Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1755966076075065777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

That’s just the cost of doing business. When you soar higher than the eagles some people are going to fatally scream blood

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Don't hold your breath when the plane is rapidly ascending or this could happen to you

just kidding

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Did his esophagus tear or something? That's horrific.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Scathach posted:

From the description it sounds like a large artery in his head rupturing. They normally don't do that, I want to make this clear

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Are we sure he simply didn't see a really hot scantily-clad woman?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

He heard Jack Black singing Master Exploder

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
HACE and HAPE are no joke. This sounds like the guy already felt bad ahead of time though.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

From the description it sounds like a large artery in his head rupturing. They normally don't do that, I want to make this clear

That's what I was wondering. I'm running this by my ER friend, she's worked in Seattle forever and I must know wtf.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Scathach posted:

That is my guess. Long term alcoholics will often develop Bleeding Esophageal Varices which can spontaneous rupture. I've seen it once, the guy vomited several liters of blood in a manner of minutes. Even after working in healthcare for years, it was horrifying.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:ohno:
good night everyone

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1755959348734341534

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lobok posted:

Are we sure he simply didn't see a really hot scantily-clad woman?

There is no record of him saying AWOOGA, so no.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1755798676172050787

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Don't listen to them, this is super common. like leading cause of death for people who post regular on internet forums, that's one of the initial symptoms. Just typing away, about to hit post, then suddenly feel a sneeze coming on, BAM!!!! liters of blood out the nose and mouth!!!!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Don't listen to them, this is super common. like leading cause of death for people who post regular on internet forums, that's one of the initial symptoms. Just typing away, about to hit post, then suddenly feel a sneeze coming on, BAM!!!! liters of blood out the nose and mouth!!!!

Well, there are a lot of these people going around the world all the time, and very seldom does anything like this happen … I just don’t want people thinking that throats aren’t safe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kill all boat-owners, IMHO.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Kill all boat-owners, IMHO.

Nobody has ever told me not to divert any rivers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Tom Scott had a video about a certain canal being electrified to stop an invasive carp species from getting into the Great Lakes.
Maybe they should electrify that river too with a stronger current to zap any would-be shovellers

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

dr_rat posted:

:shrug: gotta die sometime

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Man, I don't know about this one.... it looks like the part of the river that runs behind that sandbar is less than half a mile long and his digging just cut out the last 1,300 or so feet of it, and he did it not just for the hell of it but because the park service stopped dredging it so it was silting up and trapping boats and hampering rescue efforts

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

tacodaemon posted:

Man, I don't know about this one.... it looks like the part of the river that runs behind that sandbar is less than half a mile long and his digging just cut out the last 1,300 or so feet of it, and he did it not just for the hell of it but because the park service stopped dredging it so it was silting up and trapping boats and hampering rescue efforts

Answers probably in the middle. Channeling through the dune like that is going to be a short lived inlet without extra dredging but not before turbulenting up the currents and eroding the neighboring beach and dune. A worst of all worlds approach compared to taking over the dredging of the current channel or doing a hydrologic study to identify a longer living channel that could be canaled out in case there is a reason I'm missing that someone just can't launch a dinghy from the swimming beach to rescue kayakers.

In the end the dudes wanting their boat launch to work will probably get what they want as the area is probably at the top of the stack for an engineer to mitigate dune damage and that probably involves a clean boatable channel but I won't fault them for just closing it off to boats out of spite.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/elytramithra/status/1756849531692437673?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

zedprime posted:

Answers probably in the middle. Channeling through the dune like that is going to be a short lived inlet without extra dredging but not before turbulenting up the currents and eroding the neighboring beach and dune. A worst of all worlds approach compared to taking over the dredging of the current channel or doing a hydrologic study to identify a longer living channel that could be canaled out in case there is a reason I'm missing that someone just can't launch a dinghy from the swimming beach to rescue kayakers.

In the end the dudes wanting their boat launch to work will probably get what they want as the area is probably at the top of the stack for an engineer to mitigate dune damage and that probably involves a clean boatable channel but I won't fault them for just closing it off to boats out of spite.

Yeah it was far from a great idea on his part but it does sound like the locals had been getting pissed off for a while, and as someone with her own resentments of the National Park Service for local stuff*, I kinda get it

* they're responsible for a lot of small parks here in DC and hardly ever bother to clear the snow and ice in the winter from the sometimes quite lengthy sidewalks they're responsible for, effectively loving up whole neighborhoods for days at a time, so I have a longstanding grudge

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The fun part was that the slime mold wasn't necessary for the operation of the watch, it was added solely so people would feel the need to care for it.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I'm amazed you can have a river like that. It seems like the first good storm it'd wash away the river bank, heck I'm surprised that the river just doesn't "leak" through the sand into the lake.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Viscous Soda posted:

I'm amazed you can have a river like that. It seems like the first good storm it'd wash away the river bank, heck I'm surprised that the river just doesn't "leak" through the sand into the lake.
Wait till you hear what's inside sandbags and other soil levees.

Beaches and dunes are generally in a spot where the prevailing currents dump sand and sediment instead of erode. You need sand and prevailing currents and lake Michigan is kind of special for this out of the Great Lakes. But basically left alone the river and the lake will replenish the dune untill it reaches a point that it changes the currents that it doesn't want to drop it off right there.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Where can I get one?
Where can I volunteer to be a watch slime mold?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1757010584216678728

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Somehow I was expecting something much worse than rear end in a top hat, based on it being headline worthy

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Captain Hygiene posted:

Somehow I was expecting something much worse than rear end in a top hat, based on it being headline worthy

Well it’s not like he wore a tan suit or anything

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

First he started posting epic memes on TikTok, now this, my respect for Biden is belatedly growing

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I thought it was going to be some weirdo and instead it's the hottest man in Dublin.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You have to put yourself out there with confidence. I applaud this man, and surely there must be someone out there who would love to show off her dumpy middle-aged accountant boyfriend who would never cheat on her.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I'd choose him over the Texas Romeo.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'd choose him over the Texas Romeo.

You’re really missing out on a prize: https://www.linkedin.com/in/romeo-rose-608a10114

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He claims to have been at Geffin records since 1974. Geffin records was founded in 1980. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Good Luck to all our Catholic readers

https://twitter.com/FionaSmall/status/1757512945137778848