's hellworld's fault.

And people assumed we would get mad about it because daring to criticize anything WAR mom automatically means we hate any and everything that she does, per goon hivemind tradition. You either agree with someone completely and kiss their rear end relentlessly or you will not stop until their head is on a spike over your doorway as a warning to all others who would contemplate doing A Thing I Don't Like, nuance is not to be tolerated.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

I AM GRANDO posted:

Didn’t the daughter originally find him using one of those dna genealogy sites? It’s been so long I honestly can’t remember, but maybe her being an annoying vegetarian who cares about things will bother him less now that she’s just his girlfriend’s daughter and he doesn’t have to be so personally invested in her. A happy ending!

Went back to look and when she popped up she said she had done research based on what her mother told her about her father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Malachite_Dragon posted:

And people assumed we would get mad about it because daring to criticize anything WAR mom automatically means we hate any and everything that she does, per goon hivemind tradition. You either agree with someone completely and kiss their rear end relentlessly or you will not stop until their head is on a spike over your doorway as a warning to all others who would contemplate doing A Thing I Don't Like, nuance is not to be tolerated.
I think it's because some people explicitly were like 'I bet she has interesting opinions about vaccines' to accuse her of having an anti-vax attitude and this comic shows that no she's pretty normal about them.

I mean I don't think anyone was seriously calling her an anti-vaxxer, just saying her attitude about other things rubbed them the wrong way because of how it can snowball into stuff like that, but similarly I don't think anyone seriously thought people would be mad that she went and got her baby vaccinated.