Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's no way with their numerous flaws that the Chiefs win the Super Bowl next year!

*Chiefs struggle a bit in the regular season, still dominate the postseason and win the Super Bowl*

Oh, well, nevertheless...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Harlock posted:

If they actually draft or sign a WR, look out

Wow seems scary if this perennial Superbowl winner would actually have a good WR again, maybe they'd do the unthinkable and win a Superbowl or something?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
2012 Ravens had a tough road. Luck - Peyton - Brady I am pretty sure

But yes this was legendary. The Chiefs were not that great in the regular season compared to other top teams. Lost to almost every good team we played, and got beat bad by Denver and Oakland. Couldn’t even score on Green Bay’s defense. But Mahomes turns it on in the playoffs and the defense was great.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Grozz Nuy posted:

lovely way to lose but it happens. Run it back next year with Hufanga back and hopefully some better O-linemen, and presumably Kansas City won't have Chris Jones anymore if we end up in this same loving situation again

The whole Shanahan "we don't need great o-linemen" thing has run its course imo. Let's get some like average interior guys and see how things go

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

darkforce898 posted:

If they made the extra point the 49ers would have lost in regulation.

I'm not saying it was a good idea to miss it, but it's not as simple as the booth made it seem.

Also Romo needs to completely gently caress off. He cannot get through a single sentence without stumbling through a compliment for Mahomes.

I heard at least 3 "spatial awareness" quotes about purdy and 5+ mentions of leverage when it didn't appear applicable. Real annoying

He did do a good job of talking about how the defensive coordinator was playing too soft and shanahan had to call timeout

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Sunshine posted:

LOL I missed that amongst all the chaos, seems normal

That guy always gets insanely angry at 49ers games, he should probably stop watching football and get therapy.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Mega64 posted:

There's no way with their numerous flaws that the Chiefs win the Super Bowl next year!

*Chiefs struggle a bit in the regular season, still dominate the postseason and win the Super Bowl*

Oh, well, nevertheless...

teams seem to lose their minds when playing the Chiefs in the playoffs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brock Purdy is a dogshit loser and Kyle bought into the hype about him because he's got the same loser stink

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That guy always gets insanely angry at 49ers games, he should probably stop watching football and get therapy.

He got insanely loving mad at the 49ers for losing to the rams... in week 18... when they had already secured the 1 seed and were playing their backups.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
^^^ holy poo poo, lol

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yeah I mean, we all say some outlandish stuff in the midst of a poo poo posting spree but that's a bit too much

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Brock

Turdy

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

at least Tony Romo does a good job of explaining to people how Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen invented the quarterback position and the forward pass

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alaois posted:

Brock Purdy is a dogshit loser and Kyle bought into the hype about him because he's got the same loser stink

Brock Purdy wins a super bowl if some idiot didn't have a punt hit him in the foot.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Brock Purdy wins a super bowl if some idiot didn't have a punt hit him in the foot.

the 9ers were going to lose that game regardless, it was only a matter of process

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

really queer Christmas posted:

He got insanely loving mad at the 49ers for losing to the rams... in week 18... when they had already secured the 1 seed and were playing their backups.

lol this is really funny hehehe

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I realize this isn't actually a thing but "Chiefs DST" should have been MVP imo. Chris Jones finished with a nothing stat line but he wrecked multiple crucial plays including what could have been an easy TD in OT. Blocked extra point. Lot of great plays in the secondary. Also yeah the stupid ball off a guy's foot which was total dumb luck but they capitalized on it.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

mightygerm posted:

teams seem to lose their minds when playing the Chiefs in the playoffs

Texts between me and my Chiefs fan friend during the AFC Championship

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we stole one.

I’m walking on sunshine right now

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

kiimo posted:

Yeah, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we stole one.

I’m walking on sunshine right now

Last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year and y'all stole one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the ups and downs of this game remind me of Andy's first superbowl. Shanahan is still a big game choker until further notice. Purdy might be a legit top 10/8 qb, gotta see him do it one more season before I’m fully sold though

lol @ 9ers franchise and team, sorry to 9er fans that's a really tough one to lose

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
it was pretty gross for them to keep carl weathers in that fandual commercial, right?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Alaois posted:

the 9ers were going to lose that game regardless, it was only a matter of process

After an entire season where the NFL took every opportunity to profit off of Kelce and Swift's "relationship", all the talk about all the Swifties now being NFL fans, reaching a new audience, etc., all the merchandise that Swifties would purchase if the Chiefs win... it blows my mind that people actually think the NFL isn't scripted.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

indigi posted:

the ups and downs of this game remind me of Andy's first superbowl. Shanahan is still a big game choker until further notice. Purdy might be a legit top 10/8 qb, gotta see him do it one more season before I’m fully sold though

lol @ 9ers franchise and team, sorry to 9er fans that's a really tough one to lose

Yeah Shanahan is the new Andy Reid. Hopefully he doesn't need to go to another team to break the curse

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’m sure they talked themselves into it because it cost them $7 million just for the airtime

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Welcome to the 4 SB club Chefs.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How good was Trent McDuffie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

After an entire season where the NFL took every opportunity to profit off of Kelce and Swift's "relationship", all the talk about all the Swifties now being NFL fans, reaching a new audience, etc., all the merchandise that Swifties would purchase if the Chiefs win... it blows my mind that people actually think the NFL isn't scripted.

It only blows your mind because your mind is subpar

Inaction Jackson
Feb 28, 2009
For all the talk of Shanahan not running the football, McCaffrey only averaged 3.6 ypc. And I’m sure it’s even worse after the first drive or two where it felt like they were gashing the Chiefs. Spags clearly was showing fronts that would be difficult to run into, just like he did in the Ravens game. The only thing that seemed to consistently work for the 49ers were passes to McCaffrey.

I don’t think it’s a given that the 49ers would have had more success or won the game if they had slammed running plays into a stacked box in the 3rd quarter.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

mcmagic posted:

it was pretty gross for them to keep carl weathers in that fandual commercial, right?

it was at the very least weird but yeah pretty tacky too

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

3.6*3 = 10.8

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

lol sure dude. Couldn't be the fact that the 9ers melted down in the 2nd half.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
KC was clearly selling out to stop the run all game, there was nothing wrong with Kyle's playcalling. KC had a very good defense this year and they still played well enough to win.

Bootloafus
Apr 5, 2009

giblet gravy
In addition to the other happy fan feelings: we got a super bowl in the Raider's house, as a treat. Very satisfying cherry on top.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Canned Sunshine posted:

Cool, I like it when the writers cater to me. It makes it more fun.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

It's already been forgotten but that 9ers trick play was amazing

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

kiimo posted:

It only blows your mind because your mind is subpar

Well that too. I'm just tired of the most openly racist fanbase getting to enjoy anything nice. gently caress Missouri forever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there was nothing wrong with kyle's playcalling, other than the fact that it didn't loving work lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

papersack posted:

lol sure dude. Couldn't be the fact that the 9ers melted down in the 2nd half.

tweet fuel cant melt strong teams

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012

Canned Sunshine posted:

Well that too. I'm just tired of the most openly racist fanbase getting to enjoy anything nice. gently caress Missouri forever.

as an incredibly unracist fan that lives in Missouri, please go gently caress yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Inaction Jackson posted:

I don’t think it’s a given that the 49ers would have had more success or won the game if they had slammed running plays into a stacked box in the 3rd quarter.

nothing is a given in a football game, I agree, but at some specific times it was very suspect, like after a 2nd and 4 when McCaffrey got 6 yards on first down and they were gaining big momentum. he called two consecutive passes and the 49ers had to settle for a field goal

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 12, 2024