Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
nerds gummi clusters are fantastic, big chewy nerds are ok. Classic nerds are still really good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Not an opinion just a preference but I must be in the minority. I really can't stand wearing noise-cancelling headphones. They make me feel disoriented and like my ears are all plugged up, way more distracting than any sound they're blocking. I've been told they're great on planes, but the worst thing about the noise in a plane is not being able to hear anything else.

i had noise-cancelling headphones all the way up until i got my first pair of open-back headphones and I have never looked back

granted I only wear them at my desk and I don't have tons of sound to drown out, but audio quality while still being able to hear poo poo in the house is pretty good

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I will pay good money to anyone who wants to mail me the real best gummies, trolli sour bursting crawlers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I don’t care for sour candy

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Gripweed posted:

I don’t care for sour candy

Really? I'd say it was the best song on the album.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Gripweed posted:

Nerds Gummy Clusters are the first big step forward in candy in the past decade

I learned today the hard way that me not liking them is in fact a personally held unpopular opinion.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Dweebs were a better candy than nerds. I don’t know if they still make them, I haven’t seen dweebs in years.

I also haven’t eaten nerds in about two decades, maybe I should.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Shithouse Dave posted:

Dweebs were a better candy than nerds. I don’t know if they still make them, I haven’t seen dweebs in years.

I also haven’t eaten nerds in about two decades, maybe I should.

Nerds hold up

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

There is absolutely no reason for a package of multiple servings of food to be non-resealable. Just put ziplocs on literally everything already.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

All plastic packaging should be eliminated

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Rick posted:

I learned today the hard way that me not liking them is in fact a personally held unpopular opinion.
What was the "hard way"?!

Shithouse Dave posted:

Dweebs were a better candy than nerds.
I have no recollection of these even though I am old enough, but I really want to try them. They were discontinued in the 90s but were brought back to Europe in 2022.

Ommin has a new favorite as of 18:43 on Feb 12, 2024

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Warheads > all

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Naw, Spain spanish sounds terrible and Argentina is worse. The rest are mid. Most italian sounds like cartoon characters past Turin. It’s just facts.

Yeah, Spain Spanish sounds like robot newsanchors or something. I don't know if it's that offputting because I'm from an area with Spanish speakers who are like 99.9% from Central or South America, but still.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Warheads > all

:hmmwrong:

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Muscle Tracer posted:

There is absolutely no reason for a package of multiple servings of food to be non-resealable. Just put ziplocs on literally everything already.

What's weird is I bought some socks and they come in a ziploc bag. Like I'm gonna keep my socks in there. And I need to keep them fresh or something.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It should be made illegal to advertise tv in front of films. Inferior art should never be given a platform by the superior.
Also ban all advertising.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ommin posted:

What was the "hard way"?!

I have no recollection of these even though I am old enough, but I really want to try them. They were discontinued in the 90s but were brought back to Europe in 2022.

I confidently expressed my opinion expecting everyone to agree and my friends said "wrong." Shattering.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Shithouse Dave posted:

I haven’t seen dweebs in years.

Turn off your monitor.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Chrono Trigger is massively, massively overrated. It’s a fine enough game, it’s got a lot to like, but its reputation of being one of the best jrpgs of all time is ridiculous. It isn’t even the best Square game of its era! (That would be Final Fantasy V)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
New York pizza is overrated as hell, probably second only to Naples pizza in overratedness

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

thetoughestbean posted:

Chrono Trigger is massively, massively overrated. It’s a fine enough game, it’s got a lot to like, but its reputation of being one of the best jrpgs of all time is ridiculous. It isn’t even the best Square game of its era! (That would be Final Fantasy V)

Everyone knows Chrono Trigger sucks. It's just an elaborate troll that's been going on for decades.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Gaius Marius posted:

It should be made illegal to advertise tv in front of films. Inferior art should never be given a platform by the superior.
Also ban all advertising.

Do we have a thats fascism emote like we do for capitalism

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

New York pizza is overrated as hell, probably second only to Naples pizza in overratedness

New York pizza is the most milquetoast pizza on the planet. It's the Wonder Bread of pizza. Never amazing, never terrible. It just is.

That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with it being someone's favorite style of pizza because big floppy slices of fat and carbs are fun to eat.

The true pizza champion will always be the French bread pizza from my rural grade school that we got every single Thursday. The only pizza place that delivered to us was a town away and terrible (always way undercooked) so those garbage squares of stale bread painted with unseasoned tomato sauce and slapped with a fistful of cheap shredded mozzarella cheese was the best pizza us kids could get consistently. Every once in awhile they'd run out of mozzarella and use cheddar instead. Those days were great because they'd toss some shredded lettuce and dices tomatoes and salsa on the side and called it "Mexican Pizza". It ruled.

I've certainly had much better pizza, but I've got tons of fond memories of those school lunches.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Taco/Mexican pizza is pretty underrated but seems to be getting harder to find.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Robobot posted:

New York pizza is the most milquetoast pizza on the planet. It's the Wonder Bread of pizza. Never amazing, never terrible. It just is.

There is much better pizza here than the kind that everyone thinks of as "New York pizza", which is why I don't even really like using the term "New York pizza" in the first place.

quote:

The true pizza champion will always be the French bread pizza from my rural grade school that we got every single Thursday.

[...]

I've certainly had much better pizza, but I've got tons of fond memories of those school lunches.

We got that pizza in NYC public school too, and yes, it ruled. Good old nostalgia :allears:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The Simpsons has never made me laugh. At best it’s given me a small smirk.

I’m talking about classic Simpsons, too. The seasons that people insist was its height

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Robobot posted:

ng with it being someone's favorite style of pizza because big floppy slices of fat and carbs are fun to eat.

The true pizza champion will always be the French bread pizza from my rural grade school that we got every single Thursday. The only pizza place that delivered to us was a town away and terrible (always way undercooked) so those garbage squares of stale bread painted with unseasoned tomato sauce and slapped with a fistful of cheap shredded mozzarella cheese was the best pizza us kids could get consistently. Every once in awhile they'd run out of mozzarella and use cheddar instead. Those days were great because they'd toss some shredded lettuce and dices tomatoes and salsa on the side and called it "Mexican Pizza". It ruled.

Finnish pizza, made by Turkish immigrants that really brought pizza to Finland, will always be the best. Greasy, home delivery included if you ordered 2, with classic toppings like kebab, smetana, egg. I ate too many of them while hung over, or perhaps was hung over too often. :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Yeah, I like NYC pizza and all, but I really wish frutti di mare were a thing here :finland:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

The best pizza in NYC, same as anywhere else, is Detroit style pizza

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
It's funny how pizza went through so many phases, to end up being made by Turks in Finland.

That's old knowledge too, dunno how it is now. Haven't been ordering home delivery pizza for years.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

thetoughestbean posted:

The Simpsons has never made me laugh. At best it’s given me a small smirk.

I’m talking about classic Simpsons, too. The seasons that people insist was its height

What has made you laugh

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Work from home seems like hell and work from home likers kinda make me worried for their home life

Also applies to home gym havers

Home is where I man my posting and gaming battlestation and escape work. I do not want it here. Taking the bus to and from work and the gym is a nice chill transition. Keep work out of home.

Also having toddler twins and a newborn is work, I ain’t answering emails or calls here gently caress you bossman. I’ll maybe read work texts but respond? lol

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Feb 16, 2024

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's probably more appealing for people without kids or with a hell commute

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Aramek posted:

I'd like to believe you, but sci-fi is inherently better than fantasy.

Warhammer 40K has about zero sci-fi in it, unless your definition of that is "there are spaceships"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Disco Pope posted:

Warhammer 40K has about zero sci-fi in it, unless your definition of that is "there are spaceships"

That is the definition of sci-fi, yes.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

steinrokkan posted:

What has made you laugh

Most recently? An episode of the Flop House podcast

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Work from home seems like hell and work from home likers kinda make me worried for their home life

Also applies to home gym havers

Home is where I man my posting and gaming battlestation and escape work. I do not want it here. Taking the bus to and from work and the gym is a nice chill transition. Keep work out of home.

Also having toddler twins and a newborn is work, I ain’t answering emails or calls here gently caress you bossman. I’ll maybe read work texts but respond? lol

If I have to do a 45 mins drive there and back and have to wake up at 5.45 in the morning vs waking up at a sensible time and getting home as soon as the calls stop coming in? Also bus would be great if it showed up or would take me to work in less than 2 hours.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Disco Pope posted:

40k and Star Wars are both fantasy. Star Trek is hard fantasy.

Josef bugman posted:

If I have to do a 45 mins drive there and back and have to wake up at 5.45 in the morning vs waking up at a sensible time and getting home as soon as the calls stop coming in? Also bus would be great if it showed up or would take me to work in less than 2 hours.

I get up between 2 and 4 most days and love it, but that doesn’t work for most people I know. Talk about a phuo.

Otherwise yeah I get hating crappy public transit- phuo all countries should fund public transit and sentence the “ew the bus- I saw a homeless person on there once” types to a special bus pass where they can only get on after everyone else, even people with no bus pass

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:05 on Feb 16, 2024

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Runa posted:

It's probably more appealing for people without kids or with a hell commute

It can be appealing for people with kids because you get to see them more often and because it adds a lot of flexibility for dealing with various school-related things. Depends a lot on the specific situation but a lot of other parents I talk to like it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

40k and Star Wars are both fantasy. Star Trek is hard fantasy.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I like working from home because I can start early, crack on and be on the videogames by 2pm