Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I'm just about due for a new slab of beer, I'll see if the bottlo here stocks Fosters. It's been ages since I last tried it, can't remember what it tastes like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gay picnic defence posted:

I'm just about due for a new slab of beer, I'll see if the bottlo here stocks Fosters. It's been ages since I last tried it, can't remember what it tastes like.

If they have crown lager get one of them as well and see if they taste the same

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Have been drinking beer for nearly 30 years and I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had a Fosters

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Dunno if you're confusing the fact that crownies are repackaged VB or if they do literally just have three brands for the exact same beer

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Dunno if you're confusing the fact that crownies are repackaged VB or if they do literally just have three brands for the exact same beer

CUB has always been that joke from the simpsons

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Forex gold is helpful if you need to down a six pack before dinner
Its like irrigation with just the right amount of runoff

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Fourex makes a lot more sense when you realise it's primarily drank in the hottest most humid parts of the country.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Now consider that Australia’s best selling beer is Great loving Northern

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

webmeister posted:

Now consider that Australia’s best selling beer is Great loving Northern

It's because they play those ads on TV in every single break, right? Really reminds me of covid days every time I hear that Pete Murray style brocoustic song. A nothing song for a nothing ad for a nothing beer.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fourex makes a lot more sense when you realise it's primarily drank in the hottest most humid parts of the country.

Come to think of it, the only place I've seen xxxx being drunk by everyone in the pub was in central Qld, so maybe this tracks

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
New season of new Zealand today he tracks down Jack Karlson of a succulent Chinese meal fame and man that is a dude who hit the bottle hard.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Aware posted:

New season of new Zealand today he tracks down Jack Karlson of a succulent Chinese meal fame and man that is a dude who hit the bottle hard.

"Democracy Manifest!" = "I'm going to get on the piss, now gently caress off and leave me alone"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
He also appeared in this music video for The Chats a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3jAJHRW_Yo

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Yeah he's really gone downhill between that video and now

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Aw drat, that's rough

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

drunkill posted:

Molloy is a a wanker, but played the media game well and got rich.

Tony Martin was the comedic genius.

The falling out between the two was Tonys faux documentary about the making of Boy Town for the dvd special was funnier than the movie turned out to be, and everyone who worked on the movie agreed.

At least the split between the duo gave us Get This, the best radio comedy show for two years as Tony went on to do his own stuff. Tony still does comedy gigs and has his sizzletown comedy podcast (with Pete Smith) while Molly does corporate gigs, the footy show he produces and owns multiple pubs.

Thanks for this.

I loved Martin/Molloy as one of the greatest radio shows ever. Always wondered about their falling out.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Great northern is objectively better than xxxx if you do physical labour in the Qld heat, its basically just Australian corona. Xxxx is like a lovely version of a British bitter lager and it feels way too heavy for a hot climate. Like I hate northern, it's dogshit but you don't need to give the marketing too much credit for its success, it was a huge hole in the market that got plugged very firmly

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

webmeister posted:

Have been drinking beer for nearly 30 years and I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had a Fosters

I don't think I have been anywhere that serves Fosters. Maybe in England, but that was a while ago I was there so I don't remember.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Foster's used to be a lot more common around the 90s I think, but nowadays it's almost disappeared.

Outback Steakhouse on the other hand is completely alien here. I think they opened up a few some years go and they died quickly. No one has any loving idea what a Bloomin Onion is supposed to be.

I remember Paul Hogan in the 80s or 90s telling use that Foster's was "The Golden Throat Charmer" or something like that.

Also remember some time around 2007 or 2008(?) Some goon who I'll have to assume was from 'Straya took a trip to an outback steak house and did a trip report. basically making fun of everything on the menu since pretty much none of it was "Authentic Australian" cuisine.

I wish I could find that thread.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
There's a couple around, it's just a crappy steakhouse. The one near the gong is popular.

We took a little amerigoon there once and the waitress was American and it was funny watching him process this for a moment.

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 11, 2024

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Great northern is objectively better than xxxx if you do physical labour in the Qld heat, its basically just Australian corona. Xxxx is like a lovely version of a British bitter lager and it feels way too heavy for a hot climate. Like I hate northern, it's dogshit but you don't need to give the marketing too much credit for its success, it was a huge hole in the market that got plugged very firmly

I will say one thing for Great Northern: their zero alcohol version tastes exactly like their regular version., dogshit

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kharnifex posted:

There's a couple around, it's just a crappy steakhouse. The one near the gong is popular.

Huh, there's 6 in NSW and 2 up in Queensland: https://outbacksteakhouse.com.au/locations/

None down here in Victoria so I won't be able to post a trip report for the thread. :(

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Huh, there's 6 in NSW and 2 up in Queensland: https://outbacksteakhouse.com.au/locations/

None down here in Victoria so I won't be able to post a trip report for the thread. :(

Genuinely don't bother. You'll get a lovely steak meal and the ability to confidently proclaim that outback steakhouse is a seppo trash chain restaurant and it should gently caress off back to its own country.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's none down in Victoria because we actually have good food here.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Aware posted:

Yeah he's really gone downhill between that video and now

Is he still doing paintings?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
My wife worked there for a brief time when she was at uni. Places that do seppo style service in Australia need to go straight in the bin. Looking at you, Tony Roma.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

gay picnic defence posted:

Is he still doing paintings?

Yep

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Fosters is still made in Australia, though not to the degree of the big brands. In 2020 they tried to relaunch it locally but I don't remember that having much effect.

It is still largely brewed under license overseas for the local territories.

"wiki" posted:

An unusual case emerged in 2015 when a New York consumer of Foster's Lager sued the brewer after – he claimed – discovering it was not brewed in Australia. He proposed a class action on the grounds of deceptive marketing. The suit cited advertising slogans such as 'Foster's Australian for Beer' and 'How to Speak Australian' were intended to trick consumers into believing the beer is made in Australia – which in turn meant the beer could be sold at a higher, premium price.

lol

XXXX is fkn EVERYWHERE up north, and not just in QLD. It's simply because of the weather, or at least clever marketing because people think "If you drink full strength in this climate you'll just get a headache and not want to drink", and some people will look at you weird if you even have a XXXX red in their presence...

Crown Lager is what brick layers drink when they've had a win at the TAB

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 11, 2024

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

EoinCannon posted:

I heard that fosters was just crown lager packaged for export. I had one about 20 years ago that turned up at the local bottle o and it kinda tasted like crowny, now that I think about it.

Fosters was common and popular when I was a kid.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wonder if it was the cultural cringe of the 90s that did it in. In was just too on the nose "throw a shrimp on the barbie mate".

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If you say "beer" with no other qualifiers, this is what you're talking about.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wonder if it was the cultural cringe of the 90s that did it in. In was just too on the nose "throw a shrimp on the barbie mate".

I was thinking Foster's was already on its way out either way but that probably didn't help.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

spaceblancmange posted:

CUB has always been that joke from the simpsons

I'm going to glass you with a Melbourne Bitter longneck.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pippita Rail Trail to renovate retired Abattoirs Branch rail bridge to connect green space in Sydney's west.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Yes, well, fair enough. Just been doin nothin for 30 years

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kharnifex posted:

We took a little amerigoon there once and the waitress was American and it was funny watching him process this for a moment.

I mean, speaking as an American, if I was in Oz and someone took me to an Outback Steakhouse and the server was an American, I'd assume I was having the piss taken out of me by the Chasers or something.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Just putting you at ease by taking you somewhere trashy and feeding you pigswill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

For the love of god do not post this in the auspol d&d thread